It's official: The Lakers no longer suck.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Capt.Skyhook wrote:
Not only do they not suck. If season restarted now this would be a low-seed playoff team.

Ok but this is why seasons are 82 games long.

But yeah, definitely feels more legit this time. Sustainable.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Definitely does not suck!!!
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject:

chazz wrote:
Lakers are playing really well now (Reminds me of the Caballos, Excel, Eddie Jones days) where they are playing hard without a signed superstar

Ennis should never even be in a Laker uniform.....Travis Ware was very clutch in that 4th...IT is a finisher...Lonzo is all everything ...Randle is all beast...Pope plays really good all around just sometimes makes non thinking shooting decisions....Zubak doing alright...Kuzma is a true scorer.....Very fun group to watch now

and you know what's great about your post? You didn't even mention Brandon Ingram yet. My goodness. The future is bright.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject:

chazz wrote:
Lakers are playing really well now (Reminds me of the Caballos, Excel, Eddie Jones days) where they are playing hard without a signed superstar

Ennis should never even be in a Laker uniform.....Travis Ware was very clutch in that 4th...IT is a finisher...Lonzo is all everything ...Randle is all beast...Pope plays really good all around just sometimes makes non thinking shooting decisions....Zubak doing alright...Kuzma is a true scorer.....Very fun group to watch now

Obv that core got Kobe/Shaq in 1996, but the Lakers current core is more talented than the pre Shaq 90s Lakers. Ball and Ingram have a much higher ceiling than Ceballos, Van Exel and Eddie Jones back in the day. None of those guys became stars.

Last edited by lakers4life78 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
If Lonzo never got hurt we're easily a .500 team vying for a playoff spot right now. That 9 game losing streak absolutely killed us.

Not only that but had we gone around.500 not only could we be in playoff hunt but cuz of records we could be talking about third seed
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Feels good to not suck anymore.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Fun team. Still expect a massive personnel turnover this summer. Upgrades. We are close to convincing the top dog FAs to join.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Definitely does not suck!!!

Screw my previous post - dang right!!
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Obv that core got Kobe/Shaq in 1996, but the Lakers current core is more talented. Ball and Ingram have a much higher ceiling than Ceballos, Van Exel and Eddie Jones back in the day. None of those guys became stars.

While I generally agree that the Lakers core of Ball/Ingram/Randle/Kuzma has more long-term potential, I think that's doing a bit of a disservice to those guys. Eddie Jones was a 3 time all-star, 3 time all-defensive and one time all-NBA. Nick was a 17/8 All-Star. Ceballos had been an 22/8 All-Star just two years prior. They also had Elden Campbell who was a 15/8/1.5 block player. Based on merit that was a better team than the Lakers have right now, coming off a 53 win season and had been in the second round the year prior. I think with the Lakers core right now they have some superstar potential which I don't think was present in the 90s Lakers team, but they are still very young.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Sure feels like they've turned the corner.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Fun team. Still expect a massive personnel turnover this summer. Upgrades. We are close to convincing the top dog FAs to join.

We've GOTTA be turning some heads among free agents by now.

That performance by Lonzo Ball - daaaanng. His only weakness was shooting, right? I think a lot of players know he does everything else so well. And with 3 point flames he just Kobe'd us into a win in clutch time on the road against San Antonio.

Yeah I think we're on the verge of getting the attention we wanted.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That performance by Lonzo Ball - daaaanng. His only weakness was shooting, right? I think a lot of players know he does everything else so well. And with 3 point flames he just Kobe'd us into a win in clutch time on the road against San Antonio.

Gawd I hope we keep Randle w/ whomever we sign.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Finally!!! From now on, I will no longer fast forward the DVR when they are down 15 and may even start watching live again....

Last 2 years were BRUTAL hopelessness. Games like these almost always ended with a 20 point beatdown....

Don't f this up, this summer!!! GO LAKERS!!!!!
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Still needs to learn how to finish better around the rim
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:
Finally!!! From now on, I will no longer fast forward the DVR when they are down 15 and may even start watching live again....

Last 2 years were BRUTAL hopelessness. Games like these almost always ended with a 20 point beatdown....

Time to give up them bad habits Laker_Jocker!
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Laker_Jocker wrote:

I am reformed, winning mentality just like Zo!!!
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Laker_Jocker wrote:

I am reformed, winning mentality just like Zo!!!

LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Obv that core got Kobe/Shaq in 1996, but the Lakers current core is more talented. Ball and Ingram have a much higher ceiling than Ceballos, Van Exel and Eddie Jones back in the day. None of those guys became stars.

While I generally agree that the Lakers core of Ball/Ingram/Randle/Kuzma has more long-term potential, I think that's doing a bit of a disservice to those guys. Eddie Jones was a 3 time all-star, 3 time all-defensive and one time all-NBA. Nick was a 17/8 All-Star. Ceballos had been an 22/8 All-Star just two years prior. They also had Elden Campbell who was a 15/8/1.5 block player. Based on merit that was a better team than the Lakers have right now, coming off a 53 win season and had been in the second round the year prior. I think with the Lakers core right now they have some superstar potential which I don't think was present in the 90s Lakers team, but they are still very young.

Hear Hear J.C.! Those early 90s Lakers were LEGIT stars (and exciting to watch too).. Of course, getting Shaq and that rooke Kobe still didn't get them over the top until the switch to Phil. Of course, I still disagree with the dump of Eddie and Eldon for Mr Sarah-Palin
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Capt.Skyhook wrote:
Not only do they not suck. If season restarted now this would be a third-seed playoff team.

I fixed it for you.
repandpresent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject:

The team is playing team ball in every sense. I love it. Last year there were too many guys trying to get theirs.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject:

We've got some tough games coming up. I hope we can win some of them.
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject:

things are finally starting to go the Lakers' way.

seems like they're FINALLY beginning to claw their way back from that whole...

wait for it....

BASKETBALL REASONS FIASCO.

eff you nba
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject:

This win against the Spurs was a very nice win for us. I kept hearing that the Spurs were without Aldridge and Kawhi, but dang, we were without BI and Hart.

The Spurs have their system down and all the players know how to play it. They know their system better than we know our system. Plus, they are fighting for playoff positioning and need to win.

Good win for us because of all that. This team, as it is, will be in the playoffs next year for sure. I think we come in second place in our division. If we get the right two stars and manage to keep our core five. We will push the Warriors.

Mitch and Jim NEVER had us in such a good position.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:41 am    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:

Good thing bout this win was that it had ZERO earmarks of a comeback, especially from 17, especially that late. That was 40 minutes of being sluggish and trailing by 10-15. It looked like a packed-in and tired performance, and even if they lost, it would've been a good trip. Instead, they did THAT. That signals they want to win for winning's sake, not just be content with 3-1. That's especially good because they a) got screwed by a 9 gm loss streak, and b) because they're 11th and firmly stuck there lest Utah freefalls, which I doubt. It would be mighty easy for this team, especially one with players who probably aren't here next year, to just go thru the motions. Even the FO has signaled that it's a "throwaway" year of sorts in terms of W and L counts. It's HARD to rebound from a 9 loss streak and to improve your play even when you know making the 8th seed is probably out of the question.

To quote JFK: "We choose to beat the Spurs and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are HAAAHD!"
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:45 am    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Hear Hear J.C.! Those early 90s Lakers were LEGIT stars (and exciting to watch too).. Of course, getting Shaq and that rooke Kobe still didn't get them over the top until the switch to Phil. Of course, I still disagree with the dump of Eddie and Eldon for Mr Sarah-Palin

Don't forget those Lakers teams had about 4-5 years on this squad. The 94-96 squads hold a special place in my heart but we'll see where the dust settles in 4-5 years down the line when most of our core is STILL younger than most of the guys on that 95-96 team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: