The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1367, 1368, 1369 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
As much as I love his improvement, it's hard to ignore the turnovers. Too often I check his box score and see near equal assists and turnovers and it's not really getting better. I think it's the most important aspect of his game he needs to work on, even moreso than a jumpshot.
agreed. He's still mistake prone. Too many turnovers, offensive fouls etc. He holds the ball too much at times. But his positives outweigh his negatives due to his physical gifts. Hopefully the mental aspects of the game continue to improve.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Is there anyone remaining that is against keeping Jules?

I think even some of the more vocal critics have been turned due to his stellar play this year.
I still think it depends on what sort of offers he gets. If Dallas offers him the max for example, I doubt the Lakers would match that. I think they'll try to retain Randle at a price that doesn't interfere with the two max plan.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject:

An FO that lets Randle walk for free is a (bleep) FO.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject:

I am going to be upset if we don't keep him now. Kudos to you Julius- you made me a believer!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think even some of the more vocal critics have been turned due to his stellar play this year.
I still think it depends on what sort of offers he gets. If Dallas offers him the max for example, I doubt the Lakers would match that. I think they'll try to retain Randle at a price that doesn't interfere with the two max plan.

Dallas has about 14m in cap space IIRC. They have Powell who is an analytical darling at PF. They will likely draft a PF or a big man. They like Barnes at Pf and have that dirk guy still. I don’t understand why they would give him a 25m max.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Dallas has about 14m in cap space IIRC. They have Powell who is an analytical darling at PF. They will likely draft a PF or a big man. They like Barnes at Pf and have that dirk guy still. I don’t understand why they would give him a 25m max.

Dallas can make room for 29 million if they renounce their players, which can easily happen.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Julius + LeBron will be such an incredible tandem. PG and BI on wings. Lonzo "running the point". Kuzma + Hart as major rotation players. Lopez as the starting C... get ready folks.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Julius + LeBron will be such an incredible tandem. PG and BI on wings. Lonzo "running the point". Kuzma + Hart as major rotation players. Lopez as the starting C... get ready folks.

I think starting five in that scenario would be

Ball
George
Ingram
James
Randle

With bench:

A vet PG
Hart
Ring chaser SF
Kuzma
Lopez
1st rd pick
Zubac
Bryant

That starting lineup would be killer on defense too.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Dallas can make room for 29 million if they renounce their players, which can easily happen.

So their entire plan is to renounce players to add what would likely be a 5th big man between dirk, draft pick, Powell, and Barnes and pay jules a 25m max knowing he’s a RFA?
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
2019 wrote:

Ball
George
Ingram
James
Randle

With bench:

A vet PG
Hart
Ring chaser SF
Kuzma
Lopez
1st rd pick
Zubac
Bryant

I like ur starting 5. run and gun .. my god.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

So their entire plan is to renounce players to add what would likely be a 5th big man between dirk, draft pick, Powell, and Barnes and pay jules a 25m max knowing he’s a RFA?

Agreed. A front office would be nuts to gut their team for a shot to overpay another big man on their team. I just don’t see it especially if they draft a big (likely).
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Randle has been breaking out. It's not even just playing well anymore. He's a serious player. I think it not only makes LA more likely to match just about any offers, I think it makes it less likely a competing offer comes in. Dallas isn't going to want to watch their cap room languish for the busiest 48 hours of free agency only to watch LA match.

I could see Sacramento putting in a serious bid though. Radavine was said to like Randle when they were discussing a deal for Boogie
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Agreed. A front office would be nuts to gut their team for a shot to overpay another big man on their team. I just don’t see it especially if they draft a big (likely).

They don't have much of a team outside of DSJ, Barnes, and the draft pick. Dirk is gone after next year. They can still offer 18 million and keep whatever pieces they want. They are going to tank next year as well.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Randle has been breaking out. It's not even just playing well anymore. He's a serious player. I think it not only makes LA more likely to match just about any offers, I think it makes it less likely a competing offer comes in. Dallas isn't going to want to watch their cap room languish for the busiest 48 hours of free agency only to watch LA match.

I could see Sacramento putting in a serious bid though. Radavine was said to like Randle when they were discussing a deal for Boogie

Yup. It’s a waste of time to go after jules now. We will make a way to keep him at all costs
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

They don't have much of a team outside of DSJ, Barnes, and the draft pick. Dirk is gone after next year. They can still offer 18 million and keep whatever pieces they want. They are going to tank next year as well.

I’d match for 18M if Dallas offered that.

Powell is actually a really good player and I think Dallas has finally realized that and they have been starting him. His O and D rating along with pretty much all his advanced stats scream a very good player. He’s from the same class as Julius and he’s also starting to realize his potential. Dallas could look to possibly pay their own guy with their cap space.

McDermott is also a restricted free agent that’s been playing well but I don’t think he’s that high on their priority list. Who knows though since they traded for him.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
If we dont keep him. Im gonna kill myself.

An honorable death. 😂😂😂
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I’d match for 18M if Dallas offered that.

Powell is actually a really good player and I think Dallas has finally realized that and they have been starting him. His O and D rating along with pretty much all his advanced stats scream a very good player. He’s from the same class as Julius and he’s also starting to realize his potential. Dallas could look to possibly pay their own guy with their cap space.

McDermott is also a restricted free agent that’s been playing well but I don’t think he’s that high on their priority list. Who knows though since they traded for him.

If I were Dallas, Powell is the a no brainier. If I were the Lakers, Randle is worth it if he promises to keep working on the jumper and maybe a fade away.

The 18 millions is a steep price though...13m/4yrs to start, 15.5 max for me.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Is Randle the 2nd best player out of 2014 draft after Embiid? (Wiggins? Parker? Smart? Gordon? Lavine? Nurkic?)
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Is Randle the 2nd best player out of 2014 draft after Embiid? (Wiggins? Parker? Smart? Gordon? Lavine? Nurkic?)

Probably Jokic. He is probably 3rd at this point and could get better.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
governator wrote:

Probably Jokic. He is probably 3rd at this point and could get better.

Embiid and Jokic are in a tier by themselves out of that draft. After that, I'd group Wiggins, Parker (ignoring injuries, which admittedly is tough w/ him), Gordon, Gary Harris, and Julius in that 2nd tier.

I think Julius definitely has a chance to end up the best player out of that second tier.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there's not much of a market for Julius and that we can get him for something like 4/60, or maybe even cheaper. That would be a STEAL.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
2019 wrote:

Ball
George
Ingram
James
Randle

With bench:

A vet PG
Hart
Ring chaser SF
Kuzma
Lopez
1st rd pick
Zubac
Bryant

I still don't see Randle as a full time starting C but I guess it doesn't matter a whole lot. That's a good problem to have.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject:

In that lineup it won’t matter since you’ve got five guys who can cover three or more positions.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:47 am    Post subject:

I'm sure they boyz and all, but worth mentioning that on Sunday Randle gonna play against the guy who started over him most of the year. He wasn't too happy about that neither. I wonder if he's going to try to make a statement.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

ESPN came out with another top 25 under 25 list. Kuzma was 23... Randle wasn't on the list. They are relatively the same age. People don't get that Randle has arguably been our best player this year. He continues to be underrated. I hope that continues into the summer so we can keep him on a below market deal.

Randle was put into the starting lineup against the Clippers on 12/29/17 and has been in it since. Since then, as a starter, he's averaged 29 MPG, 18.1 PPG (56.6%), 8.9 RPG and 3.2 APG, while arguably being our best defender and helping the Lakers achieve a 17-13 record. If we kept up that same pace for an entire season, we'd win 46-47 games.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1367, 1368, 1369 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1368 of 1536
Jump to: