Breakthrough in Nano-tech/Medical Field - device heals organs with a single touch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Breakthrough in Nano-tech/Medical Field - device heals organs with a single touch

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170807120530.htm

Guys this is next level. Reminds me of those futuristic movies where someone gets a big cut and the medic just sprays them with something and bam..they're healed in a matter of hours or mins.

Quote:
...This is difficult to imagine, but it is achievable, successfully working about 98 percent of the time. With this technology, we can convert skin cells into elements of any organ with just one touch. This process only takes less than a second and is non-invasive, and then you're off. The chip does not stay with you, and the reprogramming of the cell starts. Our technology keeps the cells in the body under immune surveillance, so immune suppression is not necessary," said Sen, who also is executive director of Ohio State's Comprehensive Wound Center.

TNT technology has two major components: First is a nanotechnology-based chip designed to deliver cargo to adult cells in the live body. Second is the design of specific biological cargo for cell conversion. This cargo, when delivered using the chip, converts an adult cell from one type to another, said first author Daniel Gallego-Perez, an assistant professor of biomedical engineering and general surgery who also was a postdoctoral researcher in both Sen's and Lee's laboratories.

TNT doesn't require any laboratory-based procedures and may be implemented at the point of care. The procedure is also non-invasive. The cargo is delivered by zapping the device with a small electrical charge that's barely felt by the patient.

"The concept is very simple," Lee said. "As a matter of fact, we were even surprised how it worked so well. In my lab, we have ongoing research trying to understand the mechanism and do even better. So, this is the beginning, more to come."......
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Here's the full paper on nature.com , for those who have access through university/college
http://www.nature.com/nnano/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nnano.2017.134.html
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject:

Future is here... Can't help thinking what would happened if the nano-robot malfunction while in the body and turn every cell into liver cell/skin cells slowly (can't retrieve malfunctioned nano-robot, too small to fish out)
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Future is here... Can't help thinking what would happened if the nano-robot malfunction while in the body and turn every cell into liver cell/skin cells slowly (can't retrieve malfunctioned nano-robot, too small to fish out)
seeeee...there you go messing it up. I had all happy thoughts. Now you have me scared. what if????
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Doubt any real breakthroughs get FDA approval here in the States as Big Pharm and Diabetes, Cancer and Heart related biotechs are in bed with the government to continue making billions. They ain't about to give all that gross revenue up without a fight.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Doubt any real breakthroughs get FDA approval here in the States as Big Pharm and Diabetes, Cancer and Heart related biotechs are in bed with the government to continue making billions. They ain't about to give all that gross revenue up without a fight.

They'll buy these biotech start ups. Monopoly is allowed
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

They'll buy these biotech start ups. Monopoly is allowed
yep.
Buy it, find out how to tone it down a bit so it wont completely heal you or it will take much longer and their excuse will be "well now its affordable."

I use to work for a company that was in bed with the govnt. they use to send us memos called something like "on the hill." meaning capital hill. Now that doesnt sound too bad. Until you read the memo and notice they are low key trying to convince their workers to speak to their elected officials and voter a certain way to help the company out. knowing full well most people dont pay extreme attention to detail. most people would just assume "well if i help my company, i will help myself keep a job and get paid more one day..right? right? WRONG. there is no guarantee when you're just a worker bee and that goes for engineers and scientists as well. I've seen it with my own eyes.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Nice idea, but doesn't beat the time somebody said they could avoid open heart surgery with acupuncture.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:59 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

A 2nd liver, where do I sign up?
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Nice idea, but doesn't beat the time somebody said they could avoid open heart surgery with acupuncture.

ROFLNaturopathy.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

Gives me ideas for what type of stocks to invest in
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Star Trek level.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: