OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1216, 1217, 1218 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Lonzo > Fultz
PG > Saric
Lebron = Lebron
Randle < AD
Lopez > Embiid

West < East (i.e. East is the easier conference to be in)

I think that the gap between AD/Randle and Embiid/Lopez is bigger than the gap between Saric/PG and Lonzo/Fultz, thus making Philly the better option from a basketball standpoint. I also think that Philly could potentially create cap to have PG as well - I'm not sure exactly how, though.

I think you have the sign with Lopez backwards.

ty - fixed
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
If we get LBJ/PG I feel like Reddick could be lock. Why not? He is getting old. He made good money in Philly this year. He gets to come back to LA. I hope...

He wants to live in Brooklyn/NYC.

right....that is the reason he went to Philly....he wants to be close to home...Brooklyn.

Quick train ride. But people say that George wants to go home but then put him in LA.

JJ made a conscious family decision to move to Brooklyn and raise his kids there. If that doesn't say "Done With LA" I don't know what does.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject:

If we had Russell on our roster this season, we would be calling for his head and demanding a trade or something. Dude is a headcase + injury prone + not improved in 3rd year. He is what he is.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Lonzo > Fultz
PG > Saric
Lebron = Lebron
Randle < AD
Lopez < Embiid

I think that the gap between AD/Randle and Embiid/Lopez is bigger than the gap between Saric/PG and Lonzo/Fultz, thus making Philly the better option from a basketball standpoint. I also think that Philly could potentially create cap to have PG as well - I'm not sure exactly how, though.

AD?

Did Philly trade Simmons for Anthony Davis?

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

BynumForThree wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Lonzo > Fultz
PG > Saric
Lebron = Lebron
Randle < AD
Lopez < Embiid

AD?

Did Philly trade Simmons for Anthony Davis?

yes they did
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PHILosophize wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Lonzo > Fultz
PG > Saric
Lebron = Lebron
Randle < AD
Lopez > Embiid

I think you have the sign with Lopez backwards.

ty - fixed

No one can beat an Embiid/AD/LBJ front court... even if you had Curry and a prime era Michael Jordan. That's some historical sh*t right there.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

A Who Cares/Who Cares/Lebron/Davis/Embiid roster would be the greatest team of all time. RIP Warriors.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Laker Hefe wrote:
Zubolo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Zubolo wrote:
On a separate note, if we are unable to keep Randle, what do you all think of using the room exception for Ed Davis (Portland). He's an exceptional and underrated rebounder and can finish well around the basket.

I think he complements a potential starting lineup that includes 4 really good playmakers (Lebron, Lonzo, Ingram and PG13). Would love to keep Randle but in case the money does not work out for Randle, what are your thoughts on Ed Davis?

He's about 33% of what Jules gives you today. Backup C, not a PF really.

So why not just start Julius at C then and forget Lopez. Use the room exception to address a more glaring need (backup PG).

There are a multitude of aging big body centers that will be available for the Vet min.

I think you are discounting the fact that Brook can pull a big out of the paint and has allowed Randle to operate inside with less bodies around.

My point is, if we get Lebron and wish to keep Randle, then I don't see the point in having Brook, let alone using the room exception on him rather than address the need for a backup PG like Seth Curry.

Keeping a Center-PF combination of Lopez,Randle,Lebron,Kuzma and Zubac is overkill. At that point, one could even argue that Randle becomes redundant, hence the need to move on from Lopez.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Zubolo wrote:
Laker Hefe wrote:
Zubolo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Zubolo wrote:
On a separate note, if we are unable to keep Randle, what do you all think of using the room exception for Ed Davis (Portland). He's an exceptional and underrated rebounder and can finish well around the basket.

I think he complements a potential starting lineup that includes 4 really good playmakers (Lebron, Lonzo, Ingram and PG13). Would love to keep Randle but in case the money does not work out for Randle, what are your thoughts on Ed Davis?

So why not just start Julius at C then and forget Lopez. Use the room exception to address a more glaring need (backup PG).

There are a multitude of aging big body centers that will be available for the Vet min.

I think you are discounting the fact that Brook can pull a big out of the paint and has allowed Randle to operate inside with less bodies around.

My point is, if we get Lebron and wish to keep Randle, then I don't see the point in having Brook, let alone using the room exception on him rather than address the need for a backup PG like Seth Curry.

Keeping a Center-PF combination of Lopez,Randle,Lebron,Kuzma and Zubac is overkill. At that point, one could even argue that Randle becomes redundant, hence the need to move on from Lopez.

Not really. That assumes Zub is ready to take it to playoff level basketball, which he hasn't shown.

And LBJ would play basically all 5 positions regardless. Lopez at 4m/year, and playing 20mpg takes away the wear/tear of Jules having to guard the Steven Adams and Embiids of the NBA for 35-37mpg.
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Zubolo wrote:
Laker Hefe wrote:
Zubolo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Zubolo wrote:

Not really. That assumes Zub is ready to take it to playoff level basketball, which he hasn't shown.

And LBJ would play basically all 5 positions regardless. Lopez at 4m/year, and playing 20mpg takes away the wear/tear of Jules having to guard the Steven Adams and Embiids of the NBA for 35-37mpg.

The Thunder with Steven Adams and no PG13 is not much of a threat. Though Lopez has more experience than Zub, I am not sure Lopez has proven to be that much more effective than Zub. Moreover, Lopez is horrendous when it comes to rebounding. I have more confidence in Zub in year 3.

If we are willing to start Lopez and bring Randle and Kuzma off the bench, we might as well give up on Zub, who is still only 20.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
Nah even if somehow we land 0 star Fa's. Just getting rid of Ennis and the rest of the bozos and rounding up the team would be good enough

100% disagree....losing Russell, Nance, and Clarkson for nothing (besides Hart) that really helps this team long term will be a huge fail.

Getting rid of Russell was a god send for our culture, he really isn't special and Mozgov was a huge net negative on everything for us. Clarkson? Not even worth mentioning, we got a first for him and IT is a better version of him. Nance hurts but now we have Randle beasting and Kuz getting more minutes next season instead of having a logjam. Nance is the only that hurts.

I disagree with your opinions....and most of it is exactly that, opinions that are in complete contrast of the evidence/metrics.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
Nah even if somehow we land 0 star Fa's. Just getting rid of Ennis and the rest of the bozos and rounding up the team would be good enough

100% disagree....losing Russell, Nance, and Clarkson for nothing (besides Hart) that really helps this team long term will be a huge fail.

Getting rid of Russell was a god send for our culture, he really isn't special and Mozgov was a huge net negative on everything for us. Clarkson? Not even worth mentioning, we got a first for him and IT is a better version of him. Nance hurts but now we have Randle beasting and Kuz getting more minutes next season instead of having a logjam. Nance is the only that hurts.

I disagree with your opinions....and most of it is exactly that, opinions that are in complete contrast of the evidence/metrics.

I mean what your saying is gibberish then too because you aren't saying anything other than opinions as well. That team was going no where. Two different coaching staffs had issues with Russell. Mozgov and Russell leaving was huge. That's not an opinion, thats a fact. I'm sorry you disagree with facts.

Last edited by AirTupac on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Zubolo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Zubolo wrote:
Laker Hefe wrote:
Zubolo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Zubolo wrote:

The Thunder with Steven Adams and no PG13 is not much of a threat. Though Lopez has more experience than Zub, I am not sure Lopez has proven to be that much more effective than Zub. Moreover, Lopez is horrendous when it comes to rebounding. I have more confidence in Zub in year 3.

If we are willing to start Lopez and bring Randle and Kuzma off the bench, we might as well give up on Zub, who is still only 20.

No, you're missing the point. Zub is 20, and isn't ready to compete on a championship level core. I'd keep him around though. I'm not specifically pointing out Adams as the only example. Most teams start a true 7 footer that will get Jules in foul trouble if he is playing 100% of majority of his minutes at C.

The Warriors employ the same concept where Bogut/Zaza started and took the other team's starting center's punches for 20-22mpg. Then Dray finishes at center. Same would be for Jules.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

I mean what your saying is gibberish then too because you aren't saying anything other than opinions as well. That team was going no where. Two different coaching staffs had issues with Russell. Mozgov and Russell leaving was huge. That's not an opinion, thats a fact. I'm sorry you disagree with facts.

right....sorry I engaged, did not realize it would turn into these same lame talking points.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

right....sorry I engaged, did not realize it would turn into these same lame talking points.

Yawn.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

Yawn.

really? I could have continued...could have pointed out that you obviously struggle with the basic definition of an objective and subjective statement....I could have pulled stats and comps to illustrate how silly your statements were....like I said....not familiar with you....did not know you would try to turn it into the DLo thing.....now I do.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Where are they? All I hear is talk about what you could pull out then you argue about semantics. Great work detective.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Lonzo > Fultz
PG > Saric
Lebron = Lebron
Randle < AD
Lopez < Embiid

i don't think this is a good comparison. if not Lebron, we have another max if we sign Randle at the right price.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject:

People like you act like if the Lakers don't get these big FA's this season that those moves were a waste. I'm arguing they weren't. We weren't going anywhere with those players. Magic agrees with me.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Lonzo > Fultz
PG > Saric
Lebron = Lebron
Randle < AD
Lopez < Embiid

i don't think this is a good comparison. if not Lebron, we have another max if we sign Randle at the right price.

well the comparison is how Lebron fits/looks with the rest of the respective rosters
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

I think we sold Russell at the right time. And we were compensated with the 27th pick which turned into Kyle Kuzma. Russell will be a good starter probably on a bad team. He will never reach all star status in my opinion. All things being equal I would rather have Kuzma anyways.

Last edited by 32 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Why are we out here beefing about DLO again? Let's move on?
CalisFinest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I think we sold Russell at the right time. And we were compensated with the 27th pick which turned into Kyle Kuzma. Russell will be a good starter probably on a bad team. He will never reach all star status in my opinion.

It would be more accurate if you said we were compensated with Hart and Bryant. I think LA gets Kuzma either way without the trade. But Hart/Bryant wouldn't have been possible.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Adkindo brought up Dlo first.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Lonzo > Fultz
PG > Saric
Lebron = Lebron
Randle < AD
Lopez < Embiid

well the comparison is how Lebron fits/looks with the rest of the respective rosters

well if thats the case, where did Ingram and Kuzma go?

Also i doubt the Pelicans are letting go AD for Ben Simmons and who???
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1216, 1217, 1218 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1217 of 2680
Jump to: