Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 526, 527, 528 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject:

There was zero out of bounds play drawn up on that last play. Zero!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Aw, I missed u guys the previous 5 games.
I needed something to go with my cheese.

The harsh slap of the trap springing when the bait is put out there?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

Knew this thread would be rocking tonight. As usual, he takes the blame when we lose but some will never give him credit for the wins. IT/Dame lost us the game, with some help from lackadaisical play and up and down energy from most of the team throughout (first game back home after a road trip, and a successful one at that, short-handed, it's not entirely surprising). Nothing much else to see here.

He gets deserved props during wins but also deserved flack during losses. And the mistakes in losses just so happen to be larger than the positives in wins.

Let's not forget it took a team meeting to get him to start playing our best player more than 18 minutes a game

Nah...lol. There’s a number of folks on the last two pages of this thread who criticized him harshly earlier when the team was losing, but they were no where to be found for over a month now while the team was playing so well. Now they’ve magically reappeared

But this isn’t new. People do the same exact thing against players they don’t like. When Russell was on the team they’d bash him relentlessly when he played badly, but if he had a string of really good games they’d vanish until his next bad game. Same thing with Randle during his first two years. It’s unfortunate, but this is just how a lot of people are. It’s by design, not coincidence.

Third best record in the league since the new year, but apparently a team can sustain that level of play for such a long time with an awful head coach and a gang of his drinking buddies

Luke is by no means a perfect coach. Perfect coaches do not exist. He is, however, a good coach with the potential to become one of the best coaches in the league. First year Luke showed intriguing flashes and second year Luke made a huge leap. I’m excited to see the third year version of him, especially with two max free agents, third year Ingram, and a team with championship aspirations. Look out.

Last edited by Judah on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject:

He is definitely getting better as a coach, I'll give you that. But I don't think he is a good coach right now, and doubt he will become one of the best coaches in the league. He has struggled with substitutions since his tenure as the golden state interim coach.

He's really good at getting the team to play hard. He's also improved team defense and communication. And going by gt's videos, the offense.

But if it's gonna take him half a season every year to find a lineup that works, and still not adjust ingame when certain matchups are killing us, he'll not become a great coach. Good maybe, but not great.

And I understand the frustration with posters who only show up when there is negativity. I hope I'm not one of these when it comes to this thread. It's just that I find myself frustrated by luke even in games where we win.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject:

My only criticism of Luke comes in the form of his timeout management. We were left with 2 timeouts left for the game with like 5 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. Drives me crazy when he uses up so many timeouts in a span of like 5 minutes
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
He is definitely getting better as a coach, I'll give you that. But I don't think he is a good coach right now, and doubt he will become one of the best coaches in the league. He has struggled with substitutions since his tenure as the golden state interim coach.

He's really good at getting the team to play hard. He's also improved team defense and communication. And going by gt's videos, the offense.

But if it's gonna take him half a season every year to find a lineup that works, and still not adjust ingame when certain matchups are killing us, he'll not become a great coach. Good maybe, but not great.

And I understand the frustration with posters who only show up when there is negativity. I hope I'm not one of these when it comes to this thread. It's just that I find myself frustrated by luke even in games where we win.

He’s the coach of the lakers for the foreseeable future, even if the team wins 35 or less at the end. He’s earning that and that not going to change unless Lebron wants it so apparently. But your description of Luke is tomlinesque in many ways, great motivator and he’s teaching fundamentals but is poor at in game adjustments, stubborn with lineups, and suspect at strategizing. The bright side is the young guns have become pretty good, and like I said in another thread, they win this game with Ingram. These guys are making Luke look good,
chipotleattack
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject:

I think his biggest mistake was taking Brook out with under a minute to go. Portland got 2 offensive boards when we should have secured the ball. Randle guarding Nurkic was not smart.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:23 am    Post subject:

Too much of Ennis. Everything else was good. So happy to see good plays after time out. Its hard with short rotations to keep composure. Luke is doing good job.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

I will say though after these last couple months I'm willing to give Luke one more season.
sogood.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Dude needs to better manage his timeouts. Midway through the third and we only have 2 left. Could've cooled off Lillard in the fourth when he was going off but couldn't.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

Knew this thread would be rocking tonight. As usual, he takes the blame when we lose but some will never give him credit for the wins. IT/Dame lost us the game, with some help from lackadaisical play and up and down energy from most of the team throughout (first game back home after a road trip, and a successful one at that, short-handed, it's not entirely surprising). Nothing much else to see here.

He gets deserved props during wins but also deserved flack during losses. And the mistakes in losses just so happen to be larger than the positives in wins.

Let's not forget it took a team meeting to get him to start playing our best player more than 18 minutes a game

Nah...lol. There’s a number of folks on the last two pages of this thread who criticized him harshly earlier when the team was losing, but they were no where to be found for over a month now while the team was playing so well. Now they’ve magically reappeared

But this isn’t new. People do the same exact thing against players they don’t like. When Russell was on the team they’d bash him relentlessly when he played badly, but if he had a string of really good games they’d vanish until his next bad game. Same thing with Randle during his first two years. It’s unfortunate, but this is just how a lot of people are. It’s by design, not coincidence.

Third best record in the league since the new year, but apparently a team can sustain that level of play for such a long time with an awful head coach and a gang of his drinking buddies

Luke is by no means a perfect coach. Perfect coaches do not exist. He is, however, a good coach with the potential to become one of the best coaches in the league. First year Luke showed intriguing flashes and second year Luke made a huge leap. I’m excited to see the third year version of him, especially with two max free agents, third year Ingram, and a team with championship aspirations. Look out.

Everything @Judah said. Ditto.

ZOOM!!!!!!
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Glad we won, but I am as pissed you can be after a win. WTF were those rotations at the end.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Glad we won, but I am as pissed you can be after a win. WTF were those rotations at the end.

Can you be more specific? If you’re referring to Randle being on the bench, it was probably because he wasn’t playing particularly well defensively.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Like I said in the game day thread, Luke almost cost us the game, by keeping randle on the bench.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject:

He needs to rein in IT. Second game where his scattershot method of offense was a disaster late.

Last edited by greenfrog on Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject:

chipotleattack wrote:
I think his biggest mistake was taking Brook out with under a minute to go. Portland got 2 offensive boards when we should have secured the ball. Randle guarding Nurkic was not smart.

Brook can box out when he wants to, but he doesn’t board at all. He’s almost as awful as Hibbert. Even tonight he had a grand total of...0. That’s just inexcusable no matter how you slice it.

Last edited by Judah on Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Could we all even wrong about Luke? Has he improved? Why am I not mad at his line ups now? I need someone with real basketball knowledge to help me process all this.

No you (bleep) idiot! Luke hasn't learned a damn thing. Two games in a row, IT over Randle. I'm all about giving dude a fair chance, but how about giving your own player who's one of our best and in his contract year a chance?

Then again, since I'm responding to myself I might as well play Devil's Advocate too. Would Julius make that go ahead shot or the two free throws that Lopez made? 🤔
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Like I said in the game day thread, Luke almost cost us the game, by keeping randle on the bench.

I would never criticize a coach for following through on disciplinary actions but I would if he let the situation caused him to abandon that discipline.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
chipotleattack wrote:

Brook can box out when he wants to, but he doesn’t board at all. He’s almost as awful as Hibbert. Even tonight he had a grand total of...0. That’s just inexcusable no matter how you slice it.

He set a record tonight.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
He needs to rein in IT. Second game where his scattershot method of offense was a disaster late.

Agreed. This hero ball crap help caused the chokejob. Luke should NOT tolerate that (bleep) for a second.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

I wished ju was out there but he was way to caught up in the matchup with Gordon versus team concept
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

I wished ju was out there but he was way to caught up in the matchup with Gordon versus team concept

Yeah, Gordon was eating him alive and he seemed way too concerned with that individual matchup.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:

For the record, Luke said Randle is sick.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
For the record, Luke said Randle is sick.

Yep.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

Randle was sick.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 526, 527, 528 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 527 of 818
Jump to: