2018 Lottery watch- hoping Lakers send 10th pick to Philly- Buck Foston!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
I think we end up with the 19th pick with Cleveland finishing with 12th best record in the league, compared to our 12th pick (given to Philly). Not bad.

That pick likely never plays on the Lakers.

Youhave to start to wonder if we try to trade Deng before the draft if the pick falls in the teens. It would almost be more valuable than 2 future 1st round picks.

I tend to agree... but the better the pick we get from Cleveland, the less we have to give up otherwise to trade Deng. Whether we use it or not, the 19th pick is definitely a perk.

I think it will take 2 first round picks to dump Deng. I dunno if this a strong draft class but if we can trade our 2 first rounds picks for a lottery pick, that might seal the deal too.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:12 am    Post subject:

Sucks that the draft is ahead of FA. We'd have to know if LBJ/PG13 are coming (only real reason to trade Deng now), and then basically trade with a team so that we draft the guy they want.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sucks that the draft is ahead of FA. We'd have to know if LBJ/PG13 are coming (only real reason to trade Deng now), and then basically trade with a team so that we draft the guy they want.

Agreed. Why get rid of Deng this off season if its not needed. Unlike our previous FO, this FO is not going to wait on anyone. They will go into attack mode right away. When we get PG, the off season should be deemed a success. After that, its all gravy. The FO is not going to exhaust available options to improve our team by waiting on players.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Did anyone see what Jared Dudley and Marquese Chriss did to Ricky Rubio today in the Jazz-Suns game? The Suns are such a joke of a franchise.

NO, what did they do?

Chriss missed a dunk and fell down, and as the Jazz went back up the court with the ball, Dudley took a cheap, hard foul on Rubio. Then when Rubio's teammates naturally were not happy with that, Chriss goes over to Rubio and blindsides him with a hit. (Not a punch, just more running contact that you'd never expect to get from the blindside.) Both Suns were ejected.

Funny how this is being played in the media. The Suns are getting all the negative attention and Utah players seem to be getting a pass.

Utah prides itself for having a toughness or edge. They have for decades. It is in their culture to get under the skin of opponents. Yet this is getting reported as Rubio and Jazz were innocently going about their business when the Sun's players lost their minds. I did not watch the game but i would be willing to bet there was some Utah instigation throughout the game.

Even on the clip. Chriss was undercut and landed hard. No foul? He didn't simply miss the dunk as is being reported. Then Rubio steps over him. Small detail but tends to draw player reactions all season long when someone does it.

Also found it interesting that in the aftermath Mitchell runs the length of the court to actively get into the shoving match and instigate and only gets a tech?

Maybe it is my anti- Jazz bias but I have no sympathy for them in this. No doubt Suns lost their cool. But I am going out on a limb and believe that Utah was far from the Angels the media is portraying.

I agree, Rubio's deserved reputation as a flopper has to be taken into consideration. The Suns came out looking bad, but think back to the source of the problem and it's not a coincidence when guys are getting ejected for "decking" Rubio on a monthly basis.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
I think we end up with the 19th pick with Cleveland finishing with 12th best record in the league, compared to our 12th pick (given to Philly). Not bad.

That pick likely never plays on the Lakers.

Youhave to start to wonder if we try to trade Deng before the draft if the pick falls in the teens. It would almost be more valuable than 2 future 1st round picks.

I tend to agree... but the better the pick we get from Cleveland, the less we have to give up otherwise to trade Deng. Whether we use it or not, the 19th pick is definitely a perk.

I think it will take 2 first round picks to dump Deng. I dunno if this a strong draft class but if we can trade our 2 first rounds picks for a lottery pick, that might seal the deal too.

Cleveland 2018 + future LA first for a 2018 lottery first?

Backend of the lottery, but very doubtful can get in top ten.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

Game of the night is Clippers at Thunder. We have to root for the Thunder. A win would put them 1.5 games ahead of Cleveland.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Game of the night is Clippers at Thunder. We have to root for the Thunder. A win would put them 1.5 games ahead of Cleveland.

I’m rooting for OKC to lose every game and miss the playoffs.

Let’s go Clips!

(Barf!)
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

I think our Cleveland pick is more important than OKC winning.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I think our Cleveland pick is more important than OKC winning.

We can have both OKC miss the playoffs and the Cavs pick drop- doesn’t have to be either/or.

The Cavs pick will be later than all the teams that miss the playoffs.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Did anyone see what Jared Dudley and Marquese Chriss did to Ricky Rubio today in the Jazz-Suns game? The Suns are such a joke of a franchise.

NO, what did they do?

Chriss missed a dunk and fell down, and as the Jazz went back up the court with the ball, Dudley took a cheap, hard foul on Rubio. Then when Rubio's teammates naturally were not happy with that, Chriss goes over to Rubio and blindsides him with a hit. (Not a punch, just more running contact that you'd never expect to get from the blindside.) Both Suns were e

Funny how this is being played in the media. The Suns are getting all the negative attention and Utah players seem to be getting a pass.

Utah prides itself for having a toughness or edge. They have for decades. It is in their culture to get under the skin of opponents. Yet this is getting reported as Rubio and Jazz were innocently going about their business when the Sun's players lost their minds. I did not watch the game but i would be willing to bet there was some Utah instigation throughout the game.

Even on the clip. Chriss was undercut and landed hard. No foul? He didn't simply miss the dunk as is being reported. Then Rubio steps over him. Small detail but tends to draw player reactions all season long when someone does it.

Also found it interesting that in the aftermath Mitchell runs the length of the court to actively get into the shoving match and instigate and only gets a tech?

Maybe it is my anti- Jazz bias but I have no sympathy for them in this. No doubt Suns lost their cool. But I am going out on a limb and believe that Utah was far from the Angels the media is portraying.

I agree, Rubio's deserved reputation as a flopper has to be taken into consideration. The Suns came out looking bad, but think back to the source of the problem and it's not a coincidence when guys are getting ejected for "decking" Rubio on a monthly basis.

I'm sure the Jazz had it coming....
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject:

OKC is not going to miss the playoffs.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
ingle wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

NO, what did they do?

Chriss missed a dunk and fell down, and as the Jazz went back up the court with the ball, Dudley took a cheap, hard foul on Rubio. Then when Rubio's teammates naturally were not happy with that, Chriss goes over to Rubio and blindsides him with a hit. (Not a punch, just more running contact that you'd never expect to get from the blindside.) Both Suns were e

I'm sure the Jazz had it coming....

Jalen Rose breaks down the drama between the Suns and Jazz | Jalen and Jacoby | ESPN

cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Watching Nets @ Sixers in a close game, with 4 minutes left. D'lo with two straight lazy turnovers. Casually tossing it to a teammate in the backcourt with Simmons between them, and trying to force an entry pass into the post the next time down. Just the same ol' mistakes & hiccups that aggravated us to no end. I'm rooting for him but you just can't see it turning around with efforts like that
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
Watching Nets @ Sixers in a close game, with 4 minutes left. D'lo with two straight lazy turnovers. Casually tossing it to a teammate in the backcourt with Simmons between them, and trying to force an entry pass into the post the next time down. Just the same ol' mistakes & hiccups that aggravated us to no end. I'm rooting for him but you just can't see it turning around with efforts like that

Right. Atkinson yanked him after that. It's a shame that this is basically his team but his lack of effort has him on the bench during a close game. He's so much more talented than his effort testifies to.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
cyborgspider wrote:

Right. Atkinson yanked him after that. It's a shame that this is basically his team but his lack of effort has him on the bench during a close game. He's so much more talented than his effort testifies to.

It's all a maturity issue. Dude doesn't want to be great. He is Swaggy P, Ricky Davis, Darius Miles, etc.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Thunder & Clips are in a somewhat close game (LA down 7 in 3rd quarter at this writing). Clips off a tough loss last night, today begins OKC's "murderer's row" of +500 teams. Time to put up or shut up.

In other distant tank news, the Mavs are up six with 4 minutes at Toronto... doesn't affect us either way but I feel bad for the Chicagos & Dallas' of the NBA Tank Race, they've been the most accepting of the Tank Mentality but it's going in reverse for them.

* Just heard the news Durant is out for two weeks UGH WHY COULDN'T THAT HAPPEN BEFORE THE LAKERS GAME? I don't root for injuries but the timing stinks.
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Corey Brewer is having more impact in this game than Paul George. Paul's shot like twice in the entire 4th quarter and they were both just ISO drives he decided to take (maybe it's his groin injury lingering, but when did he become a 5th option)
Amin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject:

There is a legit shot we could get a top 16 pick out of the Cavs. I wouldn't have ever guess that would be the case at the start of the season. They are literally within a game of falling to around 15.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:53 am    Post subject:

I'd love for Cleveland to go on a 4 game losing streak and wind up the 8th seed
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject:

They have an easy schedule to finish the year, they already have 5 guaranteed wins with the tanking teams (Bulls, Suns, Mavs, Knicks x2), and you can add another win with the Nets who are terrible...

@ Chicago Bulls
Milwaukee Bucks
Toronto Raptors
Phoenix Suns
@ Brooklyn Nets
@ Miami Heat
@ Charlotte Hornets
New Orleans Pelicans
Dallas Mavericks
Toronto Raptors
Washington Wizards
@ Philadelphia 76ers
@ New York Knicks
New York Knicks
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
They have an easy schedule to finish the year, they already have 5 guaranteed wins with the tanking teams (Bulls, Suns, Mavs, Knicks x2), and you can add another win with the Nets who are terrible...

@ Chicago Bulls
Milwaukee Bucks
Toronto Raptors
Phoenix Suns
@ Brooklyn Nets
@ Miami Heat
@ Charlotte Hornets
New Orleans Pelicans
Dallas Mavericks
Toronto Raptors
Washington Wizards
@ Philadelphia 76ers
@ New York Knicks
New York Knicks

If things really went off the rails, I could see them going 5-9 in an absolute worst-case scenario. But I will say they go 9-5.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject:

Tough loss for us last night but at least we held our ranking.

Tonight's tank watch games:

Pacers @ Wizards (toss up for me)
Rockets @ Pelicans
Hornets @ Knicks (Hornets 1gm behind us)
Cavaliers @ Bulls (tank game of the night)
Nuggets @ Memphis (Nuggets 1.5gm behind Cavs)
T-Wolves @ Spurs (another toss up)
Kings @ Jazz (Jazz 0.5gm behind Cavs)
Pistons @ Blazers (Blazers 3gm ahead of Cavs)

Not even going to bother putting the Bucks on this list anymore until they start playing better.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Judah wrote:
cyborgspider wrote:

It's all a maturity issue. Dude doesn't want to be great. He is Swaggy P, Ricky Davis, Darius Miles, etc.

Pretty much. Sometimes it's better to trade sooner rather than later. I was against the trade initially but I think it worked out.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Knicks are blowing out the Hornets.
parsons777
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Chi only down 4...

Go Denzel!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 30 of 61
Jump to: