Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vadorojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Sorry fam you're gonna have to settle for this instead.

Some of your best stuff yet. Thanks, GT!

I'm not fishing for compliments here, but why do you say that?

I've had a few people say something similar. It's gotten more views and likes than I expected it to, and I didn't think I knocked it out of the park when I made it. I'm just trying to figure out what the appeal of this one was because that helps me with future videos. Appreciate the feedback.

You always produce good content, but you're also a bit of a prisoner of the quality on the court.

The distinction for me is that this is one of your "structural/procedural" videos versus player performance videos, and the former often have more meaning for me because you tease out trends and less immediately perceivable team-wide changes. I appreciate both videos, but when you isolate on the team's defense or transition offense, it's more illuminating than individual player performances even though your performance highlights still stand out above and beyond the industry standard.

I'm looking for high level videos of variations of Lakers horns sets, though. So I really appreciate this vid, but I understand that given 1) the play the Lakers provide, and 2) the long NBA season, that videos like the above aren't always the norm. But this video is a standout for junkies, though I would advise from a marketing perspective to entice the fans along with the junkies through excellent game by game breakdown footage.

Lastly, I would really love to see season long trend videos for the players you think are worth such effort. Ingram's improvement, Lonzo's defense, Julius' developing playmaking, etc

+1
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject:

Thank you guys for the great feedback. It seems like explaining a basketball concept and then reinforcing it with video afterward was something that people enjoyed. I'll keep that in mind for future videos of that style. Thank you.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject:

JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Thank you guys for the great feedback. It seems like explaining a basketball concept and then reinforcing it with video afterward was something that people enjoyed. I'll keep that in mind for future videos of that style. Thank you.

Yes. True for me, too.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

This is the type of laser focused stuff that nobody else does. Well, certainly not as succinctly or IMO, as effectively. And that separates you well from the pack.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Podcast: Short Handed

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/short-handed
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Listening to the Pod. Fun stuff as usual.

I think we're at 14 with Wear. Payton and Caruso both 2-ways. If they aren't going to convert Caruso they should sign someone now.

If you don't convert Caruso you keep his rights without any cap hit (2-way guys don't count).

We're past the deadline to sign 2-way contracts. Can't give one to Wear.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Lastly, I would really love to see season long trend videos for the players you think are worth such effort. Ingram's improvement, Lonzo's defense, Julius' developing playmaking, etc

Summer series leading up to Vegas? This would definitely be the year for all of the player improvement. I don't know another NBA team that has taken as many individual major steps as the current Laker squad.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I think we're at 14 with Wear. Payton and Caruso both 2-ways. If they aren't going to convert Caruso they should sign someone now.

If you don't convert Caruso you keep his rights without any cap hit (2-way guys don't count).

Well then.

(thanks)
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Well then.

(thanks)

I was just jamming with you guys.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

GT has officially gone mainstream. As a Chargers' fan, I was impressed by that Eric Weddle re-tweet of you owning some random Twithead who called him out. Well done, sir
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
GT has officially gone mainstream. As a Chargers' fan, I was impressed by that Eric Weddle re-tweet of you owning some random Twithead who called him out. Well done, sir

That was pretty random.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I liked the Reservoir Dogs

Reservoir Dogs is just a tremendous film. I could watch it ever day of the week. It’s in my all time top ten.

Another reason I like it is that they shot most of the film in Highland Park and a few blocks from where I lived.
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject:

It’s so refreshing to see GT getting all the props he is, and which are more than well deserved. Just don’t make your content too good. Otherwise you’re going to get a call from some team in the league offering you a job as a video analyst. That’s how Spoelstra started out. And, yes. I know. Spo had tons of connections because of his dad.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

Last edited by GoldenThroat on Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:

Lowest Merion wrote:
It’s so refreshing to see GT getting all the props he is, and which are more than well deserved. Just don’t make your content too good. Otherwise you’re going to get a call from some team in the league offering you a job as a video analyst. That’s how Spoelstra started out. And, yes. I know. Spo had tons of connections because of his dad.

As long as I've known GT, I can't imagine him sitting in some cramped office space taking orders from management where he has to basically say "yes sir, no sir."
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Link is broken here, but I could watch on FB&G. Great vid again; if I had to give Lonzo just one task for the offseason would be getting better at driving and finishing at the rim. It will have more effect on his game than 3pt shooting.

Looking forward for a video of how good Lonzo is on defense.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Really, really good video.

Lonzo can feel good about gaining respect now for his 3 point shooting. He just has to adjust to the adjustments. Also, thought the same about Ingram coming back. He garners attention from the defense which will only help Lonzo.

He will have to modify mechanics this summer if he wants long-term success.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Fantastic vid GT.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Good stuff, GT. Nice to hear actual analysis.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
This is the type of laser focused stuff that nobody else does. Well, certainly not as succinctly or IMO, as effectively. And that separates you well from the pack.
Totally AGREE!
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject:

Excellent stuff GT!
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

Podcast: Lonzo's Struggles

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/lonzos-struggles
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

enjoyed the podcast as usual....agreed with a lot during the first half. More specifically related to Lonzo's struggles having a foundation in the elementary elements of the game. I see a guy with such a high level of talent/ability....and even more so raw feel for the game, that he has been able to succeed at the highest levels while skipping over some of the basic skills the average joe learns through repetitive drills when young.

It kind of makes sense....Lavar was mostly in control of Lonzo's development, and nobody skips traditional steps like Lavar! I mean this is the same guy that started a shoe company built on his son's basketball abilities before any of them had received a single paycheck for playing basketball. GT spoke about Lonzo's struggles with simpler elements of the game such as being able to come to a controlled jump stop, maintain good balance then making a basketball play. Who among us does not remember doing "stupid" drills that worked on this as a kid all the way up through high school. If you were like me, you found them so boring, and just wanted to "hoop". Lonzo has a very average handle, which never made sense to me, but did he ever have to spend entire practices doing dribbling drills? Did he ever have to keep his dominant hand in his pocket for an entire practice (while his friends snickered and laughed in the background). I do not know any of this for sure, but he definitely lacks some elementary skills for 5 Star Prospect level player, and it would make sense that Lavar and his overall lack of knowledge about the game could have had him focusing on the elements of the game he felt was important.

I did differ in opinion about how those weaknesses effect his game in comparison to his peers....only in that I do not know how easy or difficult it is for someone at his age to go back and develop those basics.....not questioning it....just I really have no idea. If he is unable to obtain and improve in those areas, I fear the scouting reports will eventually almost eliminate his offensive effectiveness.

You guys also referred to him as an elite passer and defender.....and I disagree with both descriptions. In regards to defense, I think he has shown to be an intelligent defender with good instincts. He plays good team defense....has a good feel for when to help, and how much space to give a ball handler to make it more difficult to get past him. That being said, I think elite NBA defenders have the ability to make their match up uncomfortable and unsure.....and I have not seen that from Ball, nor do I think he likely has the functional athleticism or technique to get to that level.

In regards to passing....again I think he has great court vision and is a good passer. He makes smart passes, is decisive and puts the ball in good spots, but I have not seen the elite passing ability that a player such as Lebron or Chris Paul exhibit which more resembles the type of special passer Magic was when he played. Lebron, like Magic has the ability to throw bullets with either hand and skid one hoppers 50' and land perfectly waste high in a slashers hands. Even Trae Young has shown an elite passing ability that I do not see from Ball.

Finally in regards to his free throws....the one thing I noticed is often he has no routine at the line....nothing that is repetitive. In one game recently, I noticed the ref tossed him the ball, and he just grabbed it and seemingly tosses it at the rim.....in the same manner one may do at the carnival when trying to toss the ring onto one of the bottle tops. When I am at a fair/carnival and the guy hands me my 5 or 10 rings...I look out at the 100 or so jugs and just let them fly....because I know I have no skill at this game and any success will be luck. I have noticed when Jevon Carter (West Virginia) shoots technical free throws, he literally shoots the first one then steps up to the right and left smacking hands with imaginary teammates.....and then sticking his hands behind his back to slap hands with the imaginary guard not lined up in the lane. The point is his routine is exact every time he shoots a free throw, even when he has to pretend the situation is the same. I do not understand why Ball seems to have zero routine at the line....no 2 bounces, spin the ball...nothing.

Also, Bunny Colvin?....and why the Stringer Bell hate?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 56 of 93
Jump to: