Kyrie Irving is a flat Earth truther
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Lol, I'm not saying Kyrie is right...who really knows? Most of everything in our history books is a farce...Scientists are paid off by elitists...I have never been in space, and I am humble enough to say I do not know? Just like I do not know if there is an afterlife? I do not think the laws of the universe can be interpreted by man, we just do the best we can. We cannot even access most of our brainpower supposedly...so who is to say?

So because one doesn't understand how the world works, it cannot be possible?

I have never been in Australia, does it exist?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject:

I gotta believe Kyrie is yanking chains about the earth being flat.

Hell I believe in ET's.

CIA assassinated Bob Marley because he tried to bring people together, he may believe that if he's into conspiracies. That's far out, to far for me.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/12/28/bill-nye-on-kyrie-irvings-flat-earth-beliefs-its-just-weird/

Quote:
Bill Nye on Kyrie Irving’s flat earth beliefs: “It’s just weird!”

Bill Nye was everyone’s favorite TV scientist back in the 1990s. He’s come to the fore more recently, and even has a Netflix show that has opened to mixed reviews.

Still, Nye is an entertaining personality and a proponent of the importance of science. Nye appeared on Complex News for a recent spot, and the conversation turned to the flat earth theory and Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving.

Nye was bewildered by how a player, concentrated on so many small facets of the game, could believe the earth was flat.

The conversation starts at 1:47 in the video above, and Nye’s knowledge of some finer points of how basketball works appears to show that he’s a fan of the game.

How can Kyrie Irving believe the earth is flat? We don’t know either, Bill.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/12/28/bill-nye-on-kyrie-irvings-flat-earth-beliefs-its-just-weird/

Quote:
Bill Nye on Kyrie Irving’s flat earth beliefs: “It’s just weird!”

Bill Nye was everyone’s favorite TV scientist back in the 1990s. He’s come to the fore more recently, and even has a Netflix show that has opened to mixed reviews.

Still, Nye is an entertaining personality and a proponent of the importance of science. Nye appeared on Complex News for a recent spot, and the conversation turned to the flat earth theory and Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving.

Nye was bewildered by how a player, concentrated on so many small facets of the game, could believe the earth was flat.

The conversation starts at 1:47 in the video above, and Nye’s knowledge of some finer points of how basketball works appears to show that he’s a fan of the game.

How can Kyrie Irving believe the earth is flat? We don’t know either, Bill.

OT but even though I agree with his overall opinions and philosophies, I really don't like Bill Nye. I don't think he's a good spokesman for "pro-science" people or whatever.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Lol, I'm not saying Kyrie is right...who really knows? Most of everything in our history books is a farce...Scientists are paid off by elitists...I have never been in space, and I am humble enough to say I do not know? Just like I do not know if there is an afterlife? I do not think the laws of the universe can be interpreted by man, we just do the best we can. We cannot even access most of our brainpower supposedly...so who is to say?

Ball Don't Lie

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/24/geno-smith-joins-the-flat-earth-debate/

Quote:
Geno Smith joins the flat earth “debate”

The ancient Greeks figured out that the earth was a sphere about 2,500 years ago, and Magellan proved it beyond a shadow of a doubt 500 years ago.

Geno Smith believes it’s still open to debate.

Smith said on Twitter that he is beginning to believe that NBA player and noted flat-earther Kyrie Irving has a point.

“I been studying this whole flat earth vs globe thing,” Smith wrote, “and I think I may be with Kyrie on this.”

Smith got more than 2,000 responses to that tweet, and he then engaged in a lengthy Twitter conversation with some who agreed with him and some who think he’s an idiot. In the end, however, he seemed persuaded by the evidence that the earth is, in fact, round.

“Hey guys I’m glad we had this talk today it was fun lol I know how you all love to debate on Twitter so this was good,” Smith wrote. “For the record Earth is a globe we know this. But why not listen to someone else’s beliefs or ‘truth.'”

Listening to others’ beliefs is never a bad idea. But if you’re listening to someone who believes the earth is flat, you’re not listening to “truth.”
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

The anti-science movement is scary as hell.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject:

I initially thought this flat earth thing was some kind of inside joke. And then one of my facebook friends started posting about it and she genuinely believes in it. She also believes in chemtrails, is an anti-vaxxer, thinks the Rothschilds have $700 trillion in wealth, etc. I don't think she's ever read a book in her life and gets all her information from memes. The groups she belongs to on facebook have thousands of members.

This is scary.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
I initially thought this flat earth thing was some kind of inside joke. And then one of my facebook friends started posting about it and she genuinely believes in it. She also believes in chemtrails, is an anti-vaxxer, thinks the Rothschilds have $700 trillion in wealth, etc. I don't think she's ever read a book in her life and gets all her information from memes. The groups she belongs to on facebook have thousands of members.

This is scary.

I understand your concern. Their influence reaches far beyond the internet. I believe you can read between the lines.

audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

Its scary how many people take those bs facebook posts as gospel.
Shecky
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject:

Dude needs to change his name to World B. Flat.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject:

Shecky wrote:
Dude needs to change his name to World B. Flat.

Noooice newbe. Welcome to LG

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject:

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/10/01/kyrie-irving-apologizes-for-saying-earth-is-flat/

Quote:
Kyrie Irving apologizes for saying earth is flat

Kyrie Irving is his own guy, not a follower. He’s curious about the world and wants to learn. All outstanding qualities, but mix in the unfiltered information of the Internet and he can end up going down some ridiculous rabbit holes.

Like saying that the earth is flat.

When he said that around All-Star Weekend in New Orleans in 2017 that suddenly became the topic of the weekend. While every rational and thinking person knows this is untrue, it became a thing with everyone from middle school children to Shaq agreeing with him. In a world where truth has been defined as relative by some, it was part of a disturbing trend. Irving tried to backtrack it saying he was just trolling, but anyone who heard him speak on it wasn’t buying that.

Monday, at a Forbes Under 30 Summit in Boston, Irving said he regretted saying the earth was flat (hat tip Uproxx).

Nicole Yang
@nicolecyang
Kyrie apologizes for saying the world is flat. #Under30Summit

4:58 PM - Oct 1, 2018
674 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Irving said this happened during a time he was “really into conspiracy theories” and apologized more for the fallout that the belief itself.

“At the time, I was huge into conspiracies. Everybody’s been there. Everybody’s been there like, ‘Whoa! What’s going on with our world?!”

What Irving mostly talked about was not understanding the power of his voice.

“At the time, you’re like innocent in it, but you realize the effect of the power of voice. Even if you believe in that, just don’t come out and say that stuff – it’s for intimate conversations because perception while you’re received changes. I’m actually a smart-ass individual … At the time, I just didn’t realize the effect … I’m sorry about all that….

“So I’m sorry about all that: all the science teachers coming up to me going ‘You know I have to reteach my whole curriculum.’ I’m sorry! I apologize. I apologize.”
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:30 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
The anti-science movement is scary as hell.

And it's scary how the flat earth movement, the anti-vax movement and all these other anti-science movements are really new and recent. We have all these weird and scary conspiracy theories now, like QAnon, Pizzagate, Sandy Hook was staged, etc.

It's the kind of stuff we would only talk about at 2 AM after we took at least 20 bong hits.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject:

When I was around 13, there was a crusty old blind man that lived down our street, all the kids called him Ray Charles, but his real name was Gus. Gus had been blind his entire life and we thought that was why he was so bitter.

One day my mom made me take some cookies down to him, I went reluctantly, hoping he was not home, but since he was all alone and had nowhere to go and no real life, he was sitting in his garage as I rode up on my stingray. "Who's there" he barked as I approached, "It's me from down the street", I said, "my mom made you some cookies". This seemed to soften his disposition some and he invited me to stay a spell and talk with him. We did some chit-chat about the weather and the neighborhood and I asked him what it was like to be blind(?)

"Oh it ain't so bad he said, you don't have to believe in a bunch of useless things",

I said "like what?"

He said, "like Elephants!"

"Elephants" I said, "why don't you believe in elephants?"

"Well, for one I ain't never seen one" he said proudly,

I said "that's because you're blind".

Then he said "have YOU ever seen one?",

I said "no, not live, but I have seen one on TV",

Then he said "How do you know it's real? there are fake and made up things on TV"

Trying to outsmart him, I said "I had seen casts of their foot prints"

"Well those could be fake, unless you saw one make them" he retorted

"Ok, I said, I have heard recordings of the sounds they make"

"Those could be fake too!" he stated

I thought for a minute and said that "I knew people who had seen one"

"They could be lying" he said

"Well they took pictures of one", I said

And he came back with "Photos can be faked"

I said "you could read about them on the computer"

"I don't read much", he said

It was then it hit me that this guy just wanted to argue,

So I hopped back on my bike and gave him the finger as I rode away..

Seems like there are blind people just about everywhere isn't there...?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: