The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1396, 1397, 1398 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Doc JC wrote:
You don’t trade Hart who has already proven to at least be a rotation player. His contract for the next 4 years is too team friendly to move him.

Him and Kuzma’s contracts are what will make this team able to build a championship caliber roster.

The hard question is would you trade Hart if he’s the Deng price? Or would you rather let Randle go and keep Hart/1st rd pick? I have to go with keeping Randle

No on trading any productive player to get rid of Deng. And we don’t need to get rid of Deng to keep Julius.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Doc JC wrote:
You don’t trade Hart who has already proven to at least be a rotation player. His contract for the next 4 years is too team friendly to move him.

Him and Kuzma’s contracts are what will make this team able to build a championship caliber roster.

The hard question is would you trade Hart if he’s the Deng price? Or would you rather let Randle go and keep Hart/1st rd pick? I have to go with keeping Randle

I doubt Hart is the Deng price.
Hart/Cleveland 2018/Lakers 2020 is probably what a team like the Hawks is gunning for.

You can probably cut it to Hart/Cle '18 or Cle '18/ Lakers '20, but I don't think Hart by himself gets the job done.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Randle, Hart and Lonzo is a pretty good defensive foundation. If you added Bron and George, defensively that's a monstrous group.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Dont trade Hart. CLE 1st, Future Lakers 1st (lotto protected) plus cash should be enough to dump deng
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
Randle is going to be a Laker next year. We have is rights and can match any offer. There is nothing really to think about at this point it is going to happen. The question will be for how much will he be resigned.

As to whether we can also sign PG and or Lebron that is still to be answered. With Randle playing at an all star level for the last 2 months and BI emerging we have 2 other players that will be ready for prime time next season. Add 2 prime time player to PG & Lebron and you are talking deep into the playoffs.

On top of that we have 2 other players in Lonzo and Kuzma that are really talented and should be expected to take a big leap next year. That is not to bad either.

We will need to get rid of Deng and to dump him we have a combination of Cleveland 1st round pick, Hart, Zubac and Bryant. Someone like Dallas who is rebuilding might bite on getting Hart and a number 1 or Hart and Bryant with Deng but some combination should be able to be worked out that helps both teams.

Maybe KCP or Lopez comes back with the Mid Level exception.

If we only get PG or Lebron we probably bring back KCP with the other spot. Either way I think if we sign either one we are an upper tier playoff team next year. I think with our young core, our coach and front office we are an attractive destination and the only reason I can see Lebron passing on us is if he thinks we are too young.

The future looks bright and JR will be part of that future.

Whether Randle remains a Laker really depends on whether we get the 2 max. If we can both convince Lebron and PG13 to come, we need to trade Deng in order to have enough room for Randle's 12 mil plus cap hold. Only then can we match any offer for Randle.

If we can't trade Deng and want to sign Lebron and PG13, we will have to renounce Randle, and with it the ability to match any offer for him. This is needed to free up the 12 plus mil to give Lebron and PG13 their maxes. We would also have to stretch Deng in order for the 2 maxes to work.

We might be able to trade Deng though if we attach one or two 1st round picks with him.

Last edited by Vanquish on Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Assuming a $102 million cap, if you trade Deng/Cle 1st/$5 Million for Asik and stretch his contract you can have the following roster while falling $2.1 million short of full max slots for LeBron and George:

Randle 12.4 (hold)
Ball 7.46
Ingram 5.75
Kuzma 1.69
Hart 1.65
Zubac 1.54 (non-guaranteed)
Bryant 1.38 (non-guaranteed)
Room Exception

If you drop one of Zu or Bryant you're within $1.4 million. With the addition of some of the new patch deals and a strong interest in the playoffs, the cap could also come in a million or two higher. While that raises the maxes for Lebron and George too, it still gets you closer.

No need to trade a 1st and Hart to move Deng.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
governator wrote:
Doc JC wrote:

I doubt Hart is the Deng price.
Hart/Cleveland 2018/Lakers 2020 is probably what a team like the Hawks is gunning for.

You can probably cut it to Hart/Cle '18 or Cle '18/ Lakers '20, but I don't think Hart by himself gets the job done.

If a team out there truly wants to do this deal, Rob would have to think long and hard about it. Ideally, a deal would be limited to just the 2 1st rounders.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Assuming a $102 million cap, if you trade Deng/Cle 1st/$5 Million for Asik and stretch his contract you can have the following roster while falling $2.1 million short of full max slots for LeBron and George:

Randle 12.4 (hold)
Ball 7.46
Ingram 5.75
Kuzma 1.69
Hart 1.65
Room Exception

If you drop one of Zu or Bryant you're within $1.4 million. With the addition of some of the new patch deals and a strong interest in the playoffs, the cap could also come in a million or two higher. While that raises the maxes for Lebron and George too, it still gets you closer.

If we stretch Deng and let Zubac and Bryant go, how much cap space are we talking about?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
Doc JC wrote:

No on trading any productive player to get rid of Deng. And we don’t need to get rid of Deng to keep Julius.

Definitely agree. Hart will be a very good role player and cheap for the first 4 years. Would rather stretch Deng than lose him. I don’t mind disposing our future our first round draft picks though like the Cavs pick and our pick next year to dump Deng.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
Doc JC wrote:

Definitely agree. Hart will be a very good role player and cheap for the first 4 years. Would rather stretch Deng than lose him. I don’t mind disposing our future our first round draft picks though like the Cavs pick and our pick next year to dump Deng.

If we get Lebron and PG13, we will need to trade Deng to keep Julius. Stretching Deng in that case only results in 5 mil left in salary, hardly enough for JR's cap hold.

To get all 3, Lebron, PG13 and Julius, we will need room for the 2 max plus space for JR's 12 mil cap hold. Only then can we match any offer for JR

Larry Coon broke in down in a previous thread. I'll try to look for it.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Got this from the 'Now that it is possible to trade the 2019 pick, what are the options?' thread, page 2. Part about Randle, in Bold

LarryCoon wrote:
The Lakers need to make a decision on Zubac by June 30, and Bryant & Ennis by July 5, otherwise their salaries guarantee. Let's assume they try to maximize cap space and let all of them go. They're left with:

Code:

Lonzo $7,461,960 (est. baseline scale amount)
Deng $18,000,000
Hart $1,394,520 (est. baseline scale amount)
Ingram $5,757,120 (est. baseline scale amount)
Kuzma $1,689,840 (est. baseline scale amount)
2018 #25 $1,385,000 (est. position & baseline scale amount)
Holds $5,140,000 (est. empty roster charges)

This adds up to $40,828,440. With a $101M estimated cap, that leaves $60,171,560 in cap room. The 10+ year max (eg: Bron) will be $35,350,000, and the 7-9 year max (eg: PG) will be $30,300,000. Signing both would take about $4.622 million more than they have. And in the process they'd have to lose Brewer, KCP, Ennis, Frye, Lopez, Randle, IT and Zu (and still not have enough).

If they do a straight waive & stretch of Deng they'd gain another $11.495M in cap room. That brings their room to about $69.95M -- enough to sign both players with about $5.3M left to spare. That's not enough to hang onto Randle or any of their other FAs's Bird rights -- their cap holds are all larger than that amount, but they could keep two of Zu, Ennis and Bryant, or use the cap room to chase someone else.

Note that the only way to keep Randle would be to find a trade for Luol, get creative with an extend-and-stretch scenario, or find a suitable sign-and-trade for Bron or PG.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
Got this from the 'Now that it is possible to trade the 2019 pick, what are the options?' thread, page 2. Part about Randle, in Bold

LarryCoon wrote:
The Lakers need to make a decision on Zubac by June 30, and Bryant & Ennis by July 5, otherwise their salaries guarantee. Let's assume they try to maximize cap space and let all of them go. They're left with:

Code:

Deng $18,000,000

This adds up to $40,828,440. With a $101M estimated cap, that leaves $60,171,560 in cap room. The 10+ year max (eg: Bron) will be $35,350,000, and the 7-9 year max (eg: PG) will be $30,300,000. Signing both would take about $4.622 million more than they have. And in the process they'd have to lose Brewer, KCP, Ennis, Frye, Lopez, Randle, IT and Zu (and still not have enough).

If they do a straight waive & stretch of Deng they'd gain another $11.495M in cap room. That brings their room to about $69.95M -- enough to sign both players with about $5.3M left to spare. That's not enough to hang onto Randle or any of their other FAs's Bird rights -- their cap holds are all larger than that amount, but they could keep two of Zu, Ennis and Bryant, or use the cap room to chase someone else.

Note that the only way to keep Randle would be to find a trade for Luol, get creative with an extend-and-stretch scenario, or find a suitable sign-and-trade for Bron or PG.

If Lebron seriously wants to come to LA with PG, I can see him taking about 30 million so the team can retain Randle. If I remember correctly, he took less in Miami in order to get the Big Three together.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
Vanquish wrote:

LarryCoon wrote:

Code:

Deng $18,000,000

If Lebron seriously wants to come to LA with PG, I can see him taking about 30 million so the team can retain Randle. If I remember correctly, he took less in Miami in order to get the Big Three together.

Do you think Cleveland/OKC would be willing to do a sign and trade if they know they're going to lose Lebron/PG13 regardless. That might be a possibility where both sides mutually benefit.

Also have the sign and trade rules changed for teams over the salary cap, I'm really outdated in that regard.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
Vanquish wrote:

LarryCoon wrote:

Code:

Deng $18,000,000

Do you think Cleveland/OKC would be willing to do a sign and trade if they know they're going to lose Lebron/PG13 regardless. That might be a possibility where both sides mutually benefit.

Also have the sign and trade rules changed for teams over the salary cap, I'm really outdated in that regard.

OKC would definitely do a sign and trade. They already lost KD for nothing, there's no way they'd pass on the chance to get something for PG.

In that scenario I imagine the Lakers would have to give up Kuz, Byrant or Zubac, and all their available draft picks.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:

I can’t emphatically answer your question, but I do know that if they did agree to a sign and trade, it’d be rather costly for both teams, especially Cleveland as they are over the cap in luxury tax land.

I know it’s sacreligious around here, but in the trade thread I proposed a sign and trade with Cleveland for James that involves Randle and Deng.

If Randle signs for 18 mill per with Deng’s 18 mill per, that works out to an even swap for James’ over 35 mill per signing.

It’d cost Cleveland lots and lots of money in luxury tax, but they’d get a stud in Randle who, along with their high draft pick, could lead them to the playoffs next year.

Objectively speaking, I’d definitely do it if I were Cleveland.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
Vanquish wrote:

LarryCoon wrote:

Code:

Deng $18,000,000

OKC would definitely do a sign and trade. They already lost KD for nothing, there's no way they'd pass on the chance to get something for PG.

In that scenario I imagine the Lakers would have to give up Kuz, Byrant or Zubac, and all their available draft picks.
LOL, why would the Lakers need to do that? If Lebron is coming, he wants as much talent on the team as possible to give him a shot at another title. He has taken less money before and if he just take 29-30 mil instead of 35, the number works. 5 mil is chump change for Lebron.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
Vanquish wrote:

LarryCoon wrote:

Code:

Deng $18,000,000

To put things into perspective, when Cleveland did a sign n trade with Miami for Lebron, they got two future first round picks, a couple of second round picks and the trade exception, that's it. The Lakers are not going to give OKC Kuz in a sign n trade.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject:

If we acquire Lebron, then I think you have to be open to moving Hart if it means you can move Deng, but only if doing that opens up an opportunity to get a veteran guard.

If we don't acquire Lebron, then you don't move Hart no matter what.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject:

Moving Hart would be extremely dumb, whatever the situation.

He's on a cost controlled contract for the next 4 years, plays good D, is shooting close to 40% on 3PT for the year, and has a good demeanor on and off the court.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:

We will need to get rid of Deng and to dump him we have a combination of Cleveland 1st round pick, Hart, Zubac and Bryant. Someone like Dallas who is rebuilding might bite on getting Hart and a number 1 or Hart and Bryant with Deng but some combination should be able to be worked out that helps both teams.

Since we can stretch Deng for only 7.4 million a year for the next 5 years, would it be worth it to trade away both a likely #20-24 1st round pick and Hart to get rid of Luol? I'm thinking no.

Edit: I also just re-read the article that discusses this option: " By adding three years to his deal with no extra money guaranteed, the Lakers would have the ability to stretch Deng's salary over 11 total years, at $3.3 million a season."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2743657-to-make-room-for-2-stars-lakers-should-give-luol-deng-an-extension-seriously
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject:

Lebron could pull a Durant and offer to play for us for less. He's got more than enough money for 10 lifetimes. Why can't there be more players like Durant? Everyone is just so greedy. I don't blame Lebron if he doesn't want to take a paycut but PG13 doesn't have a ring yet and if he truly wanted a ring like Durant did, he would offer us a discount.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject:

Some people seem to be way too loose with our precious assets. The purpose of cap space is to add talent. We can't give productive players away for the sake of adding a few million in cap space. That's too easy. Rob needs to get creative. If Lebron/PG agree to sign here, then I'm ok with trading picks to move Deng. But we can't lose Hart and Randle in the process of signing the big fish. We need those guys.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

Randle 12.4 (hold)
Ball 7.46
Ingram 5.75
Kuzma 1.69
Hart 1.65
Room Exception

$35,350,000 (LeBron) + $30,300,000 (Paul George) = $65,650,000

$65,650,000 (from above) + $7,461,960 (Ball) = $73,111,960

$73,111,960 (from above) + $5,757,120 (Ingram) = $78,869,080

$78,869,080 (from above) + $1,689,840 (Kuzma) = $80,558,920

$80,558,920 (from above) + $1,655,160 (Hart) = $82,214,080

$82,214,080 (from above) + $12,447,727 (Randle - cap hold) = $94,661,807

$94,661,807 (from above) + $2,857,304 (Asik – stretch waiver) = $97,519,111

LeBron + Paul George + Ball + Ingram + Kuzma + Hart + Randle (cap hold) = 7 players with contracts (or cap holds)

If there is a minimum salary charge for each unfilled roster spot under 12, then it should be 5 minimum salary charges at $831,312 each.

$831,312 * 5 (unfilled roster spots) = $4,156,560

$97,519,111 (from above) + $4,156,560 = $101,675,671

Notice that it still came out over a $101 million salary cap without both Zubac and Bryant.
JuliusRandall
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Some people seem to be way too loose with our precious assets. The purpose of cap space is to add talent. We can't give productive players away for the sake of adding a few million in cap space. That's too easy. Rob needs to get creative. If Lebron/PG agree to sign here, then I'm ok with trading picks to move Deng. But we can't lose Hart and Randle in the process of signing the big fish. We need those guys.

Absolutely Right!!! We will probably unload Deng right before the draft as that is when the Picks have all time high values.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

Yes but it doesn’t make sense to acquire Lebron and then refuse to trade Josh Hart IF doing so allows you to bring in a vet who can better help you win now which is the only reason to acquire Lebron to begin with.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1396, 1397, 1398 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1397 of 1536
Jump to: