We will win 40 games this season, George or no George
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
2019, in all fairness, Lakers didn’t look like they could score enough in preseason and early in the year.

Who would have thought they would score like they have been for a while now. The defense has way exceeded expectations too which is exciting. If you play defense, you always got a shot.

Last night was a great example. Their defense held them in it until they snapped out of really bad shooting.

We've been playing D since game 1, that has been the difference even when we couldn't hit a 3 or free throw to save our lives during the start of the season.

That has been the story of this season, replacing DLo and Swaggy with KCP Lonzo and Hart has been HUGE on the less glamorous side of the court.

No doubt about the defense, but we didn’t look good defending in preseason and Clippers/Suns games to start.

Anyway, I feel like even the most optimistic fan would have struggled to see 35+ wins based on what we saw early on and believe me I was hoping and praying they could get to that milestone. Now, we can be greedy and wish for 40
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ingle wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
2019, in all fairness, Lakers didn’t look like they could score enough in preseason and early in the year.

Who would have thought they would score like they have been for a while now. The defense has way exceeded expectations too which is exciting. If you play defense, you always got a shot.

Last night was a great example. Their defense held them in it until they snapped out of really bad shooting.

We've been playing D since game 1, that has been the difference even when we couldn't hit a 3 or free throw to save our lives during the start of the season.

That has been the story of this season, replacing DLo and Swaggy with KCP Lonzo and Hart has been HUGE on the less glamorous side of the court.

No doubt about the defense, but we didn’t look good defending in preseason and Clippers/Suns games to start.

Anyway, I feel like even the most optimistic fan would have struggled to see 35+ wins based on what we saw early on and believe me I was hoping and praying they could get to that milestone. Now, we can be greedy and wish for 40

I don't disagree... I thought we'd mightily struggle on O.. That's where I am giving credit to our team. Who knew.

I thought we'd be between 28-38. 38 felt like if EVERYTHING went right. We're going to beat that.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

I don't disagree... I thought we'd mightily struggle on O.. That's where I am giving credit to our team. Who knew.

I thought we'd be between 28-38. 38 felt like if EVERYTHING went right. We're going to beat that.

they were in a pretty good groove offensively before IT, but he has added next level for this offense. There are some teams that you can just tell they can’t keep up with the Lakers offense now. The Heat game was a good example.

Never would have thought they would pop like this on offense, that’s for sure.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
2019 wrote:

they were in a pretty good groove offensively before IT, but he has added next level for this offense. There are some teams that you can just tell they can’t keep up with the Lakers offense now. The Heat game was a good example.

Never would have thought they would pop like this on offense, that’s for sure.

Nice that we got a top 4 MVP candidate from last season. Makes a huge difference.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ingle wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

If we were to compare to our preseason expectations, I think the other rooks(Kuz and Hart) have exceeded expectations while the vet signings (mainly Brook) have slightly underperformed against expectations, but then the IT steal offsets that.

Where I felt good was on the culture front, front office decided to part ways with guys weren't serious about their craft like DLo and Young, while building around hard workers like BI and Julius. THis has been clearly on display this season, we are giving up nothing easy to ANY team. Played the Warriors and Rockets hard every single game, got punked by Philly but went back and beat them, got punked by Murray by went back and beat them.

Love this team.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

We would be in the playoffs without the dang injuries. When are the Jazz going to start losing?!!

I think that 40 wins doable though and would be really nice considering the issues that we have had to deal with this season.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Lonzo may not be the player he can be one day, but it was clear he made a HUGE difference in pace for the Bruins last year, turning #127(?) into the best college offense in 12 years. His style of play isn't just based on his ability, it's infectious as we saw when he missed SPL games. Luke didn't have them practicing offense at 1st so it was only a matter of time. Kuzma was real, Hart got better, vets are solid, and Ingram and Randle clearly put in the work and are causing problems that other teams don't have answers for.

Re: defense exceeded expectations, I was excited to have a taller Warriors-like defense that was long enough to switch everything...Randle, Nance, Ingram, Kuzma, Brewer, Lonzo, and even Deng. I didn't know Hart would also be part of that. When Nance said this isn't going to be a bottom tier defense, I believed him. I also knew Lonzo's defense was underrated.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Lonzo may not be the player he can be one day, but it was clear he made a HUGE difference in pace for the Bruins last year, turning #127(?) into the best college offense in 12 years. His style of play isn't just based on his ability, it's infectious as we saw when he missed SPL games. Luke didn't have them practicing offense at 1st so it was only a matter of time. Kuzma was real, Hart got better, vets are solid, and Ingram and Randle clearly put in the work and are causing problems that other teams don't have answers for.

I did! Luke said that he spent 99% of the shortened preseason focusing on the defensive side of the ball. He said they had no time to implement the offense and would do so as the season went along. So no it is no surprise that their offense has improved as the season has gone a long. Luke said this would be the case at the beginning of the season.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
We would be in the playoffs without the dang injuries. When are the Jazz going to start losing?!!

I think that 40 wins doable though and would be really nice considering the issues that we have had to deal with this season.
I believe they're capable of winning a couple of series if they had made it. That's why I don't want them to break up the team for Lebron's traveling circus that will change the style of play and keep improving youngsters on the sidelines while his game ages. I don't want to lose 10 possible years of new and improving Julius for the end of Lebron's career. I already saw the end of Kobe's career and don't want to see Lebron's final ride into the sunset. I know I'm in the minority, but I feel strongly about it.
NYClakerguy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

I believe they're capable of winning a couple of series if they had made it. That's why I don't want them to break up the team for Lebron's traveling circus that will change the style of play and keep improving youngsters on the sidelines while his game ages. I don't want to lose 10 possible years of new and improving Julius for the end of Lebron's career. I already saw the end of Kobe's career and don't want to see Lebron's final ride into the sunset. I know I'm in the minority, but I feel strongly about it.

I agree with you. I 100% DO NOT want lebron on this team unless he wants to come for a veteran minimum.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I did! Luke said that he spent 99% of the shortened preseason focusing on the defensive side of the ball. He said they had no time to implement the offense and would do so as the season went along. So no it is no surprise that their offense has improved as the season has gone a long. Luke said this would be the case at the beginning of the season.

Exactly. He told us what to expect and why, but when it happened the way it did, people wonder why. Go figure.

Last edited by lakersboy on Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

NYClakerguy wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

I agree with you. I 100% DO NOT want lebron on this team unless he wants to come for a veteran minimum.

!000% and I don't care if he'll play for free. He's going to destroy the chemistry and growth of this team.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ingle wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Yeah we didn't have isaiah thomas in preseason...kinda altered end of season record predictions....
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
I don't know man, for all their faults, Lou Williams and Young played well last season and was a big part of our 10-10 start. We upgraded our center position with Lopez, but can Alonzo Ball as a 19 yr old rookie put up similar stats as Dlo? So as of now, it all hinges on how much Ingram and Randle step up their games, potentially this is a worst team than last year.

I don't know if he has to have Russell's ppg but he needs more apg and rpg.
10ppg 5rpg 7apg and solid defense will probably bring us 10 more wins (depending on how the rest of the team is playing )

Just quoting myself
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Going to be tough cracking 35 wins it seems. The injuries to Ingram and Hart have exposed guys who shouldn't be playing as much as they are.

Zubac is also towards the end of the rope with the Lakers. His game against Minnesota was encouraging, but he has been really bad for a good stretch now.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Losing BI and Hart pretty much killed our chances
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

This was never a 40 game team..chances were killed by over
estimating our roster. ESPN and Vegas will be bang on, again.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
danzag wrote:

Come on now, don’t you think that’s a bit unfair? They were doing pretty well before Clarkson/Nance trade and really were doing well until they lost BI and Hart. It’s a G league bench with starters playing too many minutes imo.

The lakers aren’t good enough to lose the depth they had between BI, Hart and even Clarkson and Nance.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject:

The best laid planes are derailed by injuries
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
deal wrote:
danzag wrote:

Come on now, don’t you think that’s a bit unfair? They were doing pretty well before Clarkson/Nance trade and really were doing well until they lost BI and Hart. It’s a G league bench with starters playing too many minutes imo.

The lakers aren’t good enough to lose the depth they had between BI, Hart and even Clarkson and Nance.

Of course it’s the injuries to hart and Ingram. Their bench has suddenly gone to sheit with the loss of those two
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject:

That and Ball is having a huge setback. WHICH IS BUMMING ME OUT!!
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
That and Ball is having a huge setback. WHICH IS BUMMING ME OUT!!
he's not having a huge set back. he's tired like everyone else. The legs are shot, so his shaky shot is gone again. WE're completely relying on Randle and Lopez paint work and praying kuz has enough in the tank from 3 to bring us home. kcp's legs are fatigued out there too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20
Jump to: