Spurs 20 year road-winning streak comes to an end-- 50+ regular season wins streak next?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject: Spurs 20 year road-winning streak comes to an end-- 50+ regular season wins streak next?

The Spurs are finally starting to implode after all these years... With tonight's loss to the Rockets, they can only lose two more games before their 50+ regular season wins streak is gone as well. They're currently the tenth seed and could even miss the playoffs.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:45 am    Post subject:

(bleep) the spurs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject:

oh man, I really hope they fall in the pit of NBA irrelevance for 20+ years. I absolutely hate them.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

I don't hate them at all! They did it right and made a 20 year dynasty.

Instead of wasting there late first round and second round picks on low ceiling triangle fit guys like Luke Walton, Brian Cook and Madsen, they went out and drafted project guys like Parker and Manu who carried them when their vets got older.

The Lakers squandered so many picks! It was a shame and it kneecapped our 3 peat team. Then we traded away more picks for freaking ancient Steve Nash. I know the "Basketball Reasons" had a lot to do with that desperation move. Thank goodness we have now made good on most of our recent picks! We have finally restored that portion of our front office.

In addition they have had the same coach who has run the same system the entire time instead of having about 2 million coaches plus Phil Jackson like we had.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject:

I hate them, but I respect them.
What they did during that 20-year run was nothing short of formidable.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
I don't hate them at all! They did it right and made a 20 year dynasty.

Instead of wasting there late first round and second round picks on low ceiling triangle fit guys like Luke Walton, Brian Cook and Madsen, they went out and drafted project guys like Parker and Manu who carried them when their vets got older.

The Lakers squandered so many picks! It was a shame and it kneecapped our 3 peat team. Then we traded away more picks for freaking ancient Steve Nash. I know the "Basketball Reasons" had a lot to do with that desperation move. Thank goodness we have now made good on most of our recent picks! We have finally restored that portion of our front office.

In addition they have had the same coach who has run the same system the entire time instead of having about 2 million coaches plus Phil Jackson like we had.

Eh. We didn't really squander a lot of picks. OUr overall record based on where we drafted was pretty good. Luke, for a mid-second round pick, was great. The Spurs, however, were out of the world in terms of their drafting. You could argue they have the best record for getting guys late in the first round and second round than any team in NBA history: George Hill, Goran Dragic, Tiago Splitter, Parker, Manu, Leandro Barbosa, Luis Scola,
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

They usually drafted the good Euro players unlike the Knicks....
Lucky for them Phil got Porky.
richsmith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject:

I hated the Spurs in the rivalry days (0.4 is still one of the all-time great Laker moments) but since neither of us are really competing for the title anymore, I've come to appreciate and respect them. Especially Pop. The man is a legend, in my mind as much for his off-the-court fearlessness as his stellar coaching record. Once the Spurs finally fade into irrelevance, the old bastard should run for office.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject:

come home Kawhi...
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Off Topic Reminder.....Everyone Welcome.....Be Sure to Complete Your NCAA Tournament Bracket!!

When can I complete my bracket?
--After the field is announced on Selection Sunday (March 11th) @ 3:00 PM (Pacific Time) on TBS.

When does my bracket have to be completed?
-- Edits can be made up to an hour before the fist game tips off on Thursday, March 15th @ 9:00 AM (Pacific Time).

How many brackets can I complete?
-- One

What is the Group link?
-- LINK to Yahoo Tourney Pick'em LakersGround page.

What is the Group password?
-- 8Kobe24

**Note**
When you're setting up your bracket, be sure to unselect the "show personal email" box, and make sure your bracket is listed under a username (prefer your LG ID), and not the name on your birth certificate.

Visit the LG Thread - http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=184446&start=0
Hawkins
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject:

4 straight wins, Kawhi is still out and now in 5th place. Still a tough schedule left. The 18 year 50 game record is gone but LA is carrying them and Manu looks and plays great for a 40 year old. If Leonard plays, they could be a force.
Out of the playffs now seems in doubt. Pop and Buford to their credit have accomplished something. Can you imagine a major market NBA team duplicating this?
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

I cry myself to sleep each night grieving about the very slow decline of the Spurs.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject:

COME ON DOWN WITH US SAN ANTONIO! WE ALL MISS THE PLAYOFFS DOWN HERE!

!...
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject:

If the Spurs end up in the Rockets bracket with a healthy Kawhi, then the Rockets are going home early. For better or for worse, LaMarcus Aldridge tends to light up Houston in the playoffs and if Kawhi is there to guard Harden, then there's no chance for Houston.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject:

The Spurs were good guys. Hard to hate. Not thugs like the Trailblazers or trash-talkers like the Kings. The fans weren't over the top with Beat L.A. chants or cowbells.

Bruce Bowen was a dirty player but he was just a footnote in a great story about a coach and a core group of guys who got along and were boring but got the job done. They had a nice run as top 5 West team for over 15 years.

Plus, S.A. is actually a very lovely city. I'd like to move there someday.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
If the Spurs end up in the Rockets bracket with a healthy Kawhi, then the Rockets are going home early. For better or for worse, LaMarcus Aldridge tends to light up Houston in the playoffs and if Kawhi is there to guard Harden, then there's no chance for Houston.

Nah. CP3 is a Spurs killer.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:11 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
diando wrote:

Nah. CP3 is a Spurs killer.

As long as it's in the 1st round, sure.

(I'll probably regret that comment when he breaks the jinx and they at least get to the WCF this season.)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: