The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 164, 165, 166 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:16 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
Lonzo
George
Ingram
LeBron
Randle

would be siiiiiiiiick lol.

Probably the best lineup on the entire league. that defense tho

Re defense. I beg to differ. I forgot which coach said it best - its better to have 5 similar players, than rim protection. Better switching. Lonzo George and Julius are already great defensive switch players. Ingram growing into it. The length and size of that team will be one of the best in the league, too.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:33 am    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
danzag wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
Lonzo
George
Ingram
LeBron
Randle

Re defense. I beg to differ. I forgot which coach said it best - its better to have 5 similar players, than rim protection. Better switching. Lonzo George and Julius are already great defensive switch players. Ingram growing into it. The length and size of that team will be one of the best in the league, too.

Their reaction may have been shock as in "that defense tho...would be amazing", who knows. Anyway, as a unit they're currently at about 4 blks/gm plus the three young guys may get better. If there is any weakness it would be a rim protector but I'd GLADLY take their team defense. They'll likely have Lopez, Noel or another descent rim protector for half a game anyway. Is it just me or does this feel even more real?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:50 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
twisted wrote:
danzag wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
Lonzo
George
Ingram
LeBron
Randle

Their reaction may have been shock as in "that defense tho...would be amazing", who knows. Anyway, as a unit they're currently at about 4 blks/gm plus the three young guys may get better. If there is any weakness it would be a rim protector but I'd GLADLY take their team defense. They'll likely have Lopez, Noel or another descent rim protector for half a game anyway. Is it just me or does this feel even more real?

There won't be a comfortable ball handler in the opposing team. I mean that line up can switch on D all game long, pressure the ball and can gamble on passing lanes with their lateral speed. And to have a lefty Randle bruising next to an even more juiced up LAbron... oh my
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Gordon and Anderson? No way Gilbert takes both when they have love and Tristan. And no that’s not a 3rdround playoff team.

Morey found a taker for Anderson last year.

We kept hearing over and over last summer that what was holding up Melo to Houston was that no one was willing to take on Ryno’s deal.

If Morey found a home for Ryno, why isn’t Melo in Houston ?

The Knicks and Rockets had a deal prior to the new Knicks GM coming in, which means Morey found a taker for Anderson. Once the new GM came on board he hit the pause button and tried to find his own deal (it was pretty well covered). Melo folded in the game of chicken and opened up his list of teams to include OKC, and then he got traded there.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

Lebron is headed to Houston this off-season. Only way this doesn't happen is if the Rockets win the championship. With the Warrior's injuries.. this could happen.

Reason why I think this is because if the Warriors beat the Rockets, the narrative would be that Lebron goes to Houston to put them over the top. That narrative doesn't work if the Rockets win it all.

I don't see Lebron coming here, even if Paul George comes here. The team would be 1-2 years away from seriously competing.

If he goes to Philly, they are a lock for the finals (don't bring up Toronto or Boston... please) , but he still doesn't have enough fire power to beat the Warriors or Rockets in the finals.

He can stay in Cleveland, but I don't see that happening unless they bring in a big FA.

Lebron is more concerned with stacking the deck in his favor, so that's why LA and Philly are out. Even if we get PG.

Houston is the clear choice here. A consolation to losing to the Warriors will almost certainly be getting LBJ.
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
Lebron is headed to Houston this off-season. Only way this doesn't happen is if the Rockets win the championship. With the Warrior's injuries.. this could happen.

Reason why I think this is because if the Warriors beat the Rockets, the narrative would be that Lebron goes to Houston to put them over the top. That narrative doesn't work if the Rockets win it all.

I don't see Lebron coming here, even if Paul George comes here. The team would be 1-2 years away from seriously competing.

If he goes to Philly, they are a lock for the finals (don't bring up Toronto or Boston... please) , but he still doesn't have enough fire power to beat the Warriors or Rockets in the finals.

He can stay in Cleveland, but I don't see that happening unless they bring in a big FA.

Lebron is more concerned with stacking the deck in his favor, so that's why LA and Philly are out. Even if we get PG.

Houston is the clear choice here. A consolation to losing to the Warriors will almost certainly be getting LBJ.

I can't see Houston realistically off-loading enough to get the cap space needed to sign lebron.

I can see him going to Philly but the Simmons-Lebron fit is weird and while Embiid has been good this year his health is still a legitimate concern.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject:

At this point of their careers, it will be hilarious to watch LBJ/CP3 together, with Harden being the only child of parents getting divorced.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject:

no thanks

https://mobile.twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/974495357764816897
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
no thanks

Wait, star players yell at their coaches? NO way???
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:
no thanks

Wait, star players yell at their coaches? NO way???

Lol I was hoping it was the dunk. Looks like there's a little left in the legs.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject:

Won't Houston have to (a) let Ariza walk, (b) find people who will take on Anderson AND Gordon without sending salary back, (c) re-sign Paul (who will want the max) and (d) renounce Capela to have the cap space to sign Lebron? If so, that's a pretty heft price, making no mention of the fact that suddenly you have no depth and you've lost three of the three point shooters that make Houston special by allowing Harden and Paul to ISO and/or penetrate. This will be worse than a first year Miami situation because they will have even less depth than that Miami team did..except, in Houston, neither Lebron or Paul are young enough to wait for the bench to be restocked. I don't know, seems like a lot of things working against it.

I think there is a 99% chance Lebron leaves Cleveland. If I were to guess, I'd put the odds as so - Lakers (50%), Houston (40%) and Philadelphia (10%). I don't see Lebron thinking that Simmons is the guy he wants to go to war with. If we get George, George/Ball/Ingram/Kuzma/Randle >>> Simmons/Embiid/Fultz. Heck, George/Ball/Ingram/Kuzma/Randle, IMO, > Harden/Paul too.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
no thanks

Lue might get fired yelling at his head coach like that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Won't Houston have to (a) let Ariza walk, (b) find people who will take on Anderson AND Gordon without sending salary back, (c) re-sign Paul (who will want the max) and (d) renounce Capela to have the cap space to sign Lebron? If so, that's a pretty heft price, making no mention of the fact that suddenly you have no depth and you've lost three of the three point shooters that make Houston special by allowing Harden and Paul to ISO and/or penetrate. This will be worse than a first year Miami situation because they will have even less depth than that Miami team did..except, in Houston, neither Lebron or Paul are young enough to wait for the bench to be restocked. I don't know, seems like a lot of things working against it.

I think there is a 99% chance Lebron leaves Cleveland. If I were to guess, I'd put the odds as so - Lakers (50%), Houston (40%) and Philadelphia (10%). I don't see Lebron thinking that Simmons is the guy he wants to go to war with. If we get George, George/Ball/Ingram/Kuzma/Randle >>> Simmons/Embiid/Fultz. Heck, George/Ball/Ingram/Kuzma/Randle, IMO, > Harden/Paul too.

Agreed. Houston would be so top heavy (and Harden is a monster) with 3 guys who want to run the offense. Capella may be able to stay from what I've read, but the team will be 1 MLE + minimum deals.

This is where our cheap core guys come into play.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:
no thanks

Lue might get fired yelling at his head coach like that.

This is funny, since it was Lebron who fired Blatt for Lue.

I guess Lue is seeing what happens when you challenge the head coach, GM and president of basketball operations.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

Saw this comment on YouTube about Lebron on YouTube and thought it was interesting:

Quote:
"The LeBron system is basically this: If you're not named LeBron, space out around the 3 point line so that LeBron can go 1 on 1 driving to the basket. Be ready to catch and shoot anytime LeBron feels like kicking it out to you. If you have the ball and aren't an iso god, you'll probably notice a lack of proper spacing, that's because LeBron is resting at the top of the key or near half court, don't expect a screen from him, so the only option most of the time is to give the ball back to LeBron and space out. Anyone not named LeBron will probably always be out of rhythm since you won't get to dribble / shoot until he feels like letting you. If you're a PF you drew the short straw since now you are expected to be a knockdown shooter and as agile as a SG on the perimeter while being able to dominate in the post like you did before. This is because LeBron wants rebounds, and spacing, so learning the 3 ball is what doomed you to this fate of always being blamed. Even though everything hinges on LeBron, it can never be his fault."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Saw this comment on YouTube about Lebron on YouTube and thought it was interesting:

Quote:
"The LeBron system is basically this: If you're not named LeBron, space out around the 3 point line so that LeBron can go 1 on 1 driving to the basket. Be ready to catch and shoot anytime LeBron feels like kicking it out to you. If you have the ball and aren't an iso god, you'll probably notice a lack of proper spacing, that's because LeBron is resting at the top of the key or near half court, don't expect a screen from him, so the only option most of the time is to give the ball back to LeBron and space out. Anyone not named LeBron will probably always be out of rhythm since you won't get to dribble / shoot until he feels like letting you. If you're a PF you drew the short straw since now you are expected to be a knockdown shooter and as agile as a SG on the perimeter while being able to dominate in the post like you did before. This is because LeBron wants rebounds, and spacing, so learning the 3 ball is what doomed you to this fate of always being blamed. Even though everything hinges on LeBron, it can never be his fault."

It's exaggerated obviously but it is true nevertheless
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
22 wrote:

Quote:

It's exaggerated obviously but it is true nevertheless

Agreed exaggerated. It's definitely how the cavs played against us on Sunday. To me the question is would Lebron still play like that if he came here. I tend to think he would but idk
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Quote:

we gone need 2 million more of these types of posts to reverse all the good will he gained with that massacre of Nurkic last night

he look like he got 12 years minimum left in them legs
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
22 wrote:

Quote:

we gone need 2 million more of these types of posts to reverse all the good will he gained with that massacre of Nurkic last night

He's like the antidote to Dengism.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
22 wrote:

Quote:

what if the cavs stole some of deng's life force in 2014 and used the promise of immortality via life energy stealing as a bribe to get Lebron to come back
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

I love this guy.

LeBron James: 'I'm like fine wine; I get better with age'

Quote:
"You can just say I'm like fine wine; I get better with age. That's what it says," the 33-year-old James said after a 129-107 win over the Phoenix Suns on Tuesday.

When it was suggested that teams around the league playing at a faster pace could have something to do with it -- because more possessions mean more chances to rack up statistics -- James shot down that premise.

"More possessions my ass. What are you talking about?" James said. "I'm getting better with age. That's what it's saying."

DK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I love this guy.

LeBron James: 'I'm like fine wine; I get better with age'

Quote:
"You can just say I'm like fine wine; I get better with age. That's what it says," the 33-year-old James said after a 129-107 win over the Phoenix Suns on Tuesday.

When it was suggested that teams around the league playing at a faster pace could have something to do with it -- because more possessions mean more chances to rack up statistics -- James shot down that premise.

"More possessions my ass. What are you talking about?" James said. "I'm getting better with age. That's what it's saying."

Let me say first that LeBron's talent is undeniable. However, I have never been a fan of his persona, going all the way back to him as a rookie and through the years. HOWEVER, if starting around this time he takes it upon himself to adopt the Kobe-esque "I'm too old for this ****", lack of filter, salty-as-hell persona, then I am all for it.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
no thanks

But Kobe can literally stare at his coach like he is thinking about beating him to death and all we do is make a .gif of it and idolize him a little more.

Star players do this with pretty much any coach that isn't Riley, Phil or Pop.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
22 wrote:

Quote:

what if the cavs stole some of deng's life force in 2014 and used the promise of immortality via life energy stealing as a bribe to get Lebron to come back

If we get a "vino" form of LeBron then it'll be hard to complain.

Unless we lose Julius then I'm turning this whole thing upside down you feel me?!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject:

Nah yo. Jules/LBJ will be the modern day bash brothers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 164, 165, 166 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 165 of 2079
Jump to: