The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1366, 1367, 1368 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject:

Nice game again. Give this man a cookie. Ops I mean contract.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:06 am    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Letting him walk in RFA is simply not an option. I don't know if he's a starting center, or a 6th man big in the mold of Odom in those championship years. But he's a damn good player. It's a shame he can't shoot.

Only if you only measure shooting from the arc. His FT% is respectable, and he can hit from the elbow in. More importantly, from anywhere in the key it is increasingly necessary to double him. I don't care if he can shoot threes.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject:

As much as I love his improvement, it's hard to ignore the turnovers. Too often I check his box score and see near equal assists and turnovers and it's not really getting better. I think it's the most important aspect of his game he needs to work on, even moreso than a jumpshot.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:53 am    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
dao wrote:
Letting him walk in RFA is simply not an option. I don't know if he's a starting center, or a 6th man big in the mold of Odom in those championship years. But he's a damn good player. It's a shame he can't shoot.

Only if you only measure shooting from the arc. His FT% is respectable, and he can hit from the elbow in. More importantly, from anywhere in the key it is increasingly necessary to double him. I don't care if he can shoot threes.

I don't care about threes either he's great at doing what he does Nobody in the league plays bully ball more effectively than Jules he has much improved on the stupid turnovers he used to do and gotten better passing out of the double teams.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:04 am    Post subject:

The only thing JR needs to work on is not holding the ball for so long (in terms of power dribbling and stationary post ups) and inviting double and triple teams (which is when he gets in trouble). I think Luke can help with this by making sure there is a shooter at the wing on the opposite side of the court from his post (to keep the D honest). I have noticed there is nobody there on numerous occasions.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject:

Really proud of this kid...

Nice to see one of our own develop this way.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

I loved JR. Then soured on him after last year.

Hes completely won me over.

You have to bring him back no matter what.

If we can add Paul George next year, I love our team w/ George, Lonzo, Ingram, Randle, Kuz, Hart plus the new picks plus Zu and Bryant too.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:

One thing I've noticed about JR is that even when he's on the bench, he is engaged a lot more and shown more emotion. I think he believes he is here to stay.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
dao wrote:

I don't care about threes either he's great at doing what he does Nobody in the league plays bully ball more effectively than Jules he has much improved on the stupid turnovers he used to do and gotten better passing out of the double teams.

Yeah me neither on his 3ball. He can extend his range later on beyond the arc when he’s comfortable with his midrange. I think having that jumper will make it difficult to guard him like Zbo who can create and make plays.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

He looked like mini Shaq last night just powering his way thru Portland's defenders. He's now learned how to utilize his incredible power advantage along with his quick first step without getting the offensive foul. I've also been impressed with some of his counter moves lately in the paint.

If this kid gets a 3pt shot, we might be looking at a perennial all star. He'd be unguardable.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

why didnt we feed him late in 4th ? he would have fouled out the whole team
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

Is there anyone remaining that is against keeping Jules?

I think even some of the more vocal critics have been turned due to his stellar play this year.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

Megaton wrote:
epak wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Capt.Skyhook wrote:
In Luke's defense, Randle needed a rest, but he should have pulled IT earlier. He was throwing up garbage.

Randle was out from 3 min left in the 3rd to 6 min left in the 4th.

That’s Byron style coaching right there.

Lakers were still up 93-85 when Julius came in.
I think coach wanted to close out with Julius.

You can close with Julius with him coming earlier too. 2-3 more minutes wouldn’t kill anyone but the Blazers as they had no answer for him all night.

Yup! Walton (bleep) up last night. Left IT in too long and kept Randle out too long. Once Portland regained momentum JR should have been put back in the game.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I think even some of the more vocal critics have been turned due to his stellar play this year.

Keep him all the way. He's a lifelong laker fan and should be a lifelong laker. We need guys that bleed purple and gold. He is one of the good guys. Someone was mentioning in another thread that the guys in the locker room seem together and the chemistry is great.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Keep him all the way. He's a lifelong laker fan and should be a lifelong laker. We need guys that bleed purple and gold. He is one of the good guys. Someone was mentioning in another thread that the guys in the locker room seem together and the chemistry is great.

I'm still traumatized the night he got injured in his first game. I was very distraught for a few days.

I'm a total believer in him now and I think he will be a part of the parade down Figueroa one day.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject:

He has taken his game to a new level during the last 20 games or so.

He constantly draws the double team which opens up the outside shooting which for the team which has greatly improved lately.

He is a keeper and has been our best play and do far he is always available which you can't say about BI or Ball.

I think we are just seeing the beginning of JR improvement and we will see him BI and Ball all make major leaps next year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

"WORST" case scenario is we keep Lonzo/BI/Jules/Hart/Kuz going forward. That's literally the worst possible scenario.

Hats off to the FO, and I was dubious a bit at first. Now, just keep Jules please.
Daiei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:

Luke is a dumb ass.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
"WORST" case scenario is we keep Lonzo/BI/Jules/Hart/Kuz going forward. That's literally the worst possible scenario.

Hats off to the FO, and I was dubious a bit at first. Now, just keep Jules please.

That’s a strong core in 3 years. And FO puts us in a position where we could get some help. After 3 years, those will be in their prime or entering theirs. Hart and Kuz are going to be solid role players at worst. If we can get rid of Deng with a couple of first then they totally clean up someone mess. Worst case scenario, buy out Deng and stretch him out. A little dent in our cap but that’s the way to move on.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Yes sir!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:

IT decided to do his 4th quarter thing to horrible effect.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Nope. I'm on-board. I always thought he was talented but hated his game because he often played OOC and rarely helped on defense. Those weren't talent issues they were mental and maturity issues but he's shown a lot of progress in those areas this season.

Hopefully, these aren't contract year performances but that's always a risk with any player. He's earned the opportunity to be part of this team's future.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

JR is getting the shaq "non-call" treatment now, which is extremely annoying. Just because he is physically stronger and makes a quick move doesnt mean he's NOT getting hacked every time he goes up for the lefty layup. I feel he get's hammered on most of those strong moves. Granted, he's imposing his strength on the defender but it's not his fault he can move guys around like shaq did. A foul is still a foul and it shouldnt be called differently just because a guy like IT would be getting thrown 10 feet after the hack.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject:

If we dont keep him. Im gonna kill myself.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1366, 1367, 1368 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1367 of 1536
Jump to: