Houston Rockets chances against the Warriors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Let me know when they get past the second round

Until then I don't buy into the Rockets.

Huh? They have gone past the second round before when they came back from 3-1 to beat the Clippers. They have gotten much better and the Spurs clearly got worse. Who beats them in the second round when they won’t even play the Warriors until the third round?

It was commentary about CP3 never getting out of the second round.

He's on the Rockets and the great irony of your description is they got out of the second round at CP3's expense.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Let me know when they get past the second round

Until then I don't buy into the Rockets.

Huh? They have gone past the second round before when they came back from 3-1 to beat the Clippers. They have gotten much better and the Spurs clearly got worse. Who beats them in the second round when they won’t even play the Warriors until the third round?

It was commentary about CP3 never getting out of the second round.

He's on the Rockets and the great irony of your description is they got out of the second round at CP3's expense.

Oh okay. Lol I can’t believe I didn’t pick up on that.

This is by far the best team he has ever had so if they are reasonably healthy and still lose in the second round, that would be interesting to watch.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject:

Really only between the Rockets and Warriors now....they are above the rest of the competition in the NBA this year. The way the Rockets are playing now they are hungry for success. With the Warriors facing lots of injuries, I could see them potentially being dethroned this year.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Really only between the Rockets and Warriors now....they are above the rest of the competition in the NBA this year. The way the Rockets are playing now they are hungry for success. With the Warriors facing lots of injuries, I could see them potentially being dethroned this year.

I think the Warriors won't make it out of the West but I don't think the Rockets will make it out either.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I think the Warriors won't make it out of the West but I don't think the Rockets will make it out either.

I will offer you a bet of any size you want on this
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

What do you have in mind?
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:43 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Telleris wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

anything you want, the idea that neither of those teams short of some catastrophic injury takeover (whereas it looks like golden state will be down a curry for the first round, but the opponents are shaping up to be one of their easier matchups) is pretty ludicrous given how much better they are than the other teams in the conference.
I Bleed P&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Telleris wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I'm down too. I'll bet you $100.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject:

OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH Warriors and Cavaliers will once again meet in the finals. GS in 6.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject:

OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH Warriors and Cavaliers will once again meet in the finals. GS in 6...

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

I Bleed P&G wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Telleris wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

No offense but unless you actually know each other in physical space, one of you is going to get screwed. Web people almost always welsh their bets!! If one of you welshes, I say you leave the site forever!! At least you are not betting against a Celtic's fan, they ALWAYS welsh their bets, especially against Laker fans.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
I Bleed P&G wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Telleris wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

No offense but unless you actually know each other in physical space, one of you is going to get screwed. Web people almost always welsh their bets!! If one of you welshes, I say you leave the site forever!! At least you are not betting against a Celtic's fan, they ALWAYS welsh their bets, especially against Laker fans.

Another reason why it won't work. Usually what happens is the loser takes a vacation so other posters won't remember what happened.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
depends on health. They're within striking distance

Still maintain this
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
I Bleed P&G wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Telleris wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Small gentle reminder to think about terms we use before using them. Terms like "welsh" are actually ethnic slurs...
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Who is making it out of the West then?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Who is making it out of the West then?

Thunder.

I'd pick the Spurs above them but the Kawhi thing is iffy to me.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Wino wrote:
I Bleed P&G wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Telleris wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Small gentle reminder to think about terms we use before using them. Terms like "welsh" are actually ethnic slurs...

Well, I am around 25% Welsh and I'm not worried about it.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:27 am    Post subject:

Houston Rockets vs. Celtics
Rockets in 5.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Wino wrote:
I Bleed P&G wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Telleris wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

That may explain why you aren’t worried about it, but not why you won’t think about it.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Wino wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Wino wrote:
I Bleed P&G wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Telleris wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

That may explain why you aren’t worried about it, but not why you won’t think about it.

whatever mang!
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject:

Warriors should be able to get to the Finals even if Steph isn't 100%. The Rockets are a D'Antoni led team, they'll collapse and won't make it to the Finals.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject:

if Warriors are healthy I dont give anyone else a chance against them at all...
2 MVP level players
4 players among best 20 basketball players on the planet
3 of the best shooters in the league
a DPOY level player
a 6th man of the year level player
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
Warriors should be able to get to the Finals even if Steph isn't 100%. The Rockets are a D'Antoni led team, they'll collapse and won't make it to the Finals.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
ReaListik wrote:

I’m scared OKC can beat them and use that to convince PG to stay
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Wino wrote:
I Bleed P&G wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Telleris wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I am an old fart but I didn’t know that was a slur. Then again, I don’t believe that I have ever used that term.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: