No chemistry between Kuzma and IT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 4867
Location: LA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: No chemistry between Kuzma and IT

Has anyone noticed that Kuzma gets pretty frustrated by IT's poor decisions and turnovers? I noticed it during the first 3 game losing streak, and have noticed it lately as well. These 2 don't appear to get along with each other for some reason. I have not heard either say anything too positive about the other to the media either.

Thoughts? Is it because kuzma is a huge Lebron fan?
_________________
Billions Billions Billions
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 37093

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject:

What impact will their chemistry have on free agency?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 7172

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: No chemistry between Kuzma and IT

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Has anyone noticed that Kuzma gets pretty frustrated by IT's poor decisions and turnovers? I noticed it during the first 3 game losing streak, and have noticed it lately as well. These 2 don't appear to get along with each other for some reason. I have not heard either say anything too positive about the other to the media either.

Thoughts? Is it because kuzma is a huge Lebron fan?


I think you nailed it...eod .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 16529
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject:

It's because Kobe won an Oscar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jbar805
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 08 Jun 2015
Posts: 232

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Winning cures all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 2610

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Ugh.
_________________
ĒIt is about the greatness of God, not the significance of man. God made man small and the universe big to say something about Himself.Ē

- John Piper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 2359
Location: Seoul, Korea

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Ugh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersDC
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Feb 2009
Posts: 1382

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject:

I haven't noticed it, but chemistry takes time. Earlier in the season, our disgruntled bench mob of Julius, Jordan, and Kuz seemed to have good chemistry with each other and bad chemistry with everyone else (aside from Zo). My biggest worry from this is they would often freeze out BI, who Luke likes to play big minutes. Lately though, BI and Julius have had great chemistry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2001
Posts: 14330

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject:

2 chuckers battling for shots
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerdynasty5.0
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 3713

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject:

i don't see it that way.. what i see is ONE ball, and two chuckers!
_________________
Starting Lakers Dynasty6.0! NOW!!
------
....." each year in Lakerland is marked by four seasons: Kobeís Mad at His Teammates; Kobeís Shooting Too Much; Kobe Leads the Victory Parade; Kobe Receives His Championship Ring."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Nov 2008
Posts: 4438

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

eh...no big deal. I have confidence they will either figure it out or it won't matter long given our contract situation.

What I find more interesting is that Luke has given Kuz the green light to be a ball handler / initiate the offense even with Lonzo on the court. This pushes Lonzo to the SG slot.

Honestly, I am not sure how I feel about this....on the one hand it is a great development for Kuz, and enables us to push the pace when he grabs a rebound. On the other, it takes the ball out of Lonzo's hands who is already one of the best floor generals in the league. During the Magic/Lakers game I found myself yelling at Kuz to pass it to Zo when they were in transition. It was frustrating to watch.
_________________
"I donít give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I donít play for your [expletive] approval."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 31368

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Team chemistry takes time. Kuz is not a point guard but he is good in the open court. They will figure it out.
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TDRock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 14060
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
It's because Kobe won an Oscar.


you made me laugh out loud on the train!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 7079

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: No chemistry between Kuzma and IT

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Has anyone noticed that Kuzma gets pretty frustrated by IT's poor decisions and turnovers? I noticed it during the first 3 game losing streak, and have noticed it lately as well. These 2 don't appear to get along with each other for some reason. I have not heard either say anything too positive about the other to the media either.

Thoughts? Is it because kuzma is a huge Lebron fan?
I've noticed it too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 5000

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: No chemistry between Kuzma and IT

Tanlentueux wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
Has anyone noticed that Kuzma gets pretty frustrated by IT's poor decisions and turnovers? I noticed it during the first 3 game losing streak, and have noticed it lately as well. These 2 don't appear to get along with each other for some reason. I have not heard either say anything too positive about the other to the media either.

Thoughts? Is it because kuzma is a huge Lebron fan?
I've noticed it too.


Kuzma and IT are both alpha personality types... they both would do better with Lonzo, BI, Hart types than each other. Randle was like this at first but he seems to be learning how to play more team oriented ball.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 10502

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Ugh.

_________________
Coach: Luuuuuuuuuuuke
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 7632

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Kuz has jelly for legs and Thomas has a Peanut Butter hip. I think they go great together.
_________________
2-3-7-14 Los Angeles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Posts: 3301

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:56 am    Post subject:

Then again, IT is pretty selective in who he passes the ball to.
A few games back he found Zu being a good target and he fed Zu.
Last game he kept feeding Lopez.

On one hand he seems to go with whoever seems to be hot.
On the other hand, some players are being left out. I noticed the last game in quite some occasions Zubac was ignored despite a good position he had.
_________________
.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 4855
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:45 am    Post subject:

People blamed Clarkson for not having chemistry with Kuz. Now IT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 8021
Location: Curitiba, Brasil

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma plays at his own pace, which is going at it all the time. He did not have chemistry with Clarkson, it's only natural he's not going to have chemistry with IT (even if IT is being more of a playmaker than everyone thought).

It's not a knock on Kuzma, just saying how it is. Maybe it's something he could improve on, but I actually like this mind set he has. He just needs to be more consistent with his game to back it up.
_________________
www.lakersbrasil.com
Fan site made by me and others, dedicated to posting Laker news and articles in portuguese.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 19734
Location: North Hollywood

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Not the best chemistry overall.
_________________
Lonzo Ball said Kyle Kuzma turned to him when they were down big 20 in the third and said, "I'm about to start going." Lonzo's reply: "All right, I got you."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 May 2001
Posts: 1421
Location: Venice, California

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject:

I canít stand the Isaiah Thomas witch hunt. He is the best player on the Lakers in years. He is the reason I think we still have a playoff shot. I really hope the Lakers resign him for 4 years.
_________________
"Bobbin' and weavin' and let the good get even"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lowest Merion
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 10618

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Jellojigglin wrote:
I canít stand the Isaiah Thomas witch hunt. He is the best player on the Lakers in years.


Years? Kobe played in 2016. And thereís no witch hunt. He just simply hasnít been close to his former self since the hip injury, which has lingered. And he canít play D to save his life and the team already has Zo.

Iím tired of people being delusional and thinking IT will make the Lakers a better team in the long run, which wouldnít happen if the Lakers were dumb enough to sign him for four years as you suggest.

Quote:
really hope the Lakers resign him for 4 years.


Iím really hoping thatís pretty much the last thing the Lakers do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 19864

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Jellojigglin wrote:
I canít stand the Isaiah Thomas witch hunt. He is the best player on the Lakers in years. He is the reason I think we still have a playoff shot. I really hope the Lakers resign him for 4 years.


Best player based on performance or body of work over his entire career?
_________________
"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up."-The Greatest
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 126327
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Jellojigglin wrote:
I canít stand the Isaiah Thomas witch hunt. He is the best player on the Lakers in years. He is the reason I think we still have a playoff shot. I really hope the Lakers resign him for 4 years.


I donít think that he is the best player now. Defense does matter.
_________________
LG NBA Playoff pool first round:

1. pjiddy 32
2. blackmamba08 30
2. rebirth 30
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB