Former NBA player Glen "Big Baby" Davis arrested on drug charges

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Former NBA player Glen "Big Baby" Davis arrested on drug charges

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/03/17/former-nba-player-glen-big-baby-davis-arrested-on-drug-charges/

Quote:

Former NBA player Glen “Big Baby” Davis arrested on drug charges

Glen “Big Baby” Davis — a key bench player in the Celtics 2008 title run, but who has been out of the NBA for a couple of years now — was arrested last month at a hotel in a suburb of Baltimore with 126 grams of marijuana and more than $96,000 in cash, according to a report.

Davis was arrested in Aberdeen, Maryland, with the signs what he had on him was for sale, not just personal use, reports ABC 2 WMAR in Baltimore.

According to court records, the hotel owner smelled marijuana coming from Davis’ room on February 7th. When the owner knocked on room 208, someone inside the room told him to “F*** off!”

Aberdeen police then responded to the hotel and Davis gave signed consent to search his room

“They recovered 126 grams of marijuana,” said Aberdeen Police Lieutenant William Reiber, “In addition to that there was a briefcase that contained 92,164 dollars of U.S. currency along with a ledger that contained language which is consistent with someone involved in the sale and distribution of narcotics.”

Davis has since been indicted on seven counts of drug possession and intended distribution. Davis’ attorney has said his client is not guilty of the charged crimes.

Davis has been out of the NBA since 2015 when as a free agent he needed ankle surgery that sidelined him.

Davis played eight NBA seasons between the Boston Celtics, Orlando Magic, and Los Angeles Clippers. In his second season out of LSU, he played a role off the bench for the Celtics during their run to the title, then his bench role expanded the next couple of seasons when Boston made runs (remember Nate Robinson referred to Davis and himself as “Donkey and Shrek” during the 2010 NBA Finals). Davis earned $36.4 million in salary during his NBA career.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Moron.

My mouse pad has a higher IQ than Glen Davis.

He is so screwed. They found his ledger with names and transactions.

After he does his bid he's gonna get rubbed out.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject:

not drugs...
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject:

What a dope!
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

BIG BABY QUACK QUACK!

!...
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/03/17/glen-big-baby-davis-denies-drug-charges-while-eating-popeyes-on-a-charter-plane/

Quote:
Glen “Big Baby” Davis denies drug charges while eating Popeyes on a charter plane

Last month, former NBA player Glen “Big Baby” Davis was arrested last month at a hotel in a suburb of Baltimore by Jimmy McNulty and Lt. Daniels with 126 grams of marijuana and more than $96,000 in cash, according to a police report. He has been charged with possession and intent to distribute.

Davis has declared his innocence in the best denial video ever — eating Popeyes chicken and flashing cash and a championship ring.

I have no idea whether Davis is guilty or not, I was not at a Hampton’s Inn outside Baltimore last month. The court system will sort that out, that is what it’s there for.

But I know a brilliant video when I see one. This is it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/03/17/glen-big-baby-davis-denies-drug-charges-while-eating-popeyes-on-a-charter-plane/

Quote:
Glen “Big Baby” Davis denies drug charges while eating Popeyes on a charter plane

Last month, former NBA player Glen “Big Baby” Davis was arrested last month at a hotel in a suburb of Baltimore by Jimmy McNulty and Lt. Daniels with 126 grams of marijuana and more than $96,000 in cash, according to a police report. He has been charged with possession and intent to distribute.

Davis has declared his innocence in the best denial video ever — eating Popeyes chicken and flashing cash and a championship ring.

I have no idea whether Davis is guilty or not, I was not at a Hampton’s Inn outside Baltimore last month. The court system will sort that out, that is what it’s there for.

Sports writing is so pathetic these days.
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Quote:

Internet articles in general are just bad. No one edits anymore.

DaMuleRules, 2 Sept 2017
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Quote:

Internet articles in general are just bad. No one edits anymore.

DaMuleRules, 2 Sept 2017
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

Who gives 2 (bleep) about marijuana anymore?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1227556/bigbabyburger_medium.gif

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject:

Now he gets arrested for felony assault. Sounds like a downward spiral.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/22/glen-big-baby-davis-arrested-felony-assault/
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject:

20,000 wrote:

That's really the question, right?

And it's roughly a total of .3 lbs.

They did, however, also recover $92,000 so I'm guessing their play here is illegal sales or trafficking. If so, dude should just open a dispensary.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:59 am    Post subject:

20,000 wrote:

Why should it not be worried about? If he was doing something illegal, then he should be punished accordingly.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:19 am    Post subject:

Glen Davis will always be the guy Kevin Durant posterized four times in one game in college in my eyes.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject:

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/06/06/glen-big-baby-davis-charged-with-felony-assault-could-face-jail-time/

Quote:
Glen “Big Baby” Davis charged with felony assault, could face jail time

It’s been a rough year for former NBA player Glen “Big Baby” Davis. First, he was arrested on drug charges when he was caught with a quarter pound (126 grams) of weed and $96,000 cash. Davis denied he was selling in one of the great social media posts ever — while eating Popeye’s chicken on a charter plane.

This time it’s more serious. Davis has been charged with felony assault for allegedly beating up a guy (who went to the hospital with a facial fracture and broken ribs) outside a Los Angeles area nightclub back in April. TMZ broke the story.

Glen “Big Baby” Davis has been formally charged with felony assault stemming from an alleged violent altercation in April and if he’s convicted … he faces up to 7 YEARS in prison, TMZ Sports has learned…

A rep for the L.A. County District Attorney’s office tells us the official charge is felony assault with force likely to cause great bodily injury … and it carries a possible 7-year prison sentence.

First off, he would not get seven years, in these kinds of cases things are almost always pled down to a lesser charge with much less jail time, if any, depending on Davis’ record and cooperation. That said, Davis is in real trouble here and could spend some time behind bars.

No funny video is getting him out of this one.

Davis played in the NBA for eight seasons, spending time with the Boston Celtics, Orlando Magic, and Los Angeles Clippers. During just his second season, he played a key role off the bench for the Celtics during their run to the title. His bench role expanded the next couple of seasons when Boston made other playoff runs (who could forget Nate Robinson referred to Davis and himself as “Donkey and Shrek” during the 2010 NBA Finals). Davis earned $36.4 million in salary during his NBA career.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject:

20,000 wrote:

You'd be surprised how many people still think that smoking weed is just about the worst thing you can do, morally and ethically. They still equate it to doing hard core drugs like heroin.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

Quote:

I liked that character who would go, "SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYIT!"
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

I don’t think it was the weed. It was the ledger and piles of cash that did him in.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: