OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 999, 1000, 1001 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Actually, try splitting 16 minutes each at sf for Deng, Wear, and Kuzma.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject:

more general basketball discussion .
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Get well soon. thanks
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
epak wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
When it was Kobe I'd always assume he'd play... with BI and Zo, I simply assume they will play at the latest possible date.

Still love both of them but they are new school and skinny.

To be fair, Kobe was not human.

I get that Kobe went too far... but I've never been proven wrong in my mind when I guessed they'd come back later than expected.

I'm old school... I've worked years where I'd work 363 days and take off only Christmas and Thanksgiving. The only reason I post so much right now is because I'm taking care of my dad.

Kids these days seem to have less tolerance for adversity.

While the stuff of legends, Kobe's insanity was detrimental both to himself and sometimes to the team. How many times did we both marvel at him playing with broken fingers and then grimace when he'd have a terrible shooting night because of it?

Teams and players now realize that old school mentality doesn't do anyone any favors. Rushing back for inconsequential games can lead to recurring injuries, or long term damage. Playoffs? Sure, pull out the heroics. Regular season? Nah, rest the guy and let him heal properly.

These decisions are made with better training science, better rehab science, and better analytics than the old days of Vitti just slapping some tape on it and throwing a guy back out there. And I'm guessing that science all points in the direction of giving a guy a few extra weeks of recuperation probably leads to him more effective for a longer period of time in his career than rushing it and playing with a partially healed injury.

Rest and recuperation is nothing new. We've known of its necessity since basically forever. Some guys just don't give a s*** and will play through it.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
epak wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
When it was Kobe I'd always assume he'd play... with BI and Zo, I simply assume they will play at the latest possible date.

Still love both of them but they are new school and skinny.

To be fair, Kobe was not human.

I get that Kobe went too far... but I've never been proven wrong in my mind when I guessed they'd come back later than expected.

I'm old school... I've worked years where I'd work 363 days and take off only Christmas and Thanksgiving. The only reason I post so much right now is because I'm taking care of my dad.

Kids these days seem to have less tolerance for adversity.

Yeah, they wear shoes, no snow, and it’s only uphill one way, amirite?
L.A.T.W
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:33 am    Post subject:

JamezAmp wrote:
Glad its only a strain. Just gotta rest and not push too much

Just sucks that this happened while we were playing so well & making a late playoff push but I agree. Hope he heals & returns to that great level of play.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:04 am    Post subject:

Important professional take on groin injuries that you all need to see.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject:

Wow.

Quote:
Not only does Simmons not shoot well, he struggles to draw fouls on drives to the rim. Simmons has drawn 42 fouls and taken 398 field goal attempts on drives, per NBA.com’s Second Spectrum, for a ratio of nine shots per foul drawn — the equivalent of J.J. Barea. Ingram is at a more efficient five shots per foul drawn — the same as DeMar DeRozan. LeBron is also at five shots per foul drawn, and James Harden leads the league at three shots per foul drawn.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/3/5/17079390/draft-ben-simmons-brandon-ingram-dangelo-russell-emmanuel-mudiay-stanley-johnson-justise-winslow
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Wow.

Quote:
Not only does Simmons not shoot well, he struggles to draw fouls on drives to the rim. Simmons has drawn 42 fouls and taken 398 field goal attempts on drives, per NBA.com’s Second Spectrum, for a ratio of nine shots per foul drawn — the equivalent of J.J. Barea. Ingram is at a more efficient five shots per foul drawn — the same as DeMar DeRozan. LeBron is also at five shots per foul drawn, and James Harden leads the league at three shots per foul drawn.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/3/5/17079390/draft-ben-simmons-brandon-ingram-dangelo-russell-emmanuel-mudiay-stanley-johnson-justise-winslow

This is based off bball-ref, total fga/shooting fouls drawn:

DeMar Derozan (1114/184): 6.05 fga/sfd
James Harden (1129/213): 5.3 fga/sfd
Brandon Ingram (744/120): 6.2 fga/sfd
LeBron James (1190/176): 6.76 fga/sfd
Julius Randle (663/145): 4.57 fga/sfd
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Wow.

Quote:

This is based off bball-ref, total fga/shooting fouls drawn:

DeMar Derozan (1114/184): 6.05 fga/sfd
James Harden (1129/213): 5.3 fga/sfd
Brandon Ingram (744/120): 6.2 fga/sfd
LeBron James (1190/176): 6.76 fga/sfd
Julius Randle (663/145): 4.57 fga/sfd

Impressive. I guess my recent DRoz similarities comments was a reflection of this too.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, Kevin O'Connor (although a transplant from BOS), is very very high on Ball and Ingram. He refused to say if he thinks Ball or Ingram will be better, but he stands by his theory that Ingram might be better than Simmons someday.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Yeah, Kevin O'Connor (although a transplant from BOS), is very very high on Ball and Ingram. He refused to say if he thinks Ball or Ingram will be better, but he stands by his theory that Ingram might be better than Simmons someday.

Lol I dunno about that. Simmons to me has a higher ceiling because he’s more athletic . It would be a bigger problem if he can develop his jumpshot.
Lakers4Life33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

O'Connor reluctantly chose Lonzo over Ingram, and he for sure chose Ingram over Ball. Therefore he likes both of them of Simmons, which is my personal view as well.

K.O.C is one of the only non-biased analysts left
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Lakers4Life33 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

O'Connor reluctantly chose Lonzo over Ingram, and he for sure chose Ingram over Ball.

Makes sense to me
Lakers4Life33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Lakers4Life33 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

O'Connor reluctantly chose Lonzo over Ingram, and he for sure chose Ingram over Ball.

Makes sense to me

Lol oops
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Lakers4Life33 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

O'Connor reluctantly chose Lonzo over Ingram, and he for sure chose Ingram over Ball. Therefore he likes both of them of Simmons, which is my personal view as well.

K.O.C is one of the only non-biased analysts left

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Lakers4Life33 wrote:

Translation: He chose Lonzo over Ingram. And he chose Ingram over Simmons. Therefore, he likes both Lonzo and Ingram over Simmons.

Am I right? What did I win?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Billy Mac said during the game that he's not close to returning.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

He wasn’t reporting when he said that, though. He was making sure fans understood that BI will be re-evaluated in a week, not that he’s guaranteed to return in a week.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

He wasn’t reporting when he said that, though. He was making sure fans understood that BI will be re-evaluated in a week, not that he’s guaranteed to return in a week.

It was confusing. It was like half reporting / half timeline clarification. But he straight up said he's not close. Still confusing
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Billy Mac just refuting reports from the 1 week time table
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Judah wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

It was confusing. It was like half reporting / half timeline clarification. But he straight up said he's not close. Still confusing

Right. I get the confusion. The way he said it was just a little weird, if not reckless. And that was surprising to me because he usually seems to be pretty careful with the way he words things. But the very next thing he said after saying that BI “isn’t close” to coming back is that he’s only going to be re-evaluated in a week, as opposed to being back. I think he was attempting to clarify the situation because a lot of times people will misinterpret reports like the one we got about BI a few days ago. They read that and think, ‘Oh, okay. So BI will be back Tuesday against DEN,’ lol.

But I do hope he makes some progress the next few days and is ready to go by then. If not....sigh.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Efff you Justice Winslow.

Hoping for a miracle and BI returns soon.

Nuggets Cleveland Nuggets.

This will either make it or break it playoff chase wise
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject:

I heard tonight that they're expecting this to be about a 2 week injury. Maybe a little shorter, maybe a little longer, but that about 2 weeks was the median. Won't know anything for sure until he's re-evaluated, but I thought you guys would like to know.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 999, 1000, 1001 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1000 of 1885
Jump to: