It's official: The Lakers no longer suck.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:

chazz wrote:
Drifts wrote:
you do realize that the Lakers are 11th in the West... 11th.

If you haven't seen a totally different type of Laker basketball the last month where they are finally gelling.....Then I do not know what you are watching because its not this team that is beating the Spurs on the road with Hart and BI out and Ennis technically out because he sucks...They are looking soooo strong!!

yeah we beat the Spurs who didn't have Aldridge, no Leonard, led by a slew of old vets and role players...

I love winning... but to declare we no longer suck prematurely is a little bit over the top.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
Drifts wrote:

What? You think only the top teams don't suck? Is there a cutoff for suckage? Clearly, it's gonna take time for it to become evident in the standings. This isn't about standings. It's about how they're playing and their trajectory going forward. You have to stop sucking BEFORE you start climbing up the ladder.

let's climb the ladder first before declaring we don't suck... we are not even a 0.500 team yet.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
chazz wrote:
Drifts wrote:

If you haven't seen a totally different type of Laker basketball the last month where they are finally gelling.....Then I do not know what you are watching because its not this team that is beating the Spurs on the road with Hart and BI out and Ennis technically out because he sucks...They are looking soooo strong!!

yeah we beat the Spurs who didn't have Aldridge, no Leonard, led by a slew of old vets and role players...

I love winning... but to declare we no longer suck prematurely is a little bit over the top.

We have somewhere around top 6th records in 2018, we do not suck
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Just came in here to say Suck it Byron!

Lol seriously.

Byron was our version of The Process. He is the Popovic of Tank Comanders. Ryan Kelly as a starting Small Forward. Ronnie Price a starting Point. An offense that featured Jordan Hill mid-range. Good times

B-b-b-b-b-but Jordan Hill was shooting a thousand jumpers per day!
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Forget the record, look at all of the underlying metrics for the team. This was the youngest team in the league pre-trade and many of the numbers were middle of the road, which considering where they were last season(s), is a damn good improvement from being in the bottom 3 in most statistical categories every season.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Wino wrote:
This win against the Spurs was a very nice win for us. I kept hearing that the Spurs were without Aldridge and Kawhi, but dang, we were without BI and Hart.

The Spurs have their system down and all the players know how to play it. They know their system better than we know our system. Plus, they are fighting for playoff positioning and need to win.

Good win for us because of all that. This team, as it is, will be in the playoffs next year for sure. I think we come in second place in our division. If we get the right two stars and manage to keep our core five. We will push the Warriors.

Mitch and Jim NEVER had us in such a good position.

Yeah, winning those titles really sucked. You can’t revise the truth, you can just continue to look pathetic trying to do so.

I am talking about the years after Jim took over. Their lack of vision is mostly on Jim. The rings were still with Jerry in the picture.
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
17-7 in last 24....I think it's safe to say that!
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Hell ya man! All I want is a team that has a chance to win every night when I get home from work. Last few years have been by far the hardest. It feels good man
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
Hell ya man! All I want is a team that has a chance to win every night when I get home from work. Last few years have been by far the hardest. It feels good man

Still want to win rings but understand the journey. It's just been one hell of a long journey. We finally are on a path that has potential after being at our lowest point in our history.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
chazz wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Drifts you know that it's not because we beat the Spurs who are injured and reeling...and you know that bro.

And you know it's because...

Our D is the best it's been since the last championship.
Our O is the best it's been since the last championship.
We just won 4 consecutive roadies after playing 15 of our last 17 on the road.
We just won back to back games after losing 2 starters of our own in back to back games.
We've won more games this season than we have since 2012-13...THAT'S 4 SEASONS OF SUCKITUDE DUDE...and we've won them because the kids are leading us to wins...Props to Jules, BI, Zo, and Kuz and Hart.
Without a doubt this the BEST basketball we've played since pre-Dwightmare and if you can't see that then with your high level acumen, I would contend...you're TV is on the fritz or your eyeballs said peace out.

And I almost forgot...We helps Kobe win an Oscar too...I'm not sure how just yet...but we did help somehow.

#BannersOverBillboards

Last edited by CervantesRises on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Tanlentueux wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
17-7 in last 24....I think it's safe to say that!

17-10 since Jan 1 and should have been 19-8 save for dumb losses to Orlando and Dallas. Would like to see us rip off at least 3 more wins in a row on this streak to get us to 20-10.

Any team that can go 20-10 with 17 of the 30 games being on the road...Does...Not...Suck.

#BannersOverBillboards
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, until the Lakers rid themselves of Deng, they will kinda suck...officially or unofficially speaking...!
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Sorry, until the Lakers rid themselves of Deng, they will kinda suck...officially or unofficially speaking...!

In today's nba, isn't Deng just a medium sized contract. I mean Clarkson almost gets as much and Randle is going to get a similiar contract give or take a few mil.

Heck, KCP makes the same salary!.

I really think it could be moved with a draft pick in the teens (cavs pick if they keep on losing) plus a high 2nd rounder. But maybe I'm being overly optimistic. I think we had a lot of trouble moving it this year because there was still 3 years on the deal and teams knew that we needed to clear room for the 2 max. So we got low balled. Now that the 2 max problem is out of the way and that Deng would have 2 years left on the deal, things might be different.

PS: we might have to move the 1st rounder anyways if we want to keep randle plus the 2 max, the cap hold from the cavs pick if it is low enough would prevent us from getting all 3.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

I am actually excited to watch games right now. That last road trip was amazing. Monday's game was a tough loss but we never quit even though we went down 14 points at one point in the game. Hopefully they can keep this level of play up for the remainder of the season.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Easily the best we have looked in the last 4 years. It's too bad BI and Hart are out though. It's gonna be tough to keep it going without those 2. I really would like to see us finish these last 19 games at 12-7.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

In today's nba, isn't Deng just a medium sized contract. I mean Clarkson almost gets as much and Randle is going to get a similiar contract give or take a few mil.

Heck, KCP makes the same salary!.

I really think it could be moved with a draft pick in the teens (cavs pick if they keep on losing) plus a high 2nd rounder. But maybe I'm being overly optimistic. I think we had a lot of trouble moving it this year because there was still 3 years on the deal and teams knew that we needed to clear room for the 2 max. So we got low balled. Now that the 2 max problem is out of the way and that Deng would have 2 years left on the deal, things might be different.

PS: we might have to move the 1st rounder anyways if we want to keep randle plus the 2 max, the cap hold from the cavs pick if it is low enough would prevent us from getting all 3.

They can’t really trade the pick with Deng because no team (I think) will have the space for Deng until July 1st, after the draft is over.

Unless they’re in love with a guy, they need to trade that pick for another pick in 2019 or 2020.

In retrospect, they would’ve been better served holding on to Nance Jr. and in turn allowing the Cavs to keep their pick. It’s kind of no good to the Lakers if they can’t package it with Deng.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

Still want to win rings but understand the journey. It's just been one hell of a long journey. We finally are on a path that has potential after being at our lowest point in our history.

Not really compared to most teams not named the Spurs. You could be Knicks fan, they have not won a playoff series since the year 2000. How many years were the Warriors terrible before this recent run?

I mean we won a title this decade. If not for extending Kobe we could have bottomed out sooner and likely be a low playoff seed by now.

But all things considered we have only been really bad for 4 years. The way the NBA works now is you have to tank really hard for the lotto picks, then hope you hit with good players and keep and develop your young talent. If you don't tank hard and or trade away your young talent too soon you will be stuck in purgatory like the Knicks have been.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: