The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1369, 1370, 1371 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
NYClakerguy wrote:
can someone please tell me why we are wanting Lebron to come to this team? He's going to be 34 years old seeking a max contract playing the same position as a younger PG and brandon ingram. I seriously don't understand why in every thread people are factoring lebron into the situation. BTW, why the (bleep) would lebron even come to LA? To "win?" You can't honestly believe he'd have a better chance making the finals on this team starting from scratch in the Western Conference vs what he already has in place in Cleveland. I seriously don't understand the thought process of some of the people on this forum.

Because he will still be a top 7 player at that age IMO.

Not to mention, we got horses. Lebron can rest for longer stretches on this team, and if we get George, he can rest all season and be fresh for the playoffs.

Why the hell play 35 million for a guy who you need to take special precautions with during the regular season so he won’t flame out in the playoffs, that makes no sense. Gimme PG, Randle and Kawhi next season. Lebron just isn’t right for us for several reason.

Because we are talking about the 2nd best player to lace them up. LBJ is right now this year. You are bringing up Khawhi, that is next season (big maybe) like you said. Lakers have to be in the moment imo.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject:

I don't see any way you don't resign him at this point. Would be a horrible misstep.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject:

RoyalPurple8 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
NYClakerguy wrote:
can someone please tell me why we are wanting Lebron to come to this team? He's going to be 34 years old seeking a max contract playing the same position as a younger PG and brandon ingram. I seriously don't understand why in every thread people are factoring lebron into the situation. BTW, why the (bleep) would lebron even come to LA? To "win?" You can't honestly believe he'd have a better chance making the finals on this team starting from scratch in the Western Conference vs what he already has in place in Cleveland. I seriously don't understand the thought process of some of the people on this forum.

Not to mention, we got horses. Lebron can rest for longer stretches on this team, and if we get George, he can rest all season and be fresh for the playoffs.

Why the hell play 35 million for a guy who you need to take special precautions with during the regular season so he won’t flame out in the playoffs, that makes no sense. Gimme PG, Randle and Kawhi next season. Lebron just isn’t right for us for several reason.

Because we are talking about the 2nd best player to lace them up. LBJ is right now this year. You are bringing up Khawhi, that is next season (big maybe) like you said. Lakers have to be in the moment imo.

The issue with signing Lebron is that he wont be willing to commit long term. The Lakers would be put in the same position Cleveland is in and that Miami was in. Lebron would have a team mortgage it's entire future so that he can have the best possible chance of winning.

If Lebron were to sign with the Lakers the only young player that might be retained is Lonzo. Every other young player and a buttload of future draft picks would be given away to bring in older talent to put around Lebron, and even that woudln't guarantee that Lebron would stick around.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
NYClakerguy wrote:

The issue with signing Lebron is that he wont be willing to commit long term. The Lakers would be put in the same position Cleveland is in and that Miami was in. Lebron would have a team mortgage it's entire future so that he can have the best possible chance of winning.

If Lebron were to sign with the Lakers the only young player that might be retained is Lonzo. Every other young player and a buttload of future draft picks would be given away to bring in older talent to put around Lebron, and even that woudln't guarantee that Lebron would stick around.

What? He got rid of a bunch of older players in Cleveland for young guys. What are you talking about. LBJ would enjoy running with Ball, Ingram, Kuz and Randle. Especially if we bring in PG too.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
NYClakerguy wrote:

What? He got rid of a bunch of older players in Cleveland for young guys. What are you talking about. LBJ would enjoy running with Ball, Ingram, Kuz and Randle. Especially if we bring in PG too.

When Lebron first went back to Cleveland they shipped out younger players and draft picks to bring in a bunch of veterans to put around Lebron. The teams that went to the finals were actually pretty old. Same situation in Miami, because of the cap situation it was mostly a bunch of veterans. The most recent trade happened because the team was in a a downward spiral and it still hasn't guaranteed that Lebron will still beyond this season.

Our core is young and talented but has NO playoff experience and they play in a much more difficult conference. If Lebron moves to another team he's going to want a legit shot at winning a championship right away.

Lebron+PG13+our young core isn't beating Golden State.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Lebron vs Green
PG vs Durant
Ingram vs Klay
Ball vs Curry
Randle vs Pachulia or whoever.

Maybe not next year but they'll be right there in 2 years
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Lebron vs Green
PG vs Durant
Ingram vs Klay
Ball vs Curry

They'll right there... right away. The Lakers line up can potentially switch on D within all 5 guys unlike Pikachulia
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Lebron vs Green
PG vs Durant
Ingram vs Klay
Ball vs Curry

Lebron isn't trying to waste two years waiting on our core to develop further. Lebron only signs 3 year deals and the third year is always a player option. The future would be mortgaged to ensure Lebron could compete right away.

And to be clear I don't begrudge Lebron for operating that way, but it's not a good idea long term for the Lakers to operate in that fashion.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Lebron vs Green
PG vs Durant
Ingram vs Klay
Ball vs Curry

Lebron isn't trying to waste two years waiting on our core to develop further. Lebron only signs 3 year deals and the third year is always a player option. The future would be mortgaged to ensure Lebron could compete right away.

And to be clear I don't begrudge Lebron for operating that way, but it's not a good idea long term for the Lakers to operate in that fashion.

So where does he go? Lakers are too young. Cleveland isn’t much better. Philadelphia, ditto. Houston, no money. Where does he go?
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Lebron vs Green
PG vs Durant
Ingram vs Klay
Ball vs Curry

We don't want to waste our time with a old dude that relies on his freak athletic ability.

PG and Klay or bust
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Lebron vs Green
PG vs Durant
Ingram vs Klay
Ball vs Curry

We don't want to waste our time with a old dude that relies on his freak athletic ability.

PG and Klay or bust

Klay, once a shooter, always a shooter. His skill has a chance to age like fine wine. PG13 will be done sooner than most fans think. Lebron isn't the norm, he's top 5 all time. These all time guys like MJ and Kobe, they tend to do well into thier 30's. The rest of the regular "all-stars" like PG13 will flame out sooner than you think. That's why I've been saying Randle will be a better value than PG13 in a few years. If we have to lose Randle to get PG13, I think that will be a mistake.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Lebron vs Green
PG vs Durant
Ingram vs Klay
Ball vs Curry

PG and Klay or bust

Klay, once a shooter, always a shooter. His skill has a chance to age like fine wine. PG13 will be done sooner than most fans think. Lebron isn't the norm, he's top 5 all time. These all time guys like MJ and Kobe, they tend to do well into thier 30's. The rest of the regular "all-stars" like PG13 will flame out sooner than you think. That's why I've been saying Randle will be a better value than PG13 in a few years. If we have to lose Randle to get PG13, I think that will be a mistake.

PG is 27. He’s not going to flame out as he’s entering his prime. Randle, Lebron & PG is feasible provided we make the right salary moves.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:30 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Lebron vs Green
PG vs Durant
Ingram vs Klay
Ball vs Curry

PG and Klay or bust

PG is 27. He’s not going to flame out as he’s entering his prime. Randle, Lebron & PG is feasible provided we make the right salary moves.

Paul George also got a full year of rest after that ugly injury.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:43 am    Post subject:

RoyalPurple8 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
NYClakerguy wrote:

Because we are talking about the 2nd best player to lace them up.

What's Jordan got to do with anything?

Kareem, Jordan, Kobe, Magic, Bird would be the top 5 imo currently. Then you have Wilt follow suit and then you got an area of Shaq, Malone(underrated as [expletive] nowadays) and then Duncan, and then you can't forget Bill Russell. 6-10 can fluctuate and I'm sure if you wanted to you could put LeBron somewhere, maybe even as high as 5, but he isn't touching top 2 right now, nor will be probably ever as by the time the Warriors fall off his career will be coming to a close. So that Top 5 is pretty set imo. At most I could see LeBron finishing 5th at highest.

But him catching Kareem, Jordan, Kobe or Magic is over at this point imo. Heck if you want to be honest, I think Duncan would be placed at 5 before LeBron would. He's 2-1 in the Finals against him and has 5 Championships. So there's that too.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject:

Anyway, back to the subject of Randle

This is a brilliant Kevin Ding article he's just done with an interview with Randle where he talks about his growth as a player, and his love of being a father.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/the-point/180308-randle-the-rising-tide-for-lakers?cid=tw

Great article by Ding with Randle. Worth checking out.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:27 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Anyway, back to the subject of Randle

This is a brilliant Kevin Ding article he's just done with an interview with Randle where he talks about his growth as a player, and his love of being a father.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/the-point/180308-randle-the-rising-tide-for-lakers?cid=tw

Great article by Ding with Randle. Worth checking out.

Amazing read. I love this guy. I sure hope we keep him.

I still can’t believe that Jim Buss was stupid enough to sight Mozgov and Deng for four years. Terrible to think that if we somehow are able to sign PG and LeBron, we are going to have to give up other current or future pieces (not signing Randle, using draft picks or players to dump Deng, etc.)
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

It's great to see Julius playing so well all while enjoying his family and his life in general. It's also good to see that he is no longer the official LG whipping post.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
It's great to see Julius playing so well all while enjoying his family and his life in general. It's also good to see that he is no longer the official LG whipping post.

Yessir!

Loved the Ding article too
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject:

Im in love with him now
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

I'm going to be very upset if the Lakers let him walk.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Lebron vs Green
PG vs Durant
Ingram vs Klay
Ball vs Curry

PG and Klay or bust

Bust, Klay isn’t coming. And in the lineup above, Randle is a PF, not a center. We would need a center and Ingram coming off the bench.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Lebron vs Green
PG vs Durant
Ingram vs Klay
Ball vs Curry

PG and Klay or bust

Bust, Klay isn’t coming. And in the lineup above, Randle is a PF, not a center. We would need a center and Ingram coming off the bench.

Pachulia sets screens-- that's his role. Julius can switch onto any player. Unless GS would just dumb the ball into Zaza, they'd be forced to pull him quickly.

Zaza can't remotely guard Randle-- or LeBron or Ingram or George or Lonzo which would inevitably happen on switches.

Ingram is not coming off the bench.

Either way, Jordan Bell is going to be starting next year which makes the match up even more interesting.

Your post is such a fail.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject:

FWIW Paul George's game is very age-friendly. He can very well play at an all star level into his mid thirties which gives us about a 7-8 year window with our group, that's about as good as any deal you could ask for. Then we can offload him for 4 first round draft picks
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject:

One of my favorite parts of that article:

Julius Randle wrote:
"Coach really cares about me as a person. It's easier to have a working relationship with someone if they care about you as a person," Randle said. "It's been like that since Day One, since he got the job and called me and had a conversation with me and they [with Golden State] were still in the playoffs competing for a championship. He wanted to establish that relationship from that day.

"It's been great ever since. He came to my wedding. Sent congrats on my baby. He has seen me mature and grow as a person as well these past two years. He can be tough on me, but he is obviously a loving coach who really cares about his players."

Can we now put an end to the Randle-Luke "beef"?

Also, isn't Ding considered a Jeannie mouthpiece? Does this means she wants Randle here long term???
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
One of my favorite parts of that article:

Julius Randle wrote:
"Coach really cares about me as a person. It's easier to have a working relationship with someone if they care about you as a person," Randle said. "It's been like that since Day One, since he got the job and called me and had a conversation with me and they [with Golden State] were still in the playoffs competing for a championship. He wanted to establish that relationship from that day.

"It's been great ever since. He came to my wedding. Sent congrats on my baby. He has seen me mature and grow as a person as well these past two years. He can be tough on me, but he is obviously a loving coach who really cares about his players."

Can we now put an end to the Randle-Luke "beef"?

Also, isn't Ding considered a Jeannie mouthpiece? Does this means she wants Randle here long term???

Yes, put an end to it. For what it’s worth, Magic has always spoken highly of Randle.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1369, 1370, 1371 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1370 of 1536
Jump to: