OFFICIAL Alex The Pope Caruso Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 130, 131, 132  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

Hope he gets minutes now that Hart broke his hand.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject:

He only has about 3 days left on his 2way contract IIRC.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
He only has about 3 days left on his 2way contract IIRC.

Yep. I posted in the Corey Brewer thread I wonder if that meant anything for Caruso or what their thoughts are. Because yeah, his NBA time is almost up.
Trevacious2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Keep him! And see if Matt Thomas can be lured back from Spain.
DK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Was this (Cavs) his last game under the two way? Asking for a friend who doesn't want to see any more Ennis.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Iirc, he and Randle were the only 2 Lakers who defended LeBron 1 on 1 and stopped him from finishing at the rim. His defense is underrated. If he ever became a semi reliable shooter, he'd be extremely valuable. I hope he has an NBA contract next year.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Iirc, he and Randle were the only 2 Lakers who defended LeBron 1 on 1 and stopped him from finishing at the rim. His defense is underrated. If he ever became a semi reliable shooter, he'd be extremely valuable. I hope he has an NBA contract next year.

Yup. The CGOAT did good. I hope we can keep him but regardless of what happens there I hope he can find a space in the league.

(Actually I'm watching the TV broadcast of the game and Kuz just had a nice stop on LeBron but LBJ got the bogus superstar foul call We booed mightily on that call...)
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject:

I think Magic wants very much to keep him out of the salary cap arithmetic this summer by keeping him 2-way through March 24 when the GLeague season is done. I think he's got an inside track at a roster spot and NBA contract next season, though.

Yeah, that sequence to end the first half - Lebron on Caruso one on one, and Caruso STOPPED him. Great D my man.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
I think Magic wants very much to keep him out of the salary cap arithmetic this summer by keeping him 2-way through March 24 when the GLeague season is done. I think he's got an inside track at a roster spot and NBA contract next season, though.

Yeah, that sequence to end the first half - Lebron on Caruso one on one, and Caruso STOPPED him. Great D my man.

Lebron saw his hairline and decided to take it easy on him.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

Lebron saw his hairline and decided to take it easy on him.

Lebron should not be taking pity on anyone else’s hairline
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject:

CARUGOAT
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject:

He is such an "under the radar" type player. Does not physically resemble what one would imagine a basketball player would look like, however he is most definitely an NBA talent. Very intelligent, calm and consistent. I'm a big fan. Would love to keep him as part of our bench unit.
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

So... I don't know if Caruso had a practice day with the Lakers between the ORL and CLE games, but he's either got one day or no days left on his 45-day limit of his 2-way contract.

Interestingly enough... Caruso's in the Laker team picture taken today: https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/973255866974535682

Wear (10 day from 3/2) is also in the picture... but Derrick Williams (10 day from 3/9) is not. Payton II is the Lakers' other 2-way player... but he's not in the picture.

I wonder if Caruso actually made the roster and got a normal NBA contract (and the team waived Williams to make roster space)?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

cmonkee wrote:
So... I don't know if Caruso had a practice day with the Lakers between the ORL and CLE games, but he's either got one day or no days left on his 45-day limit of his 2-way contract.

Interestingly enough... Caruso's in the Laker team picture taken today: https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/973255866974535682

Wear (10 day from 3/2) is also in the picture... but Derrick Williams (10 day from 3/9) is not. Payton II is the Lakers' other 2-way player... but he's not in the picture.

I wonder if Caruso actually made the roster and got a normal NBA contract (and the team waived Williams to make roster space)?

They need to waive him or Ennis or someone and keep the GOAT 🐐
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Well CaruGOAT - if this was your last game on the 2-way, I hope we can work something out so you can stay with us going forward.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Caruso with the touch pass
tgi_friyay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:56 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Well CaruGOAT - if this was your last game on the 2-way, I hope we can work something out so you can stay with us going forward.

Can we cut Ennis and sign Caruso for the remainder of the season?
incontrol__
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:04 am    Post subject:

I would be very surprised if Caruso weren't in our plans moving forward.

The problem with converting him and waiving Ennis this season is that I believe it removes about 500k~ from our capspace for next season.

Consider our cap situation and imagine, for the sake of argument, that we were fortunate enough to move Deng at the draft to a team for some combo of:

Quote:
Cleveland First Round Pick
Bulls 2019 Second Round Pick
5.1 Million in Cash

(Bulls would be a potential option here)

Now, what does our cap situation look like:

Quote:
12,450m - Randle*Caphold
7,462m - Lonzo
5,757m Ingram
1,690m Kuzma
1,665m Hart
1,545m Zubac*Non-Guaranteed
1,378m Bryant*Non-Guaranteed
4,980m -- 6 x 830k Roster Holds

36,917m - Total

Capspace: 64,083m (assuming 101M cap)

How much do we need to sign George + Lebron (purely hypothetical, we all know the long odds of this scenario)?

63,990m (George: 30.3m) + (Lebron: 35.35m) - 1.66 (2 x 830k roster holds)

----

To my understanding, if we sign Caruso right now (for the rest of his 2-way) he would be on our cap for 1,378m (Minimum salary, Year 2) next year instead of having a minimum salary spot in that slot.

Remember how we had to waive Nwaba (with the hopes nobody would pick him up) so that we had room for KCP? The extra hundreds of thousands matter, whether it's logical or not.

Basically, if we sign Caruso we lose 500k in capspace, which whilst seemingly trivial still factors into the equations.

-----------

You could certainly make an argument that losing Caruso hurts our chances right now of winning (due to Ennis + Caruso showing himself as a potentially valuable backup/3rd string player), and thus makes us a less desirable destination. Also that it arguably forces us to either play worse players or play our players even heavier minutes.

Viable argument, and unfortunate that we've suffered so many injuries to key rotational players of late so as to make that the case, but there is legitimate positions on both sides, I tend to think.
tgi_friyay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:07 am    Post subject:

incontrol__ wrote:

The problem with converting him and waiving Ennis this season is that I believe it removes about 500k~ from our capspace for next season.

Consider our cap situation and imagine, for the sake of argument, that we were fortunate enough to move Deng at the draft to a team for some combo of:

Quote:
5.1 Million in Cash

Quote:
12,450m - Randle*Caphold
7,462m - Lonzo
5,757m Ingram
1,690m Kuzma
1,665m Hart

36,917m - Total

How much do we need to sign George + Lebron (purely hypothetical, we all know the long odds of this scenario)?

----

To my understanding, if we sign Caruso right now (for the rest of his 2-way) he would be on our cap for 1,378m (Minimum salary, Year 2) next year instead of having a minimum salary spot in that slot.

Remember how we had to waive Nwaba (with the hopes nobody would pick him up) so that we had room for KCP? The extra hundreds of thousands matter, whether it's logical or not.

Basically, if we sign Caruso we lose 500k in capspace, which whilst seemingly trivial still factors into the equations.

-----------

You could certainly make an argument that losing Caruso hurts our chances right now of winning (due to Ennis + Caruso showing himself as a potentially valuable backup/3rd string player), and thus makes us a less desirable destination. Also that it arguably forces us to either play worse players or play our players even heavier minutes.

Viable argument, and unfortunate that we've suffered so many injuries to key rotational players of late so as to make that the case, but there is legitimate positions on both sides, I tend to think.

That was very informative. Thank you!
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
cmonkee wrote:

They need to waive him or Ennis or someone and keep the GOAT 🐐
by Ennis.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject:

incontrol__ wrote:

Quote:
5.1 Million in Cash

Quote:
12,450m - Randle*Caphold
7,462m - Lonzo
5,757m Ingram
1,690m Kuzma
1,665m Hart

36,917m - Total

----

-----------

whatever FO...lol. figure it out. Get me the goatRuso and get rid of ennis. either this season or next.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Posted by Lakers Twitter account about 1/2 hour ago

. @ ACFresh21 #LakeShow (video of Caruso in Tweet)

https://twitter.com/lakers/status/974080249913794560?s=21

Hmmmm 🤔
DK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Caruso available tonight Vs. Mavs per Mike Trudell.

More Caruso, less Ennis hopefully for the Lakers. And my anger therapy.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject:

^Mavs are like oh (bleep) the Bald Eagle is coming for us.

And he is, free Caruso!
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Caruso is the Stabilizer

When he came in in the third we went from iffy to calm and full of energy

We need him on the team! And he needs to play!

I didn't catch the fourth quarter though. looking at the comments he must have done something bad
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 130, 131, 132  Next
Page 25 of 132
Jump to: