Explain like I’m 30: Bitcoin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

When you begin trading and buying those upcoming smaller coins, you personally, how long do you sit on them typically assuming you make a gain? A day? A week? A month? I'm sure it depends but if you had to give a likely scenario..

Also, say you got the return you were looking for on a certain coin. Do you like to trade back to dollars or do you just trade back to a different coin?
loki05
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
When you begin trading and buying those upcoming smaller coins, you personally, how long do you sit on them typically assuming you make a gain? A day? A week? A month? I'm sure it depends but if you had to give a likely scenario..

Also, say you got the return you were looking for on a certain coin. Do you like to trade back to dollars or do you just trade back to a different coin?

Great questions.

- me personally i'm not a day trader at all. when i make a move to go with a certain coin, its because i've the done research (the tech, dev team, volume, circulating supply, etc) and i HOLD. I will give it a good amount before i consider to dump or trade it....if i had to put a time on it, probably 2-3months.

- if the said coin makes 2x return, i'd probably ride it out...if it makes 3-4x return, depending on my situation i would most likely flip it to another coin that has I see on a chart that bottomed out and looks to make a strong push up (volume, transactions, marketcap trends)....no matter if its a top 3 coin or even top 100 coin. Only reason I have cashed out in the past and currently is if I see crazy gains like 10x return and wanted to splurge on a little something for the family (vacations, nice weekend out, etc).
DaGreat81
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject:

longtime lurker here, I've made close to $7000 just the past few days from exchanging and trading ripple, tron, and ethereum starting back in June, you guys should really get into this and take advantage of it before its too expensive which is almost is, cryptocurrency is a global market that never sleeps
DaGreat81
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject:

my suggestion is to go on youtube and do research on which currencies to invest in, thats how I got started, xrp is a safe bet to invest in
DaGreat81
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

longtime lurker here, I've made close to $7000 just the past few days from exchanging and trading ripple, tron, and ethereum starting back in June, you guys should really get into this and take advantage of it before its too expensive which is almost is, cryptocurrency is a global market that never sleeps
loki05
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject:

Gambling? sure...

But some people would rather have it sit into CRYPTO (BTC/LTC/ETH) which shows gains in 1yr then having it sit in a bank accumulating .02% APY

Is that really a gamble? I'd take those odds anyday. But do you!
AlexBlade
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject:

loki05 wrote:
Gambling? sure...

But some people would rather have it sit into CRYPTO (BTC/LTC/ETH) which shows gains in 1yr then having it sit in a bank accumulating .02% APY

I talk about those who buy crypto only "today" but not in 2010-2016.. today it is trend. I know those people who bought BTC in 2010 and sold in the end of 2017 =)) and I know guys who bought several btc in Dec 2017... I dont think that it is a good investment of 20-50k $
loki05
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

AlexBlade wrote:
loki05 wrote:
Gambling? sure...

I talk about those who buy crypto only "today" but not in 2010-2016.. today it is trend. I know those people who bought BTC in 2010 and sold in the end of 2017 =)) and I know guys who bought several btc in Dec 2017... I dont think that it is a good investment of 20-50k $

I hear you Alex.... but if they "investing" 20-50k and they are already calling it a FAIL or not smart move in only what 1month....is that really investing? or are they in it for "get rich" kinda angle? Usually an investment is something that takes time right....accumulation, fluctuations, holding, buy/sell, etc

BUT, if they call there 20k-50k "investing" and giving it only a window of 1month....i'd hate to say it, but isn't that on them and NOT the game (crypto)??
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Bitcoin tumbled below $10,000, bringing its loss to almost 50% from a record set only a month ago, as increased scrutiny from regulators around the world weighs on the digital-coin craze.

The largest cryptocurrency dropped 10% to $9,610.05 as of 6:33 a.m. PST, its first foray below $10,000 since Dec. 1, according to consolidated pricing data collated by Bloomberg. It has fallen from a record $19,511 reached Dec. 18, and has seen more than $140 billion shaved off its market value.

The selloff this week brings more trauma to a digital-coin market that has lost more than $300 billion in value since Saturday. After a dizzying rally pushed bitcoin up 1,400% last year, the latest plunge cast doubt on the viability of cryptocurrencies and the blockchain technology that underpins it.
The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject:

raffi wrote:
Quote:
Bitcoin tumbled below $10,000, bringing its loss to almost 50% from a record set only a month ago, as increased scrutiny from regulators around the world weighs on the digital-coin craze.

The largest cryptocurrency dropped 10% to $9,610.05 as of 6:33 a.m. PST, its first foray below $10,000 since Dec. 1, according to consolidated pricing data collated by Bloomberg. It has fallen from a record $19,511 reached Dec. 18, and has seen more than $140 billion shaved off its market value.

The selloff this week brings more trauma to a digital-coin market that has lost more than $300 billion in value since Saturday. After a dizzying rally pushed bitcoin up 1,400% last year, the latest plunge cast doubt on the viability of cryptocurrencies and the blockchain technology that underpins it.

Haha what a crap article. It’s called a market correction and is healthy for the ecosystem. To say price movement in this case has anything to do with the underlying technology and whether its viable is laughable. I’ve been in this market for 3 years and this type of price action is not out of the norm. This market isn’t for everyone but you’re probably not going to get a better opportunity to make 20x or more your money.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
raffi wrote:
Quote:

Haha what a crap article. It’s called a market correction and is healthy for the ecosystem. To say price movement in this case has anything to do with the underlying technology and whether its viable is laughable. I’ve been in this market for 3 years and this type of price action is not out of the norm. This market isn’t for everyone but you’re probably not going to get a better opportunity to make 20x or more your money.

Sounds like the RE Market, circa 2004-2005. “If you don’t do it now, you won’t ever be able to and it just keeps going up and up”. And then in 2008, just a market correction.

I think its fine to dabble in crypto, but not much more than a dabble. Now we are seeing the government doesn’t like it either. Huge red flags any time someone says you can make 20x because that is not sustainable.

Some call it a market correction, some call it a bubble burst.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Google to ban all advertising related to crypto. Interesting.

http://engt.co/2InEY9U
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Off Topic Reminder.....Everyone Welcome.....Be Sure to Complete Your NCAA Tournament Bracket!!

When can I complete my bracket?
--After the field is announced on Selection Sunday (March 11th) @ 3:00 PM (Pacific Time) on TBS.

When does my bracket have to be completed?
-- Edits can be made up to an hour before the fist game tips off on Thursday, March 15th @ 9:00 AM (Pacific Time).

How many brackets can I complete?
-- One

What is the Group link?
-- LINK to Yahoo Tourney Pick'em LakersGround page.

What is the Group password?
-- 8Kobe24

**Note**
When you're setting up your bracket, be sure to unselect the "show personal email" box, and make sure your bracket is listed under a username (prefer your LG ID), and not the name on your birth certificate.

Visit the LG Thread - http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=184446&start=0
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

^ What does that have to do with Bitcoin?

fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
^ What does that have to do with Bitcoin?

Adkindo sends the winner 10 BTC
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:
Okay, now explain it to me like I’m 25.

If you purchased 10 bitcoins in 2010 you would be able to quit your job at starbucks and then you could spend a year sending snaps, pretending to be excited about watching Hamilton, catching charmanders, and taking selfies at music festivals across the country.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: