Gotham

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Gotham

Is there not a thread on this show already? I'm a bit surprised if there isn't. Gotham is must see TV for me and I feel like it hasn't yet hit its peak with Bruce evolving more and more into Batman and the emergence of the Joker, who, btw, has been cast brilliantly.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Not must see TV, more like guilty pleasure TV but I agree that it is a fun watch. Cameron Monaghan as the joker is great though. I just cant stand Ben Mckenzie, think he's an awful actor.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

It has its ups and downs but when it hits a good stretch of episodes it's one of the most enjoyable shows on non-cable TV.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
Not must see TV, more like guilty pleasure TV but I agree that it is a fun watch. .

This. However, if it didn't have the Batman mythos and all it's associated characters attached to it I probably wouldn't watch.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

I'm not sure if I'm up to date with the series. I had the series on record. I just started watching. I'm on S4 E13. " A Dark Knight: A Beautiful Darkness." I think it's the introduction of the Caped Crusader.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm not sure if I'm up to date with the series. I had the series on record. I just started watching. I'm on S4 E13. " A Dark Knight: A Beautiful Darkness." I think it's the introduction of the Caped Crusader.

You're pretty much caught up. Might be one more after that.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject:

Cameron Monaghen's Joker is right up there in Heath Ledger territory. Seriously, if you're a Dark Knight fan, you'll enjoy this show.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
Cameron Monaghen's Joker is right up there in Heath Ledger territory. Seriously, if you're a Dark Knight fan, you'll enjoy this show.

I agree. He has the same walk Ledger did when he was walking away from the exploding hospitals.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject:

An abbreviated 5th and final season has been confirmed. Something to look forward to.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Have watched since the beginning but I won't be too broken up when the plug is finally pulled. Normally, child actors aging too fast is a bad thing for TV shows but Gotham's journey of Bruce Wayne to Batman is just too slow for me.

Looking at David Mazouz, the actor who plays Bruce Wayne, it would take the show another 5 years to reach the time of Batman. He's 17 now but still looks 15. I wish they'd replaced him with an older actor and fast forwarded the story a bit.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Have watched since the beginning but I won't be too broken up when the plug is finally pulled. Normally, child actors aging too fast is a bad thing for TV shows but Gotham's journey of Bruce Wayne to Batman is just too slow for me.

Looking at David Mazouz, the actor who plays Bruce Wayne, it would take the show another 5 years to reach the time of Batman. He's 17 now but still looks 15. I wish they'd replaced him with an older actor and fast forwarded the story a bit.

They would have to do as soaps do, age a child to teens in 1 year but the parents don't age.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: