Zaza Pachulia is being too obvious about it now. "Falls" on Westbrook's knee.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject: Zaza Pachulia is being too obvious about it now. "Falls" on Westbrook's knee.

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Wow. Why did he even bother doing that when they're not even in a playoff series? OKC isn't even a serious competitor.

Pachulia should be suspended by the league and banned permanently if he does this sort of thing again. I wonder if Kawhi Leonard's current injury issues have anything to do with Pachulia's dirty move last season.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:48 am    Post subject:

Wow. The NBA needs to review this and suspend this bum.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:55 am    Post subject:

That is a douche bag move, hope he is suspended for the playoffs.

The Warriors should be ashamed of themselves. They don't do something themselves and I call for a boycott!
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:00 am    Post subject:

Green and CowardKD vying for top douche on the W's, but Zaza says hold my beer...

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:12 am    Post subject:

he'll def be suspended. I thought it was retaliation on that play for Westbrook falling on Swaggy, you can see Swaggy upset about it after the play...
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject:

this is about the worse thing you can be caught doing on court, the league needs to make an example out of him with a stiff suspension. I'd say with a combination of regular season AND playoff games.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
he'll def be suspended.

Wish I could believe that. At least the incident made a headline so the league can't pretend they aren't aware of it.

Even if he does, I'd be surprised if it were more than a game. Regardless, they don't need him to win. That's why the Warriors are OK with letting him do dirty stuff like that.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

Since Draymond has a reputation in the past, they need a new goon. Zaza is expendable so he can do dirty plays and the Warriors would still win.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
he'll def be suspended. I thought it was retaliation on that play for Westbrook falling on Swaggy, you can see Swaggy upset about it after the play...

Didn't see the game but if West fell on Swaggy on purpose than its fair game
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject:

I watched the video and honestly believe he deserves to be suspended for the rest of the season.

It was obvious he was trying to hurt Westbrook. You can't have that in the game and there is just too much history with this guy.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject:

The Warriors loaded up their roster with the most talent in NBA history (I don't even think it's a question), and still feel the need to resort to dirty tactics in order to win games. It's really getting pathetic now with them, especially with all the whining and crying over calls that goes with it.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

You guys are overreacting. Zaza got the back of his knee kicked which caused his collapse. Nick’s foot got caught behind Zaza’s knee, and as he collapsed because Westbrook fell all over his back, Nick’s foot collapsed Zaza’s leg. Just bad luck.

https://deadspin.com/1823308062
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
The Warriors loaded up their roster with the most talent in NBA history (I don't even think it's a question), and still feel the need to resort to dirty tactics in order to win games. It's really getting pathetic now with them, especially with all the whining and crying over calls that goes with it.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
You guys are overreacting. Zaza got the back of his knee kicked which caused his collapse. Nick’s foot got caught behind Zaza’s knee, and as he collapsed because Westbrook fell all over his back, Nick’s foot collapsed Zaza’s leg. Just bad luck.

Yes, that happened. But he also collected himself, and didn't bother to brace his himself. You can see the hitch and where he decided...oh I'll just smother him down here by going for the knees.

Dude's trash.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Swaggy's foot was pulling him down from the back of the knee.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Yes, that happened. But he also collected himself, and didn't bother to brace his himself. You can see the hitch and where he decided...oh I'll just smother him down here by going for the knees.

Dude's trash.

He didn’t collect himself. Nick Young’s foot was wedges into the back of his knee and was dragging his leg out from under him and when Nick went completely down from Westbrook crashing into him, he took Zaza down with him. This is ridiculous. You might as well claim Zaza deliberately tried to hurt KD when he crashed into his knee last year when Gortat shoved him if you’re going to claim he’s trying to take out Westbrook here.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Dude's trash.

He didn’t collect himself. Nick Young’s foot was wedges into the back of his knee and was dragging his leg out from under him and when Nick went completely down from Westbrook crashing into him, he took Zaza down with him. This is ridiculous. You might as well claim Zaza deliberately tried to hurt KD when he crashed into his knee last year when Gortat shoved him if you’re going to claim he’s trying to take out Westbrook here.

I think you're right. I mean, we can't read Zaza's mind, so I guess it's possible that in the split second when Young was knocking him down he was thinking, "yay, I hope this hurts Westbrook," but I think he at least has plausible deniability on this one.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject:

It is possible that Zaza fell on purpose or guided his fall a bit, but Swaggy hooks zaza's knee while swaggy is still falling to the ground and continues to fall and do something of a forward crawl while the knee is hooked. Zaza also has Westrook in front of his other leg so he can't really walk forward to adjust his balance. I also had some time to look at reddit posts about Zaza's questionable history. I think this one falls in the area where both sides have a valid point but nothing will end up happening. I'm not a Zaza fan so I don't really care if he gets suspended or not.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Zaza has a long history of being a dirty player....he will be remembered as little more than a goon......he deserves zero benefit of the doubt.
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:38 am    Post subject:

Seem like there was a leg out there.
But he shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt, if this falls ina grey area.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:47 am    Post subject:

Zaza, I think you might be taking the villain thing a little too far. There are still some rules. Gotta take it easy, alright?

Zaza: Nothing easy! Nothing easy! We're going to game seven, baby! Game seven! Game seveeeeeeen!

It suddenly made sense to me why he had a bag full of heads belonging to all-stars.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

Yah. I've felt like I've been in Alternate World where no one else sees Swagelle's legs wrapped up with Westbrook's and then Zaza's.

I thought his Kawhi moment was much more dubious than this one.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Yah. I've felt like I've been in Alternate World where no one else sees Swagelle's legs wrapped up with Westbrook's and then Zaza's.

I thought his Kawhi moment was much more dubious than this one.

I slowed the video and went frame by frame. Z could have avoided Westbrooks leg. He made no effort to. I don't know if it was intentional or not but his reputation says it may have been. LINK
Quote:
Pachulia appears to just be standing by the Westbrook and Young pile before falling over on his own volition. There were no other bodies in the vicinity and any contact between Pachulia, Young and Westbrook seems minimal.

However, it’s difficult to see from the baseline camera but the broadcast angle shows Young’s right foot hooking Pachulia’s left leg, which could have thrown off the centre’s balance and sent him tumbling. It gives Pachulia a little bit of plausible deniability, but doesn’t explain why he falls so directly into Westbrook’s knees instead of trying to avoid contact.

Quote:
His reputation does him no favours and San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich offered up an analogy after Pachulia slid under Kawhi Leonard on a jump shot in last year’s Western Conference Finals, injuring his ankle and taking him out for the rest of the playoffs.

“Who gives a damn what his intent was?” Popovich said after Game 1. “Have you ever heard of manslaughter? You still go to jail, I think, when you’re texting and you end up killing somebody, but may have not intended to do that. All I care is what I saw. All I care about is what happened. And the history there exasperates the whole situation and makes me very, very angry.”

Suggestion, slow the video down. I may be missing something, I didn't see a effort to avoid Russel's leg.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: