OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 932, 933, 934 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:

RichD wrote:
The Grind wrote:
Zo is going through a bad stretch. Similar to how he was playing in the beginning of the season. He will bounce back.

Bad stretch? He's historically bad.

Well at least we have a good thing going with historically bad rookies. We can expect as big of a leap from Lonzo next season as BI's leap this season right?
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
The Grind wrote:
Zo is going through a bad stretch. Similar to how he was playing in the beginning of the season. He will bounce back.

Or he doesn't and we have the worst scoring PG ever. But hey at least he'll be the Tony Allen of point guards.

And that's the crux of the debate. Zo has eerily similar numbers to rookie Jason Kidd, yet some are convinced he is done developing as a player. Is it just pessimism, do they have an agenda, or do they get enjoyment making people respond to their absurd statements?

Last edited by OCWA on Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He's historically bad yet our team is much better with him on the floor. Go figure. I can't wait until he becomes an average player. Kobe is the first player I saw his whole career and I can understand why fans don't like Lonzo's game. It's not easy to appreciate. Kobe had talent that just stood out. Lonzo is a different type of talent but if he can improve some basics, he is going to be great.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

I swear, people really expose how mentally weak they are when the team loses.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo is ahead of where Ingram was as a rookie.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Randle started out shooting 43% and got up to 57% by his third year without even having Lonzo's three pointer.

It's really painful to see Zo struggle on offense but he's doing fine running the offense and playing defense. If JR and BI can make such growth driving inside then I'm sure Lonzo can as well, and maybe they can even teach him.

I never thought Julius would be anything more than a football player in a basketball uniform but he's learning to use his right hand, he's passing more and no one can deny his shooting percentage. Use those two as guidelines when it all looks hopeless.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:

It's almost like the last two and a half months before this recent stretch didn't even happen
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
The Grind wrote:

It's almost like the last two and a half months before this recent stretch didn't even happen

Two and a half months where he played what? 10 games? 15?
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Come on people, let's be honest. The only reason we debate Lonzo so ferociously is because we don't want to talk or interact with our significant others. This is our bastion. Whether we know it or not we are all on the same page.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
RichD wrote:
The Grind wrote:

Well at least we have a good thing going with historically bad rookies. We can expect as big of a leap from Lonzo next season as BI's leap this season right?

I hope this is true. I'm rooting for Lonzo. I'm really just talking about today. I think he's going to be at least Rickie rubio. And probably better.. But this year please stop shooting
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
RichD wrote:
The Grind wrote:

This makes some sense. I remember thinking that BI was rushing shots and shooting scared.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject:

And BI even had more ridiculous length but he could not finish worth crap. Lonzo has length and athleticism yet he looks like Fisher out there. I think he will improve a lot.
GODBE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject:

After the Spurs game, teams have been taking away his 3 point shot and forcing him to drive. And on drives, they are taking away the pass and forcing him to score, which he is awful at.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject:

BI always had a nice looking form to his shot...His shots were eventually going to fall. You can't compare the two.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Godbe wrote:
After the Spurs game, teams have been taking away his 3 point shot and forcing him to drive. And on drives, they are taking away the pass and forcing him to score, which he is awful at.

Thanks for the facts, but you need to take a stand you fence sitter. Is he Kendall Marshall or Magic Johnson?
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject:

The first practice after the season is over...If Magic/Pelinka don't start working on a new shooting form for Lonzo immediately, they are dumber than I could have imagined.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
The first practice after the season is over...If Magic/Pelinka don't start working on a new shooting form for Lonzo immediately, they are dumber than I could have imagined.

Have you seen Pelinka shoot the ball? Seriously, Lonzo needs to do this on his own, as we have seen with Julius, paid trainers who do one thing are a better way to spend the time.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Kendall Marshall or Magic Johnson
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Have you seen Pelinka shoot the ball? Seriously, Lonzo needs to do this on his own, as we have seen with Julius, paid trainers who do one thing are a better way to spend the time.

Good one.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Good one.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

Kendall Marshall hit threes consistently when he was with us.

But Lonzo should be loads better than he was.

Would still take Marshall as backup point guard if we had a scoring 2 off the bench to combine with Kuzma etc.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

Kendall Marshall hit threes consistently when he was with us.

But Lonzo should be loads better than he was.

Would still take Marshall as backup point guard if we had a scoring 2 off the bench to combine with Kuzma etc.

Kendall is a nice passer but he just doesn't have NBA level athleticism. That is one reason why I don't worry about Lonzo. His athleticism is quite good despite what the experts thought.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject:

RichD wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
RichD wrote:
The Grind wrote:

I hope this is true. I'm rooting for Lonzo. I'm really just talking about today. I think he's going to be at least Rickie rubio. And probably better.. But this year please stop shooting

Stop shooting for what ? Lmaoo you guys are so dramatic . He is a rookie going through bad stretch . Because that’s never happened before . Lakers aren’t making playoffs. I want him to play through it he will be a better player for it . Learn from it .

Last edited by Hydro21 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

Jason Kidd
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

Jason Kidd

Rajon Rondo
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 932, 933, 934 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 933 of 1688
Jump to: