Jordan Clarkson & Larry Nance Jr. Appreciation Thread (Larry says Pelinka Story About Breaking Promise is False p.28)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:35 am    Post subject:

Yeah Larry was known here for being super fan friendly and just an overall good dude and good pro. You can't sign them all, he's got a life too. Could've had a bad morning or whatever who cares? He's human.

Reminds me of that clip with Nate Robinson who always struck me as a really nice, fan friendly dude. He's signing one side of the entryway, working down the line and the WHOLE time there is this little kid going "PLEEEEASE NATE, NATE PLEEEEASE" and after like 45 seconds you can see him audibly shaking his head like "damn..." before stopping where he was to go sign this kids one autograph to shut him up.

My point is I think they mostly all get that it's a privilege and they are lucky to have fans, that part of why they're rich yadda yadda... but they're human and get annoyed just like the rest of us. I'm sure if you search hard enough there are stories of even the perennial "nice guys" like Magic being nasty sometimes.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:11 am    Post subject:

kbitboc wrote:
PartyMan wrote:
Watching JC’s interview, he mentioned he was one of the only guys who played with both Kobe and LeBron. Obviously Nance now too, but who else can say that?

All I could think of off the top of my head was Shaq, Mihm for a cup of coffee with LeBron and Ira Newble for a couple games with Kobe.

Anyone else?

Top of my head, Carlos Boozer and Antawn Jamison.

Ronny Turiaf, Jason Kapono, Shannon Brown,...

Funny thing is, if LeBron comes to LA, the list will be increased by just one name. If Julius stays.

Last edited by Eindhoven on Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:16 am    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
kbitboc wrote:
PartyMan wrote:
Watching JC’s interview, he mentioned he was one of the only guys who played with both Kobe and LeBron. Obviously Nance now too, but who else can say that?

All I could think of off the top of my head was Shaq, Mihm for a cup of coffee with LeBron and Ira Newble for a couple games with Kobe.

Anyone else?

Top of my head, Carlos Boozer and Antawn Jamison.

Ronny Turiaf, Jason Kapono, Shannon Brown,...

Ty Lue counts?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
danzag wrote:
sogood. wrote:
Not a good look for Larry...

https://twitter.com/TerezOwens/status/973189513689276416

I get it might be irritating some times but that was not cool

You gotta say no sometimes. And on the occasions that you do say no, there's going to be a parent with a phone taping it and crying how you dissed their kid.

It's like traveling to a third world country. You have these little kids that come and ask for money. The amount is so small that you want to give. As soon as you give to one, a bunch of them swarm all over you.

When you face that over and over, sometimes you just want to say no to the first one.

Like someone mentioned earlier, maybe LNJ just finished signing a bunch of autographs and cut it off and started walking away and this kid didn't get a signature so he chased LNJ down for one.

He didn't even look to the kid. Or said anything at all.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

I think Larry is taking this trade harder then he's letting on. The post game interview gave me that sense.

And about the kid? I have no idea what that was. But I remember in LA he used to encourage fans to come and talk to him. That he was never unapproachable. Maybe that's Larry the Laker. Not Larry the Gold & Wine, Fear the Sword, Defend the Toilet.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I think Larry is taking this trade harder then he's letting on. The post game interview gave me that sense.

I think Larry was happy about going home. JC on the other hand is a different story.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

JC to women of Cleveland: "Y'ALL DON'T SHAVE YOUR LEGS UP IN HERE DURING THE WINTER???"
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

And about the kid? I have no idea what that was. But I remember in LA he used to encourage fans to come and talk to him. That he was never unapproachable. Maybe that's Larry the Laker. Not Larry the Gold & Wine, Fear the Sword, Defend the Toilet.

Or Larry knowing he's on camera vs Larry not knowing he was on camera
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

What's up with Larry playing Fornite with Josh Hart the night before our game with Cleveland? Forget the 4 screens going on at one time. Nance was wearing a Lakers T-shirt!
tgi_friyay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
JC to women of Cleveland: "Y'ALL DON'T SHAVE YOUR LEGS UP IN HERE DURING THE WINTER???"

PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Growing up in LA, my LA females always had them legs cleanly shaven.

Having lived in the East Coast for nearly 15 years now, I'm still shocked, dismayed, horrified, at the unshaven legs during Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Having lived in the East Coast for nearly 15 years now, I'm still shocked, dismayed, horrified, at the unshaven legs during Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter.

Well, to be fair, that makes sense at least in regards to your days at Penn; even the women had every right to be afraid of that whole Sandusky thing.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Well, to be fair, that makes sense at least in regards to your days at Penn; even the women had every right to be afraid of that whole Sandusky thing.

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/11/penn-service-announcement-its-not-penn-state/335716/
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

skin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Glad we traded Larry nance. He couldn’t take two seconds? It was just him and that kid in the open UCLA campus too...
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

just move to LA man, u miss LA too much
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

you should at least maybe change neighborhoods....I was born and raised deep in Appalachia.....and even I never came across females under 40 that had that issue.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
danzag wrote:
sogood. wrote:

I get it might be irritating some times but that was not cool

You gotta say no sometimes. And on the occasions that you do say no, there's going to be a parent with a phone taping it and crying how you dissed their kid.

It's like traveling to a third world country. You have these little kids that come and ask for money. The amount is so small that you want to give. As soon as you give to one, a bunch of them swarm all over you.

When you face that over and over, sometimes you just want to say no to the first one.

Like someone mentioned earlier, maybe LNJ just finished signing a bunch of autographs and cut it off and started walking away and this kid didn't get a signature so he chased LNJ down for one.

He didn't even look to the kid. Or said anything at all.
so. he was busy. You know for a fact he has sound 100's if not thousands of things for kids and adults. are you saying he doesnt get to not sign one thing for one kid one time?

personally im not feeling moms over there filming the encounters. then having something to say just because her kid didnt get what he wanted. these obligated to sign things for kids or adults ALL of the time. they do deserve a moment of peace.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
sogood. wrote:

I get not taking selfies with adult fans so that they can make it their FB or IG profile pic or whatever....but you gotta say yes to the kids. I got an autograph from Magic when I was in a bank when I was like 7 and it meant a lot to me. Not cool.
you dont have to say yes to kids every single time. cause half of the time they are being sent out for the autograph by some adult. most people dont even know that.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject:

I’d never sign autographs or take pictures with strangers. Idolatry is a sin.

I’m friendly enough though, so I’d always have words of encouragement for kids. These days they need all the help they can get, just not in the form of autographs and pictures.

Bill Russell followed this philosophy religiously.
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Why are people giving Larry a hard time for not signing something? You don't know what he was going through that day. He doesn't have time to sign an autograph for every single person that asks for one. It's disgusting that that mom released the video to twitter to try and shame Larry.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Edited...i read something wrong lol
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Cleveland is now learning the joys and pains of LNJR. Plays amazing and if you give him too many minutes, his body breaks. Hammy injury, out at least a few games.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
Yeah Larry was known here for being super fan friendly and just an overall good dude and good pro. You can't sign them all, he's got a life too. Could've had a bad morning or whatever who cares? He's human.

Reminds me of that clip with Nate Robinson who always struck me as a really nice, fan friendly dude. He's signing one side of the entryway, working down the line and the WHOLE time there is this little kid going "PLEEEEASE NATE, NATE PLEEEEASE" and after like 45 seconds you can see him audibly shaking his head like "damn..." before stopping where he was to go sign this kids one autograph to shut him up.

My point is I think they mostly all get that it's a privilege and they are lucky to have fans, that part of why they're rich yadda yadda... but they're human and get annoyed just like the rest of us. I'm sure if you search hard enough there are stories of even the perennial "nice guys" like Magic being nasty sometimes.

The kid was not taught properly. His dad should have told him to address the man as Mr. Robinson. You’re asking a favor of him. Kid is lucky Nate is a humble Pinoy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 19 of 28
Jump to: