OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 921, 922, 923 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject:

That chase down deflection of his turnover where he didn’t give up a concession bucket turned out to be the difference in a 1 point win. #intangibles
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:57 am    Post subject:

The growth from the start of the season to now is so impressive.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
That chase down deflection of his turnover where he didn’t give up a concession bucket turned out to be the difference in a 1 point win. #intangibles

Fantastic defensive effort. That was sheer determination, hustle and basketball instinct.

Zo does a lot of little, subtle things that get overlooked because of the speed of the game, but a deflection here, a tip there, a block, a tap to a teammate, whatever, Zo is always got his nose on the ball.

Zo's overall defensive game and BB instincts have been quite impressive.
JayLida
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

Fantastic defensive effort. That was sheer determination, hustle and basketball instinct.

Zo does a lot of little, subtle things that get overlooked because of the speed of the game, but a deflection here, a tip there, a block, a tap to a teammate, whatever, Zo is always got his nose on the ball.

Zo's overall defensive game and BB instincts have been quite impressive.

Finally some refreshing analysis of Lonzo's game. I have no issues with the negative parts because you have to take the good with the bad especially if the rookie is just 20 years old. Overall the kid is awesome and he is only scratching the surface. I cant wait to see the jump in his maturity and game from rookie year to year two. Should be fun!
Lakers4Life33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject:

Lonzos ability to get very hot from 3 is very exciting moving forward...opens up his game and makes the passing lanes that much more open
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject:

He’s the ultimate team player on both ends.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject:

Skip giving a bunch of love to Ball right now on "undisputed"
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject:

Lakers4Life33 wrote:
Lonzos ability to get very hot from 3 is very exciting moving forward...opens up his game and makes the passing lanes that much more open
+1
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

I don’t like watching Skip and Shannon when they talk about Lonzo. Skip loves Lonzo a bit too much, he has some amazing moments and some really bad ones...he’s not there yet, not even close. Shannon I THINK has to be intentionally just being difficult, because nobody could hate that much on lonzo unless they were either joking, ingorant or just had an agenda.

Stephen A is also very difficult to watch in regards to Lonzo, besides using long words incorrectly he sounds like he knows everything and it’s obvious his opinion has less to do with Lonzo than it does with his dislike of Lavar.

Max Kellerman’s take on things is decent and I think he actually watches the games...so there’s that
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
I don’t like watching Skip and Shannon when they talk about Lonzo. Skip loves Lonzo a bit too much, he has some amazing moments and some really bad ones...he’s not there yet, not even close. Shannon I THINK has to be intentionally just being difficult, because nobody could hate that much on lonzo unless they were either joking, ingorant or just had an agenda.

Stephen A is also very difficult to watch in regards to Lonzo, besides using long words incorrectly he sounds like he knows everything and it’s obvious his opinion has less to do with Lonzo than it does with his dislike of Lavar.

Max Kellerman’s take on things is decent and I think he actually watches the games...so there’s that

I think when you have a pair... they flip a coin at the start of the season or career and it's heads you are pro Lonzo and tails you are anti Lonzo.

Wouldn't be interesting if they held the same opinions. I'm sure some of it is natural preference but whether it's Wilbon and Tony, Max and SAS, Skip and Shannon... I think that's the formula.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:33 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
It's crazy that lonzo ball is just a rookie and how mature he looks out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13&v=yAPm-paul8g

How many players just would have just given up on the play after getting beat like that ? I think a lot and especially guards.

Can't teach that. Lonzo is definately a competitor and a winner. He doesn't care about getting beat or turning the ball over. He's always thinking of how to get back in the picture and make a difference.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:46 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Lakers4Life33 wrote:
+1

I've said it before, but if he ever learns to finish around the rim with any degree of consistency, its over -- perennial all-star, triple double average type guy.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject:

Lonzo will finish around the rim more consistently as he gets stronger. Till then he has length and control to carry him through.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Lonzo will finish around the rim more consistently as he gets stronger. Till then he has length and control to carry him through.

He has some technical things to fix first. He'll need to work on the basic finishing skill moves, protection layups etc. Zo tends to do the "rocking the cradle" motion on every lay up even if he's wide open.
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
MJST wrote:

He has some technical things to fix first. He'll need to work on the basic finishing skill moves, protection layups etc. Zo tends to do the "rocking the cradle" motion on every lay up even if he's wide open.

Anyone remember BI finishing at the rim his rookie season? It was horrendous. Hell, there was a game early this season where he got swatted like 8 times on drives. BI is figuring it out and getting used to the contact. I imagine Lonzo will too.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject:

FanOfFour wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Anyone remember BI finishing at the rim his rookie season? It was horrendous. Hell, there was a game early this season where he got swatted like 8 times on drives. BI is figuring it out and getting used to the contact. I imagine Lonzo will too.

Yup, was listening to Darius on LFR podcast and he mentioned how Ingram had to learn how to basically time his steps when attacking the basket. He had a habit of taking off too early. Now he's added lower body strength and has learned to take off at the right time. Another reason why rookies need time.
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Yup, was listening to Darius on LFR podcast and he mentioned how Ingram had to learn how to basically time his steps when attacking the basket. He had a habit of taking off too early. Now he's added lower body strength and has learned to take off at the right time. Another reason why rookies need time.

Same with Lonzo. Taking off from too far from the basket. Once BI started figuring it out, he was dunking on guys. We know Lonzo can dunk. Dunking in traffic is going to be the next step. A lot of 1 and done guys need to develop there bodies. Josh Hart is physically mature and can absorb contact no problem. He's a beast, but he's also a 4 year player. Lonzo is a skinny guy right now.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

I think it's more than just strength that needs to improve for his finishing to get better. His way too awkward with his footwork and floaters/layups in the paint. He's gotta work on that heavily this year.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:

I can't believe I'm asking this but does anyone have a link to the clip?
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I don't have a link but you might be able to find it on Youtube. That being said, it's OBVIOUS that Skip watches the games and Shannon doesn't. Complaining about Lonzo's 4 for 13 percentage on 3s vs the Magic when at least a couple were to beat the shot clock from another area code distance is lame.
yammy1688
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Remember when he had a 1v1 at the rim against Tyson Chandler where he just went at him and bumped him off?

FanOfFour wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Same with Lonzo. Taking off from too far from the basket. Once BI started figuring it out, he was dunking on guys. We know Lonzo can dunk. Dunking in traffic is going to be the next step. A lot of 1 and done guys need to develop there bodies. Josh Hart is physically mature and can absorb contact no problem. He's a beast, but he's also a 4 year player. Lonzo is a skinny guy right now.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

I can't believe I'm asking this but does anyone have a link to the clip?

Im not referring to one specific conversation, more like a dozen conversations that are basically skip saying he is special and Shannon saying he is garbage. Liike fam said, go to YouTube and type in Skip and Shannon Lonzo and enjoy.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Imo, he needs a stronger base and core to shoot more consistently like Steph and Klay do.
He also would benefit from incorporating a Euro step to get around and past defenders in the paint like Harden, Clarkson, and many others do successfully.
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject:

I've noticed that Lonzo has no intention of going at players who are trying to show him up. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:
I've noticed that Lonzo has no intention of going at players who are trying to show him up. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing.

Jules and BI always have his back.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 921, 922, 923 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 922 of 1688
Jump to: