OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1008, 1009, 1010 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
32 wrote:
Ohm Youngmisuk
ESPN Staff Writer

Quote:
Brandon Ingram said the next step to returning is to go on the court and ramp it up with the team. The next practice for the Lakers likely is early next week in New Orleans after they play in Indiana on Monday. "He obviously is coming with us on the road trip," Luke Walton said. "I wouldn't be surprised if he plays on the road trip. He is feeling much better he says. But we are going to keep being patient with him and make sure that he goes through all the proper channels before we throw him back out there."

Yeah, I don't think he plays on Monday.

Agreed. I was hoping there would be a practice tomorrow before they fly out, but Luke must want to give these guys some time to rest/recover, which makes sense, as the team looks exhausted from the short rotations/big minutes lately.

I’m putting it out there and speaking it into existence right now- BI drops a career high 40 on the Pels Thursday. The Pels will be playing their 3rd game in 3 nights and their 5th game in 6 nights, and BI will have the freshest legs on the court.

The Lakers are going to feed off his energy and blow the Pels out, as Randle will also get his 20+.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
32 wrote:
Ohm Youngmisuk
ESPN Staff Writer

Quote:
Brandon Ingram said the next step to returning is to go on the court and ramp it up with the team. The next practice for the Lakers likely is early next week in New Orleans after they play in Indiana on Monday. "He obviously is coming with us on the road trip," Luke Walton said. "I wouldn't be surprised if he plays on the road trip. He is feeling much better he says. But we are going to keep being patient with him and make sure that he goes through all the proper channels before we throw him back out there."

I’m gonna assume that just cause there is no practice between Monday’s game, doesn’t mean he can’t have a private work out with a staff member or the regular shootaround workout to determine if he’s ready, so Monday return isn’t out of question as long as his body can hold up for a pregame work out.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
32 wrote:
Ohm Youngmisuk
ESPN Staff Writer

Quote:

I’m gonna assume that just cause there is no practice between Monday’s game, doesn’t mean he can’t have a private work out with a staff member or the regular shootaround workout to determine if he’s ready, so Monday return isn’t out of question as long as his body can hold up for a pregame work out.

Well, if you’re going to assume, that changes everything.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
32 wrote:
Ohm Youngmisuk
ESPN Staff Writer

Quote:

Well, if you’re going to assume, that changes everything.

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
It's nice to have experts on this board

I'm just guessing, my man. But Luke letting a guy play without going through a regular practice would be different than how he's handled other injuries throughout the year. If they were making a run at a playoff spot maybe it would be different, but I'd be surprised if Luke felt there was a reason to rush him back.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
mookielala wrote:
It's nice to have experts on this board

I'm just guessing, my man. But Luke letting a guy play without going through a regular practice would be different than how he's handled other injuries throughout the year. If they were making a run at a playoff spot maybe it would be different, but I'd be surprised if Luke felt there was a reason to rush him back.

Oh, I thought you were just making a joke. From the way I read the original quote, it sounds like he won't even be working with the team until Tuesday.
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject:

he needs to toughen up a little bit and play, coaching staff also needs to stop and babysit them all the time, Kuzma already showing a lot with that ankle and playing through it.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Al13 wrote:
he needs to toughen up a little bit and play, coaching staff also needs to stop and babysit them all the time, Kuzma already showing a lot with that ankle and playing through it.

BS. The kid is tough. Last year he missed only 3 games. He has a legit injury. You don't mess around with groin injuries.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Al13 wrote:

BS. The kid is tough. Last year he missed only 3 games. He has a legit injury. You don't mess around with groin injuries.

Agreed, 32. BI has always been tough regardless of his skinny frame.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Ohm Youngmisuk
ESPN Staff Writer

Quote:

Thank god we need a go to guy BAD!!!!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
You don't mess around with groin injuries.

Weakens the legs.
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
According to my eye test BI has been improving his game all season, and was playing far better and more consistently in February than he was in November. Next season with Randle and BI together? Awesome. We'll see if it happens.

Day to day now. BI or no BI I expect losses at Indy and NO. I hope he can ease back in on low minutes and come out of it pain free this coming week. Maybe start kicking butt again around the time we reach Memphis.

NOP will be playing their 3rd game in 3 nights, I hope we run them out the damn building.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject:

The Ingrantula!
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
The Ingrantula!

Ingrointula
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
32 wrote:
Al13 wrote:

Agreed, 32. BI has always been tough regardless of his skinny frame.

He’s also played through some injuries earlier this year, kid is tough as nails

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
According to my eye test BI has been improving his game all season, and was playing far better and more consistently in February than he was in November. Next season with Randle and BI together? Awesome. We'll see if it happens.

Day to day now. BI or no BI I expect losses at Indy and NO. I hope he can ease back in on low minutes and come out of it pain free this coming week. Maybe start kicking butt again around the time we reach Memphis.

NOP will be playing their 3rd game in 3 nights, I hope we run them out the damn building.

That can't be right they don't play 3 games in a row anymore.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Al13 wrote:

Why? It would benefit nobody to have him play injured. If it were the playoffs, I'm sure he'd be out there. But now? C'mon.

If the training staff determined that Kuz's ankle was too injured to play on, then he wouldn't be out there either.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

It’s a make-up game. Also their 5th in 6 nights.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
funny that some are still looking at a spreadsheet to determine BI's value

The Lakers just went 4-4 in a stretch without Ingram against teams that are a combined 58 games over .500, without Hart for the entire time, and without Kuzma for a game as well. They've had to replace Ingram with an actual replacement level player off of the scrap heap (Travis Wear) due to Hart being out, Brewer being gone, and Kuzma playing out of position (and still hurt last night)...and they've still been pretty darn good.

I know you were dying having to wait all of these games before the Lakers had a disappointing loss so you could post a different version of the only post that you ever make here, but if you can't find more substantive ways to contribute to this board, you can find somewhere else to post altogether.

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Cool. See you in a week.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
32 wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

Damn you're right. That's crazy. We will have two days off before that game. We should blow them out.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
32 wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

Damn you're right. That's crazy. We will have two days off before that game. We should blow them out.

5 in 6 nights? Good God.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject:

That's pretty terrible for the team in terms of fatigue .. but for a fan? I'd be pretty thrilled if there was a Laker game 5 out of possible 6 nights lol.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
32 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
32 wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

5 in 6 nights? Good God.

It must be to make up for that game that was canceled because of a leaking roof. That's rough.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
tox wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
funny that some are still looking at a spreadsheet to determine BI's value

Pretty sure the spreadsheets are in agreement with the eye test. He's been great since roughly Feb. Give it up, will you?

He’s been pretty good all season.

Nope, he really hasn't been. If you don't think there is an obvious difference, on the stat sheets (basic & advanced) and on the court, since February... well obviously we weren't watching the same games.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1008, 1009, 1010 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1009 of 1885
Jump to: