Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 527, 528, 529 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
He needs to rein in IT. Second game where his scattershot method of offense was a disaster late.

Agreed. This hero ball crap help caused the chokejob. Luke should NOT tolerate that (bleep) for a second.

Hero Ball......he had 6 assists in the 4Q!!
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Happy we got the win but I don't understand why we keep going to caldwell-pope in the fourth. He's not exactly a reliable shooter...
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject:

Weren't the Nets and Bulls supposed to have a better record than the Lakers?
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject:

I'm surprised, Luke went to Lopez down the stretch and abandoned the small ball lineup

there's a coach in houston probably shaking his head in disappointment and an ex coach somewhere in the wilderness nodding in approval
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Like I said in the game day thread, Luke almost cost us the game, by keeping randle on the bench.

Randle was sick.

He said randle was under the weather, but he was doing good. He was gonna put him back in, but the squad that was in was rolling - so he stuck with them.... And it almost cost us the game.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Like I said in the game day thread, Luke almost cost us the game, by keeping randle on the bench.

Randle was sick.

He said randle was under the weather, but he was doing good. He was gonna put him back in, but the squad that was in was rolling - so he stuck with them.... And it almost cost us the game.

If he took out the squad that was rolling people would complain anyway.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

Luke Walton deserves an Appreciation Thread. But screw it, I'll post in here.

With the injuries we've had this year, we have no business having the record we do. We are 6 games below .500. I know Lonzo has missed more than 6 games. Same with KCP. Same with Lopez. Ingram has missed 5 games. That's 4 of our 5 starters.

Right now I put Luke near the top of the mediocre coaches bracket.
I'd take Luke over Mike Malone, Scott Brooks, whoever is coaching Milwaukee, Stan Van Gundy. He's definitely a top 10 coach in the league. Which is promising considering his short head coaching career.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Randle was sick.

If he took out the squad that was rolling people would complain anyway.

Yea, we complain about a lot because we are passionate about the teams success and we feel we know better. In this situation, It was just putting randle back in, not changing the whole squad. Brook lopez did really good on offense, eventually won the game for us... him and the refs, but brook was playing really soft and had 0 rebounds. I don't think I have ever seen a big in the NBA, over 7 ft, get the minutes he got, and ended up with 0 rebounds by the end of the game. That's crazy.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

Luke is doing a great job.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

This is a disturbing 2 game trend for the Lakers after a great win in SA. Lakers have had the lead in both games and coughed it up really quick with poor decision making. This is a great coaching opportunity for Walton to get the guys to start playing with more focus. Maybe he needs to give them a reminder of the standings and that they can ill afford sloppy play when they're still fighting for a playoff spot.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
This is a disturbing 2 game trend for the Lakers after a great win in SA. Lakers have had the lead in both games and coughed it up really quick with poor decision making. This is a great coaching opportunity for Walton to get the guys to start playing with more focus. Maybe he needs to give them a reminder of the standings and that they can ill afford sloppy play when they're still fighting for a playoff spot.

The team has a key injury and is still integrating in new players. My goodness - the corpse of Travis Wear is getting minutes!

Luke is doing as well as can be expected. .The team is on pace to win 10+ games more than last year and has a puncher's chance at reaching .500. That is MAJOR, especially given that our starting lineup has 2 rookies, a 20-year old and another guy who was on the verge of being called a lottery bust.
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

You can nitpick Luke all you want. Considering the circumstances the team is improving under him. I dont really know what else to ask for?
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

RoyalPurple8 wrote:
You can nitpick Luke all you want. Considering the circumstances the team is improving under him. I dont really know what else to ask for?

Win every game by 25 points.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject:

Luke is doing a good job, the team is trending in the right direction so I don’t see the issue. He is guilty of not being perfect which makes him human.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

With the injuries we've had this year, we have no business having the record we do. We are 6 games below .500. I know Lonzo has missed more than 6 games. Same with KCP. Same with Lopez. Ingram has missed 5 games. That's 4 of our 5 starters.

I'd take Luke over Mike Malone, Scott Brooks, whoever is coaching Milwaukee, Stan Van Gundy. He's definitely a top 10 coach in the league. Which is promising considering his short head coaching career.

Yup, I agree. We have an identity, a culture, and a team who believes in what we're doing every night.

He's still young and has a lot of improvement to do, but just like a player, you love the development and where he's headed.

If it were not for the 0-9 stretch, let's say we even won 3 of those games, we'd be at.500.

We've had 2 major pieces traded, 2 vets cut, extended injuries to Zo, KCP jail missed/suspended games, rumors about free agents to be all year, and now injuries to Hart and Ingram.

All things considered, we're doing incrdibly well. We've got 18 more games and if we win 8 of those, we're sitting at 37 wins which is the high side of anyone's expectations. If we continue to play at the clip with have over the last few weeks, we could end up with 40 wins.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

So what are your thoughts on the team meeting that was required for luke to start playing randle more than 15 minutes a game
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
kikanga wrote:

So what are your thoughts on the team meeting that was required for luke to start playing randle more than 15 minutes a game

Does anyone consider the Nance/Randle situation had any front office implications. I mean we had to play Larry some minutes to prove him worthy of a trade. I think that was all by design, but I could be wrong.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:

It is tough without Ingram and Hart.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
kikanga wrote:

That's probably the difference between a top 5 coach in the league and a top 10. I mean, it's his 2nd year, and he has room to grow. He's made mistakes.
Pop screwed up with Aldridge last season, Luke had to convince Phil to start Ariza. Even the greatest coaches ever screw up.
But every single young rotation player Luke's coached has improved. And not in a selfish, individual way. But in a winning games for the team way.

Our young core is growing as a unit and can win games (even when some are out due to injury). And none of our core has turned into a star .... yet. I'm excited for the future. Our franchise's revolving door at the head coaching position can finally stop spinning.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Randle should've been the starter earlier imo, and he should've been receiving more minutes. But assuming whatever was going on there was fully Luke's decision, the other side of it that you have to consider is that at least he's the kind of coach who's actually willing to listen to his team and hear them out. That team meeting wasn't even called by the players. It was Luke's idea. He had the humility to listen to his own players and take what they thought and how they felt into consideration, so much so that he made changes. Not many coaches can do that. That shows that Luke is obviously not a contrarian (like the last coach).
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

The team has a key injury and is still integrating in new players. My goodness - the corpse of Travis Wear is getting minutes!

Luke is doing as well as can be expected. .The team is on pace to win 10+ games more than last year and has a puncher's chance at reaching .500. That is MAJOR, especially given that our starting lineup has 2 rookies, a 20-year old and another guy who was on the verge of being called a lottery bust.

Correct. But that's my point. Even with 2 key players out, the Lakers were very lackadaisical with the lead in the fourth and it burned them once and almost burned them a second time. They had even commented on letting their guard down a bit. It's a good opportunity for Luke to coach them up between games, letting them know to not get into any bad habits as they're trying to make a difficult push for the playoffs. I think these lapses will help both Luke and the team as they learn valuable lessons for the stretch run.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject:

“Since Luke took over, they’ve improved every single season I think, and you just try to implement that ball movement, that body movement, that he got when he was in Golden State.” - LeBron (postgame)
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject:

His motivation talk to Randle was great.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Forgot to share this last week:

“The scheme at this point in the year is worlds ahead from the beginning of the year. I’ve gone from cringing to standing at some of the sets. Mad props to Jesse Mermuys for this offensive design.” - Cranjis

I’m sure most people here hold Cranjis in high regard, so that compliment is telling. Perhaps Luke’s “drinking buddies” from Arizona are a lot more competent than many have unfairly assumed.

Last edited by Judah on Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
“Since Luke took over, they’ve improved every single season I think, and you just try to implement that ball movement, that body movement, that he got when he was in Golden State.” - LeBron (postgame)

So much for replacing Luke with Fizdale

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 527, 528, 529 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 528 of 818
Jump to: