The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1382, 1383, 1384 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

Just checked the Nets cap space. They have $84mil commited without resigning Joe Harris this summer and they'll have Lin/Whitehead off the book in 2019 ($14mil combined)... They can offer Randle $16-17mil/yr
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Just checked the Nets cap space. They have $84mil commited without resigning Joe Harris this summer and they'll have Lin/Whitehead off the book in 2019 ($14mil combined)... They can offer Randle $16-17mil/yr

this the only other place I will allow to have my son

anywhere else and hands will be thrown expeditiously

unfortunately Joe Harris kinda decent at the shooty hoops and they might need to look into holding on to him
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
MJST wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Randle is the 1st option on this team. Green is the 4th option on golden state. Give randle Durant steph curry and klay Thompson to pass to, and almost no offensive responsibilities, and let's see not only what type of scorer he could be, but also what kind of defender he could be, It's pretty easy to be a good defender when you have to exert almost no energy on offense. It's also pretty easy to score 10 points per game and dish out 7 assists per game when your only role is on offense is to clean up the garbage and pass to some of the best shooters in the league who are running off of curls or spotting up in transition. We may very well get to see what Randle looks like in the green role next year if we shine both Le Bron and George while retaining Randle.

I will say this too - Green in this team, and maybe even on golden State given the chance, could not have pulled off last night what Randle did against lebron.

I'm also thinking that nobody here would trade Randle to Golden State for Draymond Green and go "we've definitely got the better player".

Randle is far far far ahead of Draymond at the same age. The fact there's even competition as to who's the better defender says a lot about where Randle is 5 years younger than Draymond.

Maybe not delusional Laker fans but the rest of the world would definitely say that.

the rest of the world also told bynum he shouldn't shoot threes too

AND DEY WAS WRONG

It is sad that even now Bynum’s intelligence is misunderstood. He is the only player I ever saw out mind gaming Phil Jackson.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
governator wrote:

unfortunately Joe Harris kinda decent at the shooty hoops and they might need to look into holding on to him

Yeah, I'm worried they'll jump on Randle on day 1 of FA while we're waiting for LAbron and not able to trade Deng to save Randle
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
governator wrote:

Yeah, I'm worried they'll jump on Randle on day 1 of FA while we're waiting for LAbron and not able to trade Deng to save Randle

But why would Jules do that? He shares the same PG13 agent so I think they will coordinate if PG13 is coming to LA.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject:

No way in hell Jules goes to Brooklyn. As I've said before, Jules wants to be in a place where he can start winning some games. Losing has bothered him more than anybody else that was on this team the past few years. The Nets are going to be a dumpster fire for at least another 3 seasons.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
governator wrote:

But why would Jules do that? He shares the same PG13 agent so I think they will coordinate if PG13 is coming to LA.

What if LAbron make the Lakers wait after PG sign with us?Randle's agent gonna tell him not to sign with Nets and wait for Lakers to find trading partner for Deng (assuming Lakers will do it before LAbron decide)?
By the way Nets have guards/wings and center around Randle's age, they need a starting PF
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
No way in hell Jules goes to Brooklyn. As I've said before, Jules wants to be in a place where he can start winning some games. Losing has bothered him more than anybody else that was on this team the past few years. The Nets are going to be a dumpster fire for at least another 3 seasons.

I think Nets will be ok b/c they have a great coach.

Otherwise I agree. Jules isn't joining Dallas to watch another farewell tour (this time for Dirk), and hope that the draft pick and DSJ pan out in 3 years.

He's poised to start winning actual games that matter.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
governator wrote:

What if LAbron make the Lakers wait after PG sign with us?Randle's agent gonna tell him not to sign with Nets and wait for Lakers to find trading partner for Deng (assuming Lakers will do it before LAbron decide)?
By the way Nets have guards/wings and center around Randle's age, they need a starting PF

Sure. If the Lakers say they will give him what he's worth and hold off.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/alex_regla09/status/973544607748259843?s=21

Disclaimer: small sample size.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

I think it was Bob Dylan who said "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows"
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:

the nets main problem is that they suffer from extreme levels of softivity in the paintular region

they one julius randle away from mid 30s wins this season
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Fake news, these are all minutes when Zubac is on the floor

But seriously, kudos to Julius (and IT) for making the post-trade-deadline 1000% more entertaining than I would've thought it'd be.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
governator wrote:

Julius has his family to take care of, not his agent’s. He will do what is best for him. Just as I wouldn’t expect his agent to hold the George situation against the Lakers.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
governator wrote:

Julius has his family to take care of, not his agent’s. He will do what is best for him. Just as I wouldn’t expect his agent to hold the George situation against the Lakers.

And who says the agent isn't taking care of Jules's family? And if being in a market like LA and on a championship contender won't bring him more $?
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
governator wrote:

And who says the agent isn't taking care of Jules's family? And if being in a market like LA and on a championship contender won't bring him more $?

Timing of JR's contract is all over ESPN radio these days. If JR gets a large contract offer at 12:01 am, then Lakers have to match or let him go. They have 3 days. LeBron won't make his decision that quickly. Maybe PG but not Lebron.

This is back to how JR feels about the Lakers and money due to him. Wait for the Lakers out of loyalty, or take care of your own and get that contract at 12:01.

If I was Dallas or Brooklyn, I offer him $20 million 12:01 am to put a wrench in Lakers plan during FA.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Kjj10697X wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
governator wrote:

Timing of JR's contract is all over ESPN radio these days. If JR gets a large contract offer at 12:01 am, then Lakers have to match or let him go. They have 3 days. LeBron won't make his decision that quickly. Maybe PG but not Lebron.

This is back to how JR feels about the Lakers and money due to him. Wait for the Lakers out of loyalty, or take care of your own and get that contract at 12:01.

If I was Dallas or Brooklyn, I offer him $20 million 12:01 am to put a wrench in Lakers plan during FA.

The Lakers only have 48 hours to match
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Jules would need to accept it (and those teams do not have that cap space yet). My point with the Mintz connection is that unlike other situations, Jules is not making this decision in a vacuum. His agent will know if PG13 wants to join the Lakers which affects how the Lakers/Jules may feel about each other.

He's sincere about not wanting to join another rebuild which the Mavs/Nets would be.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Jules would need to accept it (and those teams do not have that cap space yet). My point with the Mintz connection is that unlike other situations, Jules is not making this decision in a vacuum. His agent will know if PG13 wants to join the Lakers which affects how the Lakers/Jules may feel about each other.

He's sincere about not wanting to join another rebuild which the Mavs/Nets would be.

Teams don't throw offers around just to screw the other teams, because they have to sign him if we don't match. They will offer what they think Jules deserves.

And, about our FA plans, it makes no difference if Randle signs a $ 12.4M or a $ 20M offer sheet, as long as we sign him after whatever FAs we bring.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Kjj10697X wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
governator wrote:

Lakers would have 48 hours to match it after the moratorium period which begins after 5 days. Lakers would have until July 8th to match. No contracts/offer sheets can be signed until July 6th. However, he can accept the offer once free agency begins.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Jules has become a made man for the Lakers. Really carved a place for himself here. Doubt he's going to spite the Lakers just for the heck of it, just to join another 3-4 year rebuild team (especially if the team is willing to match the deal but need to trade Deng first).
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
IBWriter wrote:
MJST wrote:
I'm also thinking that nobody here would trade Randle to Golden State for Draymond Green and go "we've definitely got the better player".

Randle is far far far ahead of Draymond at the same age. The fact there's even competition as to who's the better defender says a lot about where Randle is 5 years younger than Draymond.

For the longest time, I wondered if you were secretly Randle's wife.

All jokes aside, you've been right about him. I wouldn't trade him for Draymond, and I would re-sign him even at the expense of LeBron, and this is coming from someone who wasn't big on Randle at the beginning of the season. His ability to finish and his flashes on the defensive end have sold me.

All this time I thought MJST was a Lin fan who got tired of changing teams and decided to become Randle's "Minion". But the sign up month make more sense for Randle than Lin. MJST was probably a Randle fan coming into LG. Am I right my dude?

Been a Lakers fan since 87 when my dad had me on his shoulders as a baby watching Magic hit that hookshot over McHale
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
IBWriter wrote:
MJST wrote:

For the longest time, I wondered if you were secretly Randle's wife.

All jokes aside, you've been right about him. I wouldn't trade him for Draymond, and I would re-sign him even at the expense of LeBron, and this is coming from someone who wasn't big on Randle at the beginning of the season. His ability to finish and his flashes on the defensive end have sold me.

All this time I thought MJST was a Lin fan who got tired of changing teams and decided to become Randle's "Minion". But the sign up month make more sense for Randle than Lin. MJST was probably a Randle fan coming into LG. Am I right my dude?

Been a Lakers fan since 87 when my dad had me on his shoulders as a baby watching Magic

You were right about Lin. (He played well at Charlotte and Brooklyn until he got injured)

You were right about Randle (I was wrong)

You are right about IT

It's hard going against a mob... keep up the good fight.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

MJST, 85% of my issue is the TL;DR.

But you were absolutely right to keep the flame burning for Jules.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1382, 1383, 1384 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1383 of 1536
Jump to: