THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 820, 821, 822 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
So Trump and Kim Jong Un are reportedly going to meet. What could go wrong?

All this will do is legitimize Kim. There's a reason no other world leader has met him, including his ally in China.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

All this will do is legitimize Kim. There's a reason no other world leader has met him, including his ally in China.

If that happens he may accomplished his mission, a seat at the table. He'll ask for a easing of sanctions.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Good ol Trashissippi ..

#2 Welfare state
2. Mississippi

• Number of food stamp recipients: 650,911

• Percentage of the state's population on food stamps: 21.74%
https://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2018/03/06/mississippi-abortion-ban-senate/399259002/
Quote:

After a heated floor debate, the Senate on Tuesday passed a bill 35-14 to ban abortions after 15 weeks of pregnancy, bringing the state one step closer to enacting the most restrictive abortion ban in the country.

Run by trash it will be trash...
Instead of punishing states like California fix Trashissippi
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

He is legit though no matter if it's acknowledged or not. Dude is in control of a nuclear armed country. Trump is an idiot and piece of (bleep) scumbag but trying to open communications with NK isn't a bad thing. I just wish it was someone else more sane meeting with him
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Wilt wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

He is legit though no matter if it's acknowledged or not. Dude is in control of a nuclear armed country. Trump is an idiot and piece of (bleep) scumbag but trying to open communications with NK isn't a bad thing. I just wish it was someone else more sane meeting with him

The US used to have this thing called a State Department. Their job was to send delegates to these types of meetings/ negotiations.

To add, I believe China still communicates with NK this way.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Wilt wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Agree. I hope Trump doesn't eff up this opportunity. One thing I noticed. Kim sent praise Trumps way. He stopped the name calling. That makes me think he may be smarter than he's given credit for being. He's looking to ease sanctions. Could he have picked up on, praise The Donald and he'll do as you wish?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Wilt wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Agree. I hope Trump doesn't eff up this opportunity. One thing I noticed. Kim sent praise Trumps way. He stopped the name calling. That makes me think he may be smarter than he's given credit for being. He's looking to ease sanctions. Could he have picked up on, praise The Donald and he'll do as you wish?

Everyone is smarter than Donny so immediately credit goes to his opponents for out foxing him.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject:

My favorite post of the day:

Personally, I don't think it is a good idea for the U.S. to let a deranged dictator meet with Kim Jong Un.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:

Please don't ask that question. Not now.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

We've all heard of but maybe not read 1984
This book looks like it needs reprinted and handed to everyone

Reviewer on Amazon is perfect
Quote:

What’s wrong with me? I majored in political science in college and grad school. I studied for a PhD, worked in state & local government & taught “American Government” for decades at various colleges in the Baltimore-Washington area. And, I did not read It Can't Happen Here [ICHH] until 2016. Finally, in the storm of the 2016 election, I read this book. Shame on me.

http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks03/0301001h.html
Sinclair Lewis
"It can't happen here"

Linked to buy together
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0804190119/
Timothy Snyder
On Tyranny: Twenty Lessons from the Twentieth Century
Feb 2017
1800 reviews 4.6 stars
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Wilt wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

As one expert said last night, North Korean leaders have been trying to meet with American presidents for 60 years. This is exactly what Kim wants. So you don't just agree to meet with him like that in the short term. There needs to be months and maybe years of meetings between diplomats before you even think about a meeting face to face.

Trump simply wanted a "win" and get Russia and Stormy Daniels gone from the headlines. And I guarantee that we will get information in the following weeks of how this was all done haphazardly for political points.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject:

@NormEisen
Quote:
Mr. Trump, you got played. The meeting was one of the biggest deliverables you had to offer. You gave it away at the beginning of the negotiation instead of the end. If you had more diplomatic professionals around you, you would make fewer mistakes.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
@NormEisen
Quote:
Mr. Trump, you got played. The meeting was one of the biggest deliverables you had to offer. You gave it away at the beginning of the negotiation instead of the end. If you had more diplomatic professionals around you, you would make fewer mistakes.

I'm sure he dotard will treat rocket man better than he did the Mexican president
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Wilt wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

As one expert said last night, North Korean leaders have been trying to meet with American presidents for 60 years. This is exactly what Kim wants. So you don't just agree to meet with him like that in the short term. There needs to be months and maybe years of meetings between diplomats before you even think about a meeting face to face.

Trump simply wanted a "win" and get Russia and Stormy Daniels gone from the headlines. And I guarantee that we will get information in the following weeks of how this was all done haphazardly for political points.

There was a similar issue some years ago:

Quote:
Barack Obama’s offer to meet without precondition with leaders of renegade nations such as Cuba, North Korea and Iran touched off a war of words, with rival Hillary Rodham Clinton calling him naive and Obama linking her to President Bush’s diplomacy.

Older politicians in both parties questioned the wisdom of such a course, while Obama’s supporters characterized it as a repudiation of Bush policies of refusing to engage with certain adversaries.

from NBC News
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

Yeah, not one of Obama's greatest moments. But apparently it polled well at the time. Fortunately, he never actually did it.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

I disagree. You should have these kinds of meetings between presidents to help quell futher animosity and aggressive behaviors. Ignoring them like they don't exist is a childish way of handling things. Whether you want to admit it or not they are a sovereign nation with nuclear power. Open up the lines of communcation.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
I disagree. You should have these kinds of meetings between presidents to help quell futher animosity and aggressive behaviors. Ignoring them like they don't exist is a childish way of handling things. Whether you want to admit it or not they are a sovereign nation with nuclear power. Open up the lines of communcation.

I think you're missing a larger point. It isn't about communicating or not. It's about the diplomatic and political protocols of whom to send, where, when, and under what circumstances.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

I think you're missing a larger point. It isn't about communicating or not. It's about the diplomatic and political protocols of whom to send, where, when, and under what circumstances.

Bingo!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

N Korea has made and broken denuclearizing promises in the past.

North Korea Asks for Direct Nuclear Talks, and Trump Agrees

LINK

Quote:
“There is every reason to believe that North Korea is attempting to blunt sanctions and secure de facto legitimacy for its nuclear weapons program with this gesture,” said Michael J. Green, a former Asia adviser to President George W. Bush, speaking by telephone from Tokyo.

Evan S. Medeiros, an Asia adviser to President Barack Obama, said that any direct talks would elevate Mr. Kim and legitimize him. “We got nothing for it. And Kim will never give up his nukes,” Mr. Medeiros said. “Kim played Moon and is now playing Trump.”

ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

martin skrelli got 7 years these old statements from prospective jurors are hilarious

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DX3oXhBW0AA7DSQ.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DX3oYR5WAAEeLif.jpg
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

Loved this judges fairness and understanding of incarceration

Quote:

Before sentencing him, the judge said that it was up to Congress to fix the issue of the HIV price-hike. And she spoke about how his family and friends "state, almost universally, that he is kind and misunderstood" and willing to help others in need.

She said it was clear he is a "tremendously gifted individual who has the capacity for kindness."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-martin-shkreli-sentencing-20180309-story.html

His hate is not how she wants him to see himself

He left in tears
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
martin skrelli got 7 years these old statements from prospective jurors are hilarious

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DX3oXhBW0AA7DSQ.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DX3oYR5WAAEeLif.jpg

He posted it on eBay .. the album
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

do you think his bravado and antics (i.e. bounty on Hillary Clinton's hair, harassing lauren duca), made not the sentence worse necessarily, but created more drive from securities investigators and weakened his position? iono this was probably a totally separate issue as far as the hedge funds, but still can't help thinking he didn't do himself any favors. sounds like he got a good judge from CI's post nice to send him away with a positive msg. i'm petty enough to want Cartman there drinking his tears of unfathomable sadness. come on 500% hike on cancer patients.... only in America.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:

Quote:

Before sentencing him, the judge said that it was up to Congress to fix the issue of the HIV price-hike. And she spoke about how his family and friends "state, almost universally, that he is kind and misunderstood" and willing to help others in need.

She said it was clear he is a "tremendously gifted individual who has the capacity for kindness."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-martin-shkreli-sentencing-20180309-story.html

He left in tears

He sure conned the (bleep) out of her . . . there should have been at least a 1 in front of that 7.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:

Quote:

He left in tears

He sure conned the (bleep) out of her . . . there should have been at least another 7 in front of that 7.

Fify

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 820, 821, 822 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 821 of 3663
Jump to: