gears of war vs call of duty

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: gears of war vs call of duty

just got an xbox one and was going to go rent a game for it, wondering which has the better campaign mode? i'm leaning towards COD but i heard gears of war is really good. i like that i've played both iterations of the games albeit a decade ago. battlefield 1 is coming tomm. and i kinda regret getting it cause i'm not the greatest at fps.

what about for more single play immersive games?....i heard Witcher 3 is a good one
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Which has a better campaign? Gears of War easily. Not sure why that is even a question. Does COD even have a campaign?

Witcher 3 is amazing. Shadow of Mordor/War are great. You can check Wolfenstein, Dishonored, Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed, and many others as well.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

I need to try GoW. I couldn't stand how Call of Duty games got so high tech. The players were able to do ridiculous stuff... wall-running, boosted jumps basically giving flight/hover abilities... temporary invisibility...etc.

The newest one dropped a lot of that but now people are "quick-shotting" with a sniper rifle. Basically running around with a sniper rifle and blasting people at close range like if it were a shotgun. Way overpowered and so damn annoying.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Been a while since I played but back when I did, GOW was campaign only. I never played campaigns, online MP only, and always been a fan of COD though not more than Battlefield.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Titanfall is pretty fun and more team based multiplayer.
COD is pretty much every man for himself
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Titanfall is pretty fun and more team based multiplayer.
COD is pretty much every man for himself

oh man glad to hear you say that i ended up getting titanfall 2 from walmart, wanted to just rent but redbox only had 3 games and COD was sold out so 2 games lego something lol

also the xbox was bundled with forza and battlefield one coming tomm.

didn't know i would have to wait to download the update 28gb or forza 50+gb

kinda a buzz kill lol at 400kb iono how long that translates to just left it to download
sharongarcia
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:09 am    Post subject:

I'm too big fan of Call of Duty to give preference to something else here

Last edited by sharongarcia on Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

finished titanfall 2 campaign it was very short but very sweet wish i could change how it ends lol i heard bf1 is going to be that way too just played for 10 minutes so far
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Dude. Check out CUPHEAD. it's an old school feeling side scroller that is hard af. I love it. But it is damn challenging. Check out some YouTube vids and see if you might like it.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject:

CS GO
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Dude. Check out CUPHEAD. it's an old school feeling side scroller that is hard af. I love it. But it is damn challenging. Check out some YouTube vids and see if you might like it.

def ran across that a lot in my google search of best games for xbox one lol will check it out

so can you just buy the game online in the xbox store? i got bf1 (gonna avoid MP for awhile), gears, forza (i suck at this) to get through

wanted to get witcher 3 i think it was - just kinda an immersive rpg with a storyline.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

def ran across that a lot in my google search of best games for xbox one lol will check it out

so can you just buy the game online in the xbox store? i got bf1 (gonna avoid MP for awhile), gears, forza (i suck at this) to get through

wanted to get witcher 3 i think it was - just kinda an immersive rpg with a storyline.

Yea... i think u should be able to just purchase it thru the store. its better if you can do a 2 player co-op though. Not sure how fun it would be solo
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
ani007 wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Yea... i think u should be able to just purchase it thru the store. its better if you can do a 2 player co-op though. Not sure how fun it would be solo

what's your favorite titan to play as?
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
ani007 wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

what's your favorite titan to play as?

I think I was using the Ion the most.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: