OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 970, 971, 972 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
if lopez didnt brick shot after shot he would have has double digit assists

A lot of guys missed shots on his kick outs.. He probably ends up with at least 13 assists tonight with better shooting around him.

Half of his assists were to a white-hot KCP and the Lakers shot 44.7% from 3PT range. I don't think you could ask for much more from the shooting off of his passes tonight.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

A lot of guys missed shots on his kick outs.. He probably ends up with at least 13 assists tonight with better shooting around him.

Half of his assists were to a white-hot KCP and the Lakers shot 44.7% from 3PT range. I don't think you could ask for much more from the shooting off of his passes tonight.

Lopez missed quite a few.. there were some other missed shots as well. Not complaining, just stating a fact. He could have had more assists had there been better shooting.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:41 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
This kid can do it all! He is going to be an amazing player before its all said and done.

Dude he blocked a big mans shot without jumping.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject:

He's now in historic company for a 20 year old or younger player (cut offs were 16 ppg, 5 rpg, 3.8 apg): https://tinyurl.com/y9rmyayh
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Lopez missed quite a few.. there were some other missed shots as well. Not complaining, just stating a fact. He could have had more assists had there been better shooting.

And it's a fact he could have had fewer assists had there been worse shooting, in particular as GT noted, if KCP wasn't white hot for a time.

I never understood the "could have gotten more assists if people could make more shots" point when the opposite is just as true. It all evens out in the end. Guys will make GREAT plays for someone, and not get the assist credit when they miss. But they'll also get credit for things like giving it up to a white hot shooter or, inbounding the ball with one second left and the player jacks up a shot and makes it.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

And it's a fact he could have had fewer assists had there been worse shooting, in particular as GT noted, if KCP wasn't white hot for a time.

I never understood the "could have gotten more assists if people could make more shots" point when the opposite is just as true. It all evens out in the end. Guys will make GREAT plays for someone, and not get the assist credit when they miss. But they'll also get credit for things like giving it up to a white hot shooter or, inbounding the ball with one second left and the player jacks up a shot and makes it.

Last year on LG when they brought up potential assist stat was one of the funniest things ive ever read
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
He's now in historic company for a 20 year old or younger player (cut offs were 16 ppg, 5 rpg, 3.8 apg): https://tinyurl.com/y9rmyayh

Let's hope he's more LeBron James than Tyreke Evans !!!
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Let's hope he's more LeBron James than Tyreke Evans !!!

Lol I was just thinking that same thing.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Ingram had 8 assists on 13 potential assists last night. Most players get assists on around 53-54% of their potential assists, so the Lakers shooting outperformed expectation last night.

But potential assists do give you an idea of how many shots a guy is creating for others, and how many of them are converted are a function of high quality those looks are and/or how good your finishers are.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Bottom line.. he's creating opportunities for his teammates.. and doing it pretty well considering he's not a point guard.. And the opposite of "he could have gotten more assists" doesn't negate the fact that he could average more with more shooters around him. Whether it averages out or not.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Put the team on his back in the third. Great production when the team came out scuffling. Kept the Hawks at bay.
IBWriter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Superstar
IBWriter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Superstar

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Really looking good, a couple of his plays tonight were really confident and lanky long impressive. I tried to tag him "The Ingrantula" in the game thread
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject:

IBWriter wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
Superstar

PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject:

TINY DOG!!!!!!
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject:

In the three games since the All-Star break Ingram has averaged 16.3 points (56.8% fg, 40% 3p, 83.3% ft), 8.7 rebounds, 5.7 assists, 2.3 blocks, and a steal in 32 minutes.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Really looking good, a couple of his plays tonight were really confident and lanky long impressive. I tried to tag him "The Ingrantula" in the game thread

That's a good one

I like tiny dog a lot.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject:

I got home at halftime. Glad I got to see that 3rd quarter.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
In the three games since the All-Star break Ingram has averaged 16.3 points (56.8% fg, 40% 3p, 83.3% ft), 8.7 rebounds, 5.7 assists, 2.3 blocks, and a steal in 32 minutes.

If I was to ask for a perfect (but still within the realm of possibility) version of him in his sophomore year, that's pretty much in the general range, stats-wise. Let's hope he keeps it up against the better teams.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject:

fam
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:

Real deal, in time a top 15 potential talent!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

That's a good one

I like tiny dog a lot.

He is getting confident and starting to play VERY efficiently. Lonzo is playing efficiently, Randle is playing efficiently.

I thought IT and Hart were both great also tonight and KCP was really hustling on defense.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:

If I was to ask for a perfect (but still within the realm of possibility) version of him in his sophomore year, that's pretty much in the general range, stats-wise. Let's hope he keeps it up against the better teams.

I think that's asking too much. I don't think its reasonable to keep that stat line up... 17/6/4 with a steal and a block a game though? Sure.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 970, 971, 972 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 971 of 1885
Jump to: