OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1278, 1279, 1280 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Chris Paul to Houston was specifically sketchy. But hey no one bats an eye cause they are not the Lakers.

Yes, they haven’t been nailed 3 times in one year for tampering.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
If George is “locked in”, we are facing some serious tampering charges.

Yes and LeBron, Wade, and Bosh just randomly ended up in Miami and CP3 randomly ended up in Houston.

I don’t think that you understand tampering. What Laker player is George tight with and wants to join?

Chris Paul wasnt close to harden.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Chris Paul to Houston was specifically sketchy. But hey no one bats an eye cause they are not the Lakers.

Yes, they are not the Lakers.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

having hot flashes of Jeanie at the podium with that trophy? that you hang on to the minor things?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

I personally believe in following rules... however, if no one else is following them... I'm not going to be the only fool who does.

And this is why every professional cyclist was doping once upon a time, and why probably 75% of baseball players were on the juice in the 1990's and 2000's.

For some reason I draw the line at performing enhancing drugs because that is cheating on the field or court for me. Signing the team doesn't bother me because I think everyone talks to each other in the social media era.

I find it inconceivable that anything involving personnel is random and left mostly to chance.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

having hot flashes of Jeanie at the podium with that trophy? that you hang on to the minor things?

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Yes and LeBron, Wade, and Bosh just randomly ended up in Miami and CP3 randomly ended up in Houston.

I don’t think that you understand tampering. What Laker player is George tight with and wants to join?

Chris Paul wanted to play with Harden. Again, what Laker player?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

He knows what your point was and chose to ignore it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

He knows what your point aas and chose to ignore it.

Actually I am smart enough to understand it. No tampering, no worries no matter who we are. Years of history to support that. Educate yourself.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Thats wasnt your aim in the previous post. Now the questiom is who the george want to play with. Well word is he wants to play with all the young guys especially Lonzo
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Educate yourself...

Says a guy who's stuck in the 60's. It must hurt having a female owner doesn't it?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Educate yourself...

Says a guy who's stuck in the 60's. It must hurt having a female owner doesn't it?

We have 3 of them. Tough when that chip on your shoulder really isn’t there.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Thats wasnt your aim in the previous post. Now the question is who the george want to play with. LOL Well word is he wants to play with all the young guys especially Lonzo

Last edited by Car54 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Educate yourself...

His 60's male ego doesn't allow it.

1 good trait of smart people tough: they don't go on a public forum and advertise they are smart

Last edited by Jesusdelonla on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Educate yourself...

1 good trait of smart people tough: they don't go on a public forum and advertise I am smart

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Educate yourself...

1 good trait of smart people tough: they don't go on a public forum and advertise they are smart

The ironic nb is rich coming from one of the biggest crow eaters here. Just keep being Jim in all your iterations.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Educate yourself...

We have 3 of them. Tough when that chip on your shoulder really isn’t there.

Poor guy. How does it feel?
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
So Sentinet Meat thinks a series of NBA coaches (who get fired if they don’t win games) kept IT on the bench behind other players because they’re prejudiced against him because he’s short, not because he is a massive defensive liability and/or because his game wasn’t fully developed at that time.

Sentient Meat brings up this height prejudice idea over and over in his posts.

Serious question- how tall are you ?

I'm 5 9, so since I've never aspired to be a basketball player, it's never been an impediment to my personal or professional life. It's better to be tall of course in both those categories, but honestly I never was labeled the short guy nor have I ever been called tall.

I'm fascinated though by your question... I wonder who hates IT... tall people... or short people who have self loathing issues?

I do identify with underdogs though... in basketball I was born in Los Angeles and both my parents and one of my grandmothers went to UCLA so I've always been spoiled for good teams. But if my team is not involved I will root for the underdog.

How tall are you?

I don't think you can ignore height as part of the component as I constantly see disparaging references to his height on social media.

ETA: Going out for the day... will reply later if anyone replies to this post.

Thanks for the response.

I’m 6’4, and have no problem with IT’s height. There may be twitter trolls that hate him because he’s short, but no NBA coach would play an inferior player ahead of him due to prejudice against his height.

They might not play him because he’s the worst defensive player in the NBA, which is partially due to his height, but it’s not because they’re prejudiced against him.

My issues with IT are the same as when we signed him- he’s a massive defensive liability (especially for a young team that is still building its foundation on defense), who thinks he’s an NBA MVP-level player, and he’s looking to showcase his worth for his next contract so he can get the big payday he’s been seeking for years.

That means there will be times like tonight where he tries to play hero ball instead of buying into the team ball culture that Luke has worked so hard to create. He wants to be a starter and be treated like an MVP, in terms of minutes and shots. That’s not happening here, so he’s a bad fit on offense and defense.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Educate yourself...

The ironic nb is rich coming from one of the biggest crow eaters here. Just keep being Jim in all your iterations.

We are going to win multiple championships with Jeannie whether you like it or not

Clippersground that way =>
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Educate yourself...

We are going to win multiple championships with Jeannie whether you like it or not

I hope we do. But be honest, do you honestly think that Jeanie owns the Lakers?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Educate yourself...

I hope we do. But be honest, do you honestly think that Jeanie owns the Lakers?

Ha ha so funny. Flip flop flip flop

Now Jeannie is not even the owner

GN
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Jeanie is the controlling owner of the Lakers. Arguing semantics like always.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
So Sentinet Meat thinks a series of NBA coaches (who get fired if they don’t win games) kept IT on the bench behind other players because they’re prejudiced against him because he’s short, not because he is a massive defensive liability and/or because his game wasn’t fully developed at that time.

Sentient Meat brings up this height prejudice idea over and over in his posts.

Serious question- how tall are you ?

I'm 5 9, so since I've never aspired to be a basketball player, it's never been an impediment to my personal or professional life. It's better to be tall of course in both those categories, but honestly I never was labeled the short guy nor have I ever been called tall.

I'm fascinated though by your question... I wonder who hates IT... tall people... or short people who have self loathing issues?

I do identify with underdogs though... in basketball I was born in Los Angeles and both my parents and one of my grandmothers went to UCLA so I've always been spoiled for good teams. But if my team is not involved I will root for the underdog.

How tall are you?

I don't think you can ignore height as part of the component as I constantly see disparaging references to his height on social media.

ETA: Going out for the day... will reply later if anyone replies to this post.

Thanks for the response.

I’m 6’4, and have no problem with IT’s height. There may be twitter trolls that hate him because he’s short, but no NBA coach would play an inferior player ahead of him due to prejudice against his height.

They might not play him because he’s the worst defensive player in the NBA, which is partially due to his height, but it’s not because they’re prejudiced against him.

My issues with IT are the same as when we signed him- he’s a massive defensive liability (especially for a young team that is still building its foundation on defense), who thinks he’s an NBA MVP-level player, and he’s looking to showcase his worth for his next contract so he can get the big payday he’s been seeking for years.

That means there will be times like tonight where he tries to play hero ball instead of buying into the team ball culture that Luke has worked so hard to create. He wants to be a starter and be treated like an MVP, in terms of minutes and shots. That’s not happening here, so he’s a bad fit on offense and defense.

I have no problem with posters who give intelligent responses... I myself have complained about Randle being undersized at the center position in the past. I'm aware that basketball is a tall man's game, and have no problem accepting the physics involved.

Recently someone proposed a Sixers team who would trade AD for Simmons and some other pieces and put LeBron/Embiid/AD on the front line.

I personally would love to have that on my team.

My passionate defense of IT is mainly due to my worries about Lonzo's transition to star PG (I believe in him, but feel it will be a year or two before he can fully lead a serious playoff run)... Our failure to sign Rondo and using Ennis as a backup to Lonzo, made me very averse to the idea of putting everything on Zo's learning curve as well as his injury record.

I feel someone like Damien or Kemba would be perfect, but obviously we'd have to give up assets to acquire someone of that caliber... I felt as though IT fell into our lap as damaged goods, and when I saw many of his skills were intact, I thought... why not try to find a way to work him into a three man rotation with Lonzo and Hart... where you'd platoon him based on need. If you need scoring... you keep him on the court... if you want to close the game... you leave Zo and Hart in. If Zo gets injured... you have a built in backup to use until he gets back on the floor. Obviously, this didn't work tonight... but most nights I think it would.

I have always agreed with the LBJ/PG plan first, and will be happy if that's what Maginka ends up getting for us. However, I felt as though IT would be a good fall back plan if one or more of the elites didn't come. I'm well aware of his flaws defensively... but when I saw he could still score 20 points even on off nights, I thought that is still something you'd want to integrate if possible.

I don't like bullying or stupidity in general and we've had quite a lot of posts that demonstrated both. Making a criticism of his turnovers, his committing in the air without a plan, his slipping, his careless passing is all fair game to me.

But when people just say oh he's terrible, he doesn't belong in the league when he's running the offense and outscoring our entire lineup most of the time... I get annoyed because of the ignorance involved.

Earlier in the year I defended Lonzo... last season I defended Ingram...
Right now IT has been my personal pet because of the above reason.

However, I wouldn't pay him the max... I wouldn't want him over LBJ or PG13... but I'd definitely pay him if the alternative was journeymen like Jack or Chalmers.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Thats wasnt your aim in the previous post. Now the questiom is who the george want to play with. Well word is he wants to play with all the young guys especially Lonzo

where did you hear that word?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:59 am    Post subject:

With the way Julius has been playing and assuming we hit HR (PG/LBJ), if the price to move Deng is Cavs 2018 pick + Hart (+ maybe even a 2nd rd), might have to do it
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1278, 1279, 1280 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1279 of 2680
Jump to: