https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3dH7nedN-M

T-city saying they're shooting for him and Holloway on UFC 226 card

Stipe/DC
Possibly Holloway/Ortega
Possibly DJ/TJ
Possibly Cyborg/Nunez
Possibly Rockhold/Bisping

15/10 MUST BUY

BIG BROWN! That card is sick...if they choose to stack it. There's still 224 and 225 they have to fill too. If they stack 226, those two are going to be a-w-f-u-l.

very true JB!

Of the 4 not confirmed, I think at most they can put 2 of them to spread the love around

223 is a really good card too. Some interesting fights and of course, the one I've been forever for...Tony vs Khabib.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

Stipe/DC
Possibly Holloway/Ortega
Possibly DJ/TJ
Possibly Cyborg/Nunez

15/10 MUST BUY

BIG BROWN! That card is sick...if they choose to stack it. There's still 224 and 225 they have to fill too. If they stack 226, those two are going to be a-w-f-u-l.

very true JB!

Of the 4 not confirmed, I think at most they can put 2 of them to spread the love around

223 is a really good card too. Some interesting fights and of course, the one I've been forever for...Tony vs Khabib.

Killer about the UFC shows for me, personally, is that the artist that I work with got a residency on the first Saturday of every month. That’s why I always come in late with my reactions. Thanks God y’all hold it down so well for me. But one of these days, I’d like to catch one live. You guys know any good spots to watch one? None of my friends or family or into MMA so I can’t split the bill.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

Stipe/DC
Possibly Holloway/Ortega
Possibly DJ/TJ
Possibly Cyborg/Nunez

15/10 MUST BUY

very true JB!

Killer about the UFC shows for me, personally, is that the artist that I work with got a residency on the first Saturday of every month. That’s why I always come in late with my reactions. Thanks God y’all hold it down so well for me. But one of these days, I’d like to catch one live. You guys know any good spots to watch one? None of my friends or family or into MMA so I can’t split the bill.

Dude, I almost always go to Classic Q in Irvine. $10 cover but it's a spacious spot, decent food, super clean pool hall/restaurant/bar. Tilted Kilt in Anaheim is free (I think all the Kitls are) but it gets packed pretty quick. Big's in Fullerton is pretty good too. I probably watch the vast majority at a sports bar. Come through dude. I'm out in Westminster now so most of the OC spots along the 57 I've stopped going to. I was at Gaslamp in Long Beach last weekend and it was a pretty good spot. I'm 100% going to catch 223 somewhere too.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the tips on spots, JB!!

Making an event live is a must so I’m freaking bummed that I have to catch 223 after the fact as per usual. I live in Downey now but getting out to the OC is never a problem. Especially if that Classic Q spot is what you’ve detailed. I will always take a clean and spacious spot if the food is decent.

Is Gaslamp still doing live music? I had no idea they televise sports. It used to be a csulb frat/sorority spot so I’ve never gone.

But I’ll definitely hit you up if/when I’m free to catch one. I usually watch them on my phone the morning after with headphones on. Haha.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

just googled Classic Q and it seems like they really cater to the UFC crowd. They even had a headline about Holloway being out for 222 lol

I'm gonna see if there are any movie theaters that show UFC. Bars and restaurants can be really nice to watch as long as there aren't any belligerent drunks and it's not so crowded that you can't see/hear.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
just googled Classic Q and it seems like they really cater to the UFC crowd. They even had a headline about Holloway being out for 222 lol

I'm gonna see if there are any movie theaters that show UFC. Bars and restaurants can be really nice to watch as long as there aren't any belligerent drunks and it's not so crowded that you can't see/hear.

I hear ya brotha. I’m all about dat happy drunk life. Sauced up belligerents are the worst. All about the chill, good times. Especially if I’m flying solo.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

I hear ya brotha. I’m all about dat happy drunk life. Sauced up belligerents are the worst. All about the chill, good times. Especially if I’m flying solo.

yessir! that's the only reason Ive never really gone to watch at a bar. If you and JB go let me so I can see if I can meet yall down there!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

yessir! that's the only reason Ive never really gone to watch at a bar. If you and JB go let me so I can see if I can meet yall down there!

That would be real cool. Definitely down.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

Woodley said he's training Floyd y'all!

http://fightnetwork.com/news/6648854:tyron-woodley-on-training-mayweather-for-ufc-debut-canelos-failed-drug-test/

'Tis lit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

UFC working on Romero/Whittaker 2 for the title at 225 in Chicago.

Blaydes vs Overeem already booked for 225

also Stephens/Aldo in works for 225
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

http://fightnetwork.com/news/6648854:tyron-woodley-on-training-mayweather-for-ufc-debut-canelos-failed-drug-test/

'Tis lit

CM Punk beware!!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
UFC working on Romero/Whittaker 2 for the title at 225 in Chicago.

Blaydes vs Overeem already booked for 225

also Stephens/Aldo in works for 225

That ain't bad. Not bad at all!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

That would be real cool. Definitely down.

I pretty much hit up a sports bar for every UFC PPV. Usually it's with my cousin and/or my homie. I'll check in to see if y'all are down when 223 rolls around in 4 weeks.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

'Tis lit

CM Punk beware!!

you saw that Joe Rogan convo lol
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:32 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

'Tis lit

CM Punk beware!!

you saw that Joe Rogan convo lol

Haha. Yep. It's really the ONLY fight that makes sense if May wants to make a go of it just to say he did it. Two noobs with huge names that will bring in the mass average-Joe PPV's that a spectacle like that creates.

But I'm with JB. Feed the winner to Cyborg.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject:

What weight do y'all think Floyd and CM would meet at?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Whatever Floyd wants and agrees to.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

bahahahahaaha so true!
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

bahahahahaaha so true!

It's the only fight that can salvage any use of CM Punk's previous marketability and intrigue so yeah, just as it is in boxing, I think everything gets tailored to Floyd's desire, down to the jot and tittle.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

bahahahahaaha so true!

It's the only fight that can salvage any use of CM Punk's previous marketability and intrigue so yeah, just as it is in boxing, I think everything gets tailored to Floyd's desire, down to the jot and tittle.

Do you see any scenario where Floyd institutes special rule set?

The rumor with Conor was that his rules would be to stand up after 15 sec on the ground or something lol. I think against Punk he'd agreed to fight straight up
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Quote:

Yes, I do think that's a possibility. Well at the very least, a strong attempt by his camp. It's what I was trying to imply with the "down to the jot and tittle" line. You know Dana is going to be strongly opposed but damn, that would be a lot of money so who knows?

The rumor with Conor was that his rules would be to stand up after 15 sec on the ground or something lol. I think against Punk he'd agreed to fight straight up

That's hilarious. 15 seconds on the ground and Floyd may never look the same again. It would be a bludgeoning barrage of elbows.

CM Punk is like what, 6'2"? It would be funny to see Punk looking to shoot from a distance.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject:

Agreed, Dana would be opposed but in the end he would cave. This new era of UFC is far more about spectacle than competition.

It's gonna be so funny to see that fight cuz I didn't realize how tall CM punk was haha.

Punk is also a Gracie jits guy like Ronda was (although clearly not at her level). That would be his best bet. Shoot in for the double leg even if you have to take a punch or two.

Or like Shaub said, just army crawl over to him and grab his legs
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Quote:

Yes, I do think that's a possibility. Well at the very least, a strong attempt by his camp. It's what I was trying to imply with the "down to the jot and tittle" line. You know Dana is going to be strongly opposed but damn, that would be a lot of money so who knows?

That's hilarious. 15 seconds on the ground and Floyd may never look the same again. It would be a bludgeoning barrage of elbows.

CM Punk is like what, 6'2"? It would be funny to see Punk looking to shoot from a distance.

I'd army crawl across the ring.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Or like Shaub said, just army crawl over to him and grab his legs

jonnybravo wrote:

I'd army crawl across the ring.

Talk about a spectacle. Floyd would just dance around until the final bell.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject:

bahahaha the memes would never die!

Can you kick a downed opponent in the ribs? Are only kicks to the head banned on the ground?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 424, 425, 426 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 425 of 499
Jump to: