What is the best TV streaming service?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: What is the best TV streaming service?

Just cancelled my ATT account, and im looking for a good service to watch some nba games, news channels, and TNT/TBS.

looks like youtube tv doesnt have tnt, so im looking at Sling and to a lesser extent, PS vue.

does anyone have any recomendations? i will also prefer to be able to share the account/service with family and friends, so number of concurrent streams is important as well..

another thing, i hate it when nba games are delayed for even a few seconds. when i watch laker games on cable, sometimes i get score alerts on my phone a min or two before i see it on my TV....i would like a service that has no lag etc
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, it depends on what channels you watch and what features you want....there is no best answer since people have different favorite channels and different features they might or might not use.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: What is the best TV streaming service?

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Just cancelled my ATT account, and im looking for a good service to watch some nba games, news channels, and TNT/TBS.

looks like youtube tv doesnt have tnt, so im looking at Sling and to a lesser extent, PS vue.

does anyone have any recomendations? i will also prefer to be able to share the account/service with family and friends, so number of concurrent streams is important as well..

another thing, i hate it when nba games are delayed for even a few seconds. when i watch laker games on cable, sometimes i get score alerts on my phone a min or two before i see it on my TV....i would like a service that has no lag etc

Try this video for sports LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject:

I use SILK Browser on my Firestick and have reddit.com/r/nbastreams/ bookmarked. I simply stream the game I want to watch in HD. Silk browser warns you before opening a pop-up window which is neat cause most streamers make money by their ads on the site. In fact, thats how I watch most ppv fights, I no longer mess with kodi. But as far as a complete TV listing of channels...sorry can't help you there.
buduan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Spectrum.

They have a streaming service that is cheaper than the competitors and has more content.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject:

buduan wrote:
Spectrum.

They have a streaming service that is cheaper than the competitors and has more content.
If you want to stream onto TV you need a ROKU or a compatible SmartTV.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What is the best TV streaming service?

BigBallerBrand wrote:

Based on what you want. Sling tv looks like your best option.

You wont get network channels (CBS, ABC, NBC, Fox). For those I'd recommend arconaitv.us. It's a free site. You can look under their "cable" section.
The giddy up network tgun.tv has alot of choices for free tv channels. But they aren't hd and require some effort. And a popup blocker.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Anyone have any experience with Directv Now?
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Anyone check out youtube tv? It looks like it has a compelling lineup.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

I use it with my Roku.

Pros: for $40/mo I get a pretty decent channel lineup including HBO, some on demand stuff as well. I'm also testing a Beta version of their new release which has a few more features like DVR, etc.

Cons: It's a bandwidth hog, and while I have pretty good wifi I still run into some buffering issues. The on demand stuff is limited and sometimes will be a week or so behind on some shows. Also I'm not crazy about the interface but maybe that will improve when they release the new version.

I did have Sling and liked it but had to pay for HBO separately (gotta have my HBO), and in the long run with DirectTV Now I get more channels with HBO for about the same price.

Good luck. Whatever you do feel good about cutting the chord. Comcast has the market here in the midwest and I hate their f-ing guts.
Capt.Skyhook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

It has worked great for me. I get about 30 stations, including TNT, cable news networks and my local CBS affiliate for $35 a month.

Picture quality has been far better than I expected. Buffering does occur but it has not been frequent enough to irritate me or cause concern.

If you pay for 4 months at once upon subscribing, you get a free 4K AppleTV. Not sure if they are still running that promotion or if that interest you, but it was a draw to me.

There is no DVR service with this. They say one is coming this spring, but who knows.

Overall, I have been pleased and definitely recommend it if it meets your channel requirements.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Thanks guys. I’m on a 300 mb/sec plan for internet so not too worried about bandwidth. Most importantly, I pay for cable for live sports, mainly Lakers. I’m assuming Directv now does not have spectrum sportsnet?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Thanks guys. I’m on a 300 mb/sec plan for internet so not too worried about bandwidth. Most importantly, I pay for cable for live sports, mainly Lakers. I’m assuming Directv now does not have spectrum sportsnet?

DTV has all Laker games SPSN (Spectrum Sports Net) . I had Spectrum but I didn't like the service. Every time I looked up it was down. I have Spectrum for my Internet, I have to reset my modem 2 3 times a day, it goes down.

ATT is in the process of laying lines in my area. I have Verizon cell service. As soon as ATT gets lines for my area I'm bundling phone, cable and Internet.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

DTV has all Laker games SPSN (Spectrum Sports Net) . I had Spectrum but I didn't like the service. Every time I looked up it was down. I have Spectrum for my Internet, I have to reset my modem 2 3 times a day, it goes down.

ATT is in the process of laying lines in my area. I have Verizon cell service. As soon as ATT gets lines for my area I'm bundling phone, cable and Internet.

Thanks jodeke. But I was specifically referring to the Directv Now streaming service (not satellite). Is that what you have?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Thanks jodeke. But I was specifically referring to the Directv Now streaming service (not satellite). Is that what you have?

No I have DTV satellite. I have friends who use streaming services. They tell me they're not very good. Pixels, interruptions, signal fails, all kinds of horror stories.

EDIT; I have NetFlix. It sometimes buffering problems.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Gearstv gets a lot of play for iptv includes Spectrum Sportsnet, NBA League Pass, MLB Extra innings and all the NFL games 15 bucks a month. Even has an add-on you can use with Kodi. I haven't used it but it gets some good reviews,
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Honestly, it depends on what channels you watch and what features you want....there is no best answer since people have different favorite channels and different features they might or might not use.

I agree with this....tried a few of them, and the only read differences I noticed was a few different channels here and there. The one thing that I like about HULU Live is you also get the original HULU service.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Something good may come from streaming services. They may cause cable to reduce prices or better their services in order to keep customers.

ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Something good may come from streaming services. They may cause cable to reduce prices or better their services in order to keep customers.

I actually think streaming is the future. People don't watch TV the way they used to and with more options for streaming popping up cable will soon be a thing of the past.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I actually think streaming is the future. People don't watch TV the way they used to and with more options for streaming popping up cable will soon be a thing of the past.

If it is the future I hope they have a westerns channel.

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Just signed up with tnt media iptv nba league pass MLB tv, Sportsnet la, hd streams, you can use it with an android box and an apk, or in kodi or using an app like perfect player, also if you have a LG or Samsung smart tv you can use their internal app. Includes a program guide and VOD for another 3 bucks or so a month.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You mean like AMC on Saturday mornings?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

Shop around, I have ATT phone service and was able to get Direct TV with HBO for $35 a month for 2 years. When that expires I will see what deals I can get at that time.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You mean like AMC on Saturday mornings?

Starz network has a channel dedicated to classic westerns called Starz Encore Westerns. Like with the satellite service, it's available on DIRECTV NOW if you have the Starz package.

Spectrum SportsNet isn't available yet on DIRECTV NOW. I don't think any regional sports networks are available yet.
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
I use SILK Browser on my Firestick and have reddit.com/r/nbastreams/ bookmarked. I simply stream the game I want to watch in HD. Silk browser warns you before opening a pop-up window which is neat cause most streamers make money by their ads on the site. In fact, thats how I watch most ppv fights, I no longer mess with kodi. But as far as a complete TV listing of channels...sorry can't help you there.

This was fantastic advice! I am now doing the same and nba is so much better than what i was doing before on Kodi.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: