OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 928, 929, 930 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject:

His confidence is gone. What the (bleep) happened?
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

This is how he looked at the start of the season. He showed a lot of progress before this regression. Rookies are just inconsistent. We just have to ride the wave.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

So annoying that hes the only smart defender out there.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

This game exposed Lonzo's flaws in spades as the Lakers had no offensive punch tonite without Kuz, Ingram, Hart & combined with the fact that the Lakers were flat tonite.

All he does is pass and everyone knows it --- talk about 1 dimensional on the offensive side. Unless he can develop some sort of offensive game all of his intangibles are nullified.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

He's always been a streaky shooter and has very few offensive tools when his three ball isn't falling. The kid has a lot of work to do on the offensive end.
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Really looking like rookie Jason Kidd out there absolutely no confidence in his shot right now.

He's great everywhere else tho
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
This game exposed Lonzo's flaws in spades as the Lakers had no offensive punch tonite without Kuz, Ingram, Hart & combined with the fact that the Lakers were flat tonite.

All he does is pass and everyone knows it --- talk about 1 dimensional on the offensive side. Unless he can develop some sort of offensive game all of his intangibles are nullified.

I just don't get this point of view. Agreed, he is a terrible shooter/scorer. But he does so much else. He had what 11? 12? assists tonight? Ya he was the problem. Not that we had no one else capable of farting let alone playing ball.
PerchiN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Been shooting terrible from 3 the last 3 games...if he ain't knocking down 3's he offers very limited upside in the half court. He brings it in every other facet of the game though and I have no doubt that he'll improve as he gets older, no doubt
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:

This game didn't expose him.
The entire league has known his flaws. Kerr was on the sidelines yelling at his team because they crashed the rim when lonzo drove and passed.

Everyone knows he won't attempt the layup.

It's a huge issue that is masked when he's got others around him to pass to.
Lonzo has to. Has to look to score. Has to.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

I just don't get this point of view. Agreed, he is a terrible shooter/scorer. But he does so much else. He had what 11? 12? assists tonight? Ya he was the problem. Not that we had no one else capable of farting let alone playing ball.

I argued the same way as you as of late but many of his assists are fools gold and he's simply just passing the ball to a player non-chalantley -- not a true assist from attacking the offense - there were some TOs by Zo because the defense were defending him just to pass as they know he's not going to score or attack the hoop.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If he's like Rubio, he'll never really significantly improve his offensive skillset. If he's like Kidd, he'll improve on his weaknesses enough to be a 15-18 ppg guy in his prime. I'm optimistic he has the work ethic to be more Kidd than Rubio.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Laker_Town wrote:

No he doesn't. Cause frankly he can't at this point. If you expect that we must be watching a different basketball player.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:

No he doesn't. Cause frankly he can't at this point. If you expect that we must be watching a different basketball player.

He has to LEARN how to score so his assists and his over game expands and increases
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:

So 4 vs 5 is cool?

Warriors we're literally turning their backs on lonzo when he shot it. But he shouldn't attack the basket to mix up a layup or floater so that he can keep the defense honest?

He shouldn't try either of that on a game where we extremely short handed?

Yea. We're watching a different player. I'm watching Lonzo from the first half of the season again.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo Brick!!! His jumpshot looks terrible when they're not going in. I'm starting to lose patience. Can we really re-work his jumpshot and how long would it take? Can a title contender afford to have its starting PG in training mode?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Dude, we had 3 guys with 20.
We needed defense and rebounding, not more scoring from Lonzo.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Lonzo Brick!!! His jumpshot looks terrible when they're not going in. I'm starting to lose patience. Can we really re-work his jumpshot and how long would it take? Can a title contender afford to have its starting PG in training mode?

Starting to lose patience? Dude is a rookie relax. How are those other rookie guards doing? Less impact on the game I'll tell you that much.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Lakers' offensive effectiveness is reduced to 4 against 5 unless Lonzo learns how to contribute on the offense
PerchiN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo off-season checklist:

Free throws
Midrange jumper / floater in the lane
Finishing better at the rim

Would love to see him improve on these categories next year
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
epak wrote:

Lakers' offensive effectiveness is reduced to 4 against 5 unless Lonzo learns how to contribute on the offense

Like 11 assists?
I would like him to make his buckets.
But we needed defense and rebounding.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

If he's still living and dying by his streaky three ball with very few offensive tools by year three, I'd see your point. But it's waaaay too soon to lose patience with this kid.

Last edited by LandsbergerRules on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

He is a rookie with things to improve on. Fair enough, let’s be patient with him. Him and others were sucking wind tonight, it’s a long season. I am impressed that they are still giving a good effort.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Starting to lose patience? Dude is a rookie relax. How are those other rookie guards doing? Less impact on the game I'll tell you that much.

I can tell you they ALL shoot better than Lonzo. Lonzo's shooting percentage is so horrible I don't think there's a worse shooter historically. It is a major concern. This isn't something like rookie mistakes like turning the ball over or something that can be fixed with experience. We're talking about the bread and butter of an NBA player. I've touched on this before. Without his jumpshot, he will not get open lanes to drive or to pass. The Lakers would be playing 4 on 5 on offense. It will affect the other players on the team offensively.
PerchiN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

I can tell you they ALL shoot better than Lonzo. Lonzo's shooting percentage is so horrible I don't think there's a worse shooter historically. It is a major concern. This isn't something like rookie mistakes like turning the ball over or something that can be fixed with experience. We're talking about the bread and butter of an NBA player. I've touched on this before. Without his jumpshot, he will not get open lanes to drive or to pass. The Lakers would be playing 4 on 5 on offense. It will affect the other players on the team offensively.

Lonzo is shooting better than Dennis Smith from 3

So you don't think his shooting / scoring can't be fixed with practice...or experience? You need to be patient man
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject:

It's clear as day he needs to change that (bleep) up form. It's bad enough that it's ugly as (bleep) but he's not even making his shots so what is there to lose?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 928, 929, 930 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 929 of 1688
Jump to: