Please Delete This Post Anniversary Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1860, 1861, 1862 ... 2023, 2024, 2025  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

20,000 wrote:
IPK wrote:
Give them an allowance that will cover their bills. Problem solved.

Please don't delete this post.

PDDTP?
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject:

pizza hut just did a company-wide price hike and eliminated their $6.00 for 3-topping medium coupon

RIP pizza hut you were fun
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject:

It now costs an extra $1 for pan. RIP America.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Getting that nfl paper will switch up yer switching. Things get different asap rocky.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:13 am    Post subject:

IPK wrote:
20,000 wrote:
IPK wrote:

PDDTP?

Anniversary Edition
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:14 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
pizza hut just did a company-wide price hike and eliminated their $6.00 for 3-topping medium coupon

RIP pizza hut you were fun

For some reason my fiancee likes getting Domino's. I will say they are much better than what they used to be, but still not quality pie.

But still way better than Pizza Hut and Papa John's. Last time I ate PH, I swear the crust was tasting sweet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject:

I just can't do any of those places unless I can't even see my sobriety in the rear view mirror.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
I just can't do any of those places unless I can't even see my sobriety in the rear view mirror.

Eh, unless I make it myself or eat it in a foreign country, I can't find good pizza much anymore.
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

You ah pie maker? Revisit this question tomorrow.
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

20,000 wrote:
IPK wrote:
20,000 wrote:
IPK wrote:

PDDTP?

Anniversary Edition

Bring a wallet and some lettuce.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

It's really not that hard to make pizza. Do you have access to flour, water, yeast, cheese, and the ingredients for a decent tomato sauce? If so, then congratulations, you can make pizza.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
It's really not that hard to make pizza. Do you have access to flour, water, yeast, cheese, and the ingredients for a decent tomato sauce? If so, then congratulations, you can make pizza.

I make it easier. I skip the sauce and do olive oil instead.

I also have a pizza stone that makes things nice
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

IPK wrote:
You ah pie maker? Revisit this question tomorrow.

I see what you did there
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject:

IPK wrote:
20,000 wrote:
IPK wrote:
20,000 wrote:
IPK wrote:

PDDTP?

Anniversary Edition

Bring a wallet and some lettuce.

I don't see what you did there.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:

Every couple months I will get the urge and make a bunch of different pizzas for some occasion or another.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

OK, toppings of choice?

I like spinach and banana peppers and sometimes jalapenos. Red peppers, red onions, onions, and a few other things here and there, but mostly the top two.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

20,000 wrote:
OK, toppings of choice?

I like spinach and banana peppers and sometimes jalapenos. Red peppers, red onions, onions, and a few other things here and there, but mostly the top two.

You want to consider cook time when deciding your toppings and how to prepare them. Thick crusts can handle moisture laden veggies like tomatoes and mushrooms, and larger cuts of onions, olives and various peppers because they take longer to bake. I like thin crust, but they cook faster, so I use thinner cuts or pre-cook the veggies.

That's right, I said I pre-cook the veggies!

Mushrooms just taste better cooked and seasoned, as do onions, jalapenos, bell peppers and the like. Pickled or prepared foods like banana peppers, pepperoncinis and olives are better raw because they heat up just enough during baking. Spinach too, although I will usually put it under the cheese so it doesn't dry out.

My pizza:

Dough: ALton Brown's Pizza Dough Recipe. I get cute playing with 00 flour and adding herbs to the flour before mixing, but Alton Brown is a good place to start.

Sauce: I want it to be tomato forward with enough salt, garlic and herbs to enhance the tomato, but not overwhelm it. You can make your own from scratch or used canned, but I've been on a San Marzano kick that I am pretty happy with. Take a big can of the whole tomatoes, mash em up using a potato masher and then press it gently through a fine mesh sieve, discarding the stems and skin. Heat a little olive oil in a pan over medium heat, add some finely chopped shallots, cooking until translucent. Then add finely minced garlic cooking for 30 seconds until you can just smell it cooking. Remove it from the heat, and once cool add it to the tomato "juice" with salt, cracked black pepper, and a little bit of crushed red peppers.

Assembly: Stretch the room temperature dough by hand on a floured surface, and move to a floured pizza peel or the back of a sheet pan. Brush the outside edge with olive oil and add a ladle of sauce to the middle, spreading outward to about 1/2 an inch from the edge. Place fresh basil on the sauce and then thin slices of spicy capicola over the basil (only for the carnivores, obviously). Add cheese that you like - mozzarella and provolone for me. Then add your toppings - cooked mushrooms, cooked red bell peppers, diced kalamata olives, and cashews, then some freshly grated parmesan cheese over everything including the crust edges. I like to have a small taste of everything in each bite, but not piled high, that's what thick crust is for. Also, mind your flavor balance. My toppings include a lot of salt, so I trim a bit in other areas.

Cook: Put the pizza stone in the oven and pre-heat to 500 or higher. Slide in your assembled pizza quickly so that you lose as little heat as possible. Cook until the crust browns and the cheese melts, then remove and let it rest and cool a bit. Drizzle with a bit of EVO, sprinkle with chopped basil, slice with a pizza slicer and serve with a cold, crisp beer.
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject:

dat recipe epic no matter how you slice it
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
20,000 wrote:
OK, toppings of choice?

You want to consider cook time when deciding your toppings and how to prepare them. Thick crusts can handle moisture laden veggies like tomatoes and mushrooms, and larger cuts of onions, olives and various peppers because they take longer to bake. I like thin crust, but they cook faster, so I use thinner cuts or pre-cook the veggies.

Mushrooms just taste better cooked and seasoned, as do onions, jalapenos, bell peppers and the like. Pickled or prepared foods like banana peppers, pepperoncinis and olives are better raw because they heat up just enough during baking. Spinach too, although I will usually put it under the cheese so it doesn't dry out.

My pizza:

Dough: ALton Brown's Pizza Dough Recipe. I get cute playing with 00 flour and adding herbs to the flour before mixing, but Alton Brown is a good place to start.

Sauce: I want it to be tomato forward with enough salt, garlic and herbs to enhance the tomato, but not overwhelm it. You can make your own from scratch or used canned, but I've been on a San Marzano kick that I am pretty happy with. Take a big can of the whole tomatoes, mash em up using a potato masher and then press it gently through a fine mesh sieve, discarding the stems and skin. Heat a little olive oil in a pan over medium heat, add some finely chopped shallots, cooking until translucent. Then add finely minced garlic cooking for 30 seconds until you can just smell it cooking. Remove it from the heat, and once cool add it to the tomato "juice" with salt, cracked black pepper, and a little bit of crushed red peppers.

Assembly: Stretch the room temperature dough by hand on a floured surface, and move to a floured pizza peel or the back of a sheet pan. Brush the outside edge with olive oil and add a ladle of sauce to the middle, spreading outward to about 1/2 an inch from the edge. Place fresh basil on the sauce and then thin slices of spicy capicola over the basil (only for the carnivores, obviously). Add cheese that you like - mozzarella and provolone for me. Then add your toppings - cooked mushrooms, cooked red bell peppers, diced kalamata olives, and cashews, then some freshly grated parmesan cheese over everything including the crust edges. I like to have a small taste of everything in each bite, but not piled high, that's what thick crust is for. Also, mind your flavor balance. My toppings include a lot of salt, so I trim a bit in other areas.

Cook: Put the pizza stone in the oven and pre-heat to 500 or higher. Slide in your assembled pizza quickly so that you lose as little heat as possible. Cook until the crust browns and the cheese melts, then remove and let it rest and cool a bit. Drizzle with a bit of EVO, sprinkle with chopped basil, slice with a pizza slicer and serve with a cold, crisp beer.

tldr.

bread+sauces+cheez+stuff into oven. cook. done.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
20,000 wrote:
OK, toppings of choice?

My pizza:

tldr.

Just for you!
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:

Sure I could take the 2-3 hours to shop, wash and cut produce, then mix, knead, roll, and toss the dough myself, grate the cheese, bake, and clean up, I love making pizza, it's great. But time doesn't always allow. In a span of just 30 minutes, I could input my toppings in a browser window, drive a mile, slap 6 bucks (RIP) down onto a counter, grab my ready-to-eat sodium bomb, drive back, and then pig out sloppily where only god can judge me.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
rwongega wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
20,000 wrote:
OK, toppings of choice?

My pizza:

tldr.

Just for you!

Don't knock Lunchables. They are delicious.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Thin crust pizza is like sex with a condom. Ain’t nothing wrong with it, but it ain’t the real deal.
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:42 am    Post subject:

π don't know what to say...
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:56 am    Post subject:

IPK wrote:
π don't know what to say...

Do you at least get it?

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1860, 1861, 1862 ... 2023, 2024, 2025  Next
Page 1861 of 2025
Jump to: