Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:38 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Another trade. Sending away Darcy Kuemper for Tobias Rieder and Scott Wedgewood. I get trying to sell high on Kuemper (see Scrivens, Budaj, etc), but I'm wondering if we could've gotten more.

Agree. I would've liked the team to have gotten some draft picks to replenish the system. Too bad the flyers already traded for a goaltender since they were desperate for one.

Rieder should help with the team speed, a definite point of emphasis for Blake since taking over as GM. The Kings are supposedly very high on their AHL goalies, including Campbell. And with Rieder being a RFA, they might actually keep him around, who knows. There was no way that Kuemper was going to be back next season, and down the stretch Quick was going to get almost all of the starts. Kuemper was great for us, but I understand the move.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Another trade. Sending away Darcy Kuemper for Tobias Rieder and Scott Wedgewood. I get trying to sell high on Kuemper (see Scrivens, Budaj, etc), but I'm wondering if we could've gotten more.

Agree. I would've liked the team to have gotten some draft picks to replenish the system. Too bad the flyers already traded for a goaltender since they were desperate for one.

Rieder should help with the team speed, a definite point of emphasis for Blake since taking over as GM. The Kings are supposedly very high on their AHL goalies, including Campbell. And with Rieder being a RFA, they might actually keep him around, who knows. There was no way that Kuemper was going to be back next season, and down the stretch Quick was going to get almost all of the starts. Kuemper was great for us, but I understand the move.

I agree about Rieder. Him and Chris Kreider have been two speedsters I've had on the list of players the Kings should target. That part I don't mind, even though he's a RFA and might cost a bit too much. Wedgewood has been hot garbage and I don't see any reason why he'd be included. Campbell would be the first call up to back up Quick, but that would possibly mean Petersen taking Campbell's place and I don't know if he's ready. So basically, I'd rather the Kings had gotten some draft picks instead of worthless Wedgewood.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Kings get robbed, in my opinion, on Dustin Brown's potential game-tying goal. Now they're still on the outside looking in. They will need to make a jumpstart in their play if they want to make the playoffs. Incredibly HUGE impact game against Vegas tonight.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

A good number of moves and the annual Vanek (gets passed around more than a hooker on Staten Island) swap at the deadline this year. Evander Kane, a prior Kings target goes to SJ, Winnepeg gets Stastny, Buck Foston gets Rick Nash.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Absolutely gigantic 2 points tonight against Vegas, down 2-0 and coming back to tie it with 10 seconds left in regulation, and then winning it on the PP in OT (Dustin Brown at the front of the net yet again). We're right there, still. Anything from 2nd place in the division to missing the playoffs is totally in play.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:55 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Absolutely gigantic 2 points tonight against Vegas, down 2-0 and coming back to tie it with 10 seconds left in regulation, and then winning it on the PP in OT (Dustin Brown at the front of the net yet again). We're right there, still. Anything from 2nd place in the division to missing the playoffs is totally in play.

And again!

2 wins that really jump out at me is this one @ Vegas on a b2b and the Jets win which was also on a back to back. Now if we could take care of business during games that we are supposed to win..we might be ok.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:43 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

And again!

2 wins that really jump out at me is this one @ Vegas on a b2b and the Jets win which was also on a back to back. Now if we could take care of business during games that we are supposed to win..we might be ok.

Nothing is going to be easy. And it was nice of Jack Campbell to continue the time-honored tradition of the backup goaltender outplaying Jonathan Quick in the Quick era LOL. I'm obviously not saying that those goalies are better than Quick is, but I wanted to look up the numbers since the Kings won their first Cup in '12. And the backups have actually posted better numbers than Quick has except for in 2014-15, and last season it was actually Budaj who made most of the starts. Maybe there's something to be said for how the Kings' system is good for goaltenders that don't get overworked. Anyway, to the numbers:

2017-18
Quick .922 Save %, 2.45 GAA, .583 Quality Start %
Kuemper .932 Save %, 2.10 GAA, .600 Quality Start %

2016-17
Quick .917 Save %, 2.26 GAA, .647 Quality Start %
Budaj .917 Save %, 2.12 GAA, .608 Quality Start %

2015-16
Quick .918 Save %, 2.22 GAA, .559 Quality Start %
Enroth .922 Save %, 2.17 GAA, .615 Quality Start %

2014-15
Quick .918 Save %, 2.24 GAA, .507 Quality Start %
Jones .906 Save %, 2.25 GAA, .455 Quality Start %

2013-14
Quick .915 Save %, 2.07 GAA, .531 Quality Start %
Jones .934 Save %, 1.81 GAA, .722 Quality Start %
Scrivens .931 Save %, 1.97 GAA, .667 Quality Start %

2012-13
Quick .902 Save %, 2.45 GAA, .556 Quality Start %
Bernier .922 Save %, 1.88 GAA, .667 Quality Start %

2011-12 (First Cup-winning season)
Quick .929 Save %, 1.95 GAA, .632 Quality Start %
Bernier .909 Save %, 2.36 GAA, .462 Quality Start %
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject:

The Kings just blew a 3-1 3rd period lead to Chicago and lost 5-3. Absolutely brutal, brutal loss, with as bad as Chicago has been this season. Drew Doughty saw it fitting to take a penalty midway through the 3rd and then argue about it so much that they slapped him with an extra unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Of course, Chicago scored on the second of the 2-minute penalties, and it opened the floodgates.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
The Kings just blew a 3-1 3rd period lead to Chicago and lost 5-3. Absolutely brutal, brutal loss, with as bad as Chicago has been this season. Drew Doughty saw it fitting to take a penalty midway through the 3rd and then argue about it so much that they slapped him with an extra unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Of course, Chicago scored on the second of the 2-minute penalties, and it opened the floodgates.

Yep. Terrible loss to take by the team fighting for playoff position. Especially since they choked away a lead. And against the hated blackhawks.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:39 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

Was busy earlier so I missed the game. Was upset when I saw 5-3. Knowing how it went down? Oh this stings.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

Goaltender interference has to be the most inconsistent call in all of sports. Kings get screwed again by the call and lose the potential game-winner and eventually lose the game.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Goaltender interference has to be the most inconsistent call in all of sports. Kings get screwed again by the call and lose the potential game-winner and eventually lose the game.

I caught just bits and pieces of the game last night, and it appeared like they were just going through the motions at the start, got down 3-0, and then decided to turn up the intensity. Quite frankly, the Kings aren't good enough to take any opponent lightly, and it basically cost them a point in this one. I didn't see the call you are talking about, but that doesn't surprise me. The Kings have been snakebit by those type of calls all year long.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:

Well we did benefit from it the 2014 Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

Well we did benefit from it the 2014 Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals.

Ah, I will always be grateful for Dan Girardi flubbing that play so badly in his own zone, leading to the turnover and the Justin Williams snipe high to the blocker side on Lundqvist!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject:

After another listless Saturday afternoon effort at Staples, the Kings just got an absolutely huge 2 points on the road in Minnesota, winning in OT. They had a 2-0 lead, it was 2-2 going into the 3rd, and then the Wild scored with just over 2 minutes left to take a 3-2 lead. The Kings, with Quick pulled, scored on a Dustin Brown deflection in front of the net (he's been doing that all year) with under a minute to go to tie it. In the OT, Kempe darted in front of the goal, Dubynk got his stick on it, but it went right up the middle to Jeff Carter, in perfect scoring position, and he buried it just under the crossbar high to the blocker side. Goal.

The Kings are back into 3rd place in the division, tied with the Ducks with 86 points, and both teams have 9 games left. The Kings own the tiebreaker based on more regulation/OT wins (and that won't change; we have 5 more). Every point is critical.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject:

^Having Carter back is a huge boost, 2 goals last night and dangerous any time he is on the ice.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:03 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
After another listless Saturday afternoon effort at Staples, the Kings just got an absolutely huge 2 points on the road in Minnesota, winning in OT. They had a 2-0 lead, it was 2-2 going into the 3rd, and then the Wild scored with just over 2 minutes left to take a 3-2 lead. The Kings, with Quick pulled, scored on a Dustin Brown deflection in front of the net (he's been doing that all year) with under a minute to go to tie it. In the OT, Kempe darted in front of the goal, Dubynk got his stick on it, but it went right up the middle to Jeff Carter, in perfect scoring position, and he buried it just under the crossbar high to the blocker side. Goal.

The Kings are back into 3rd place in the division, tied with the Ducks with 86 points, and both teams have 9 games left. The Kings own the tiebreaker based on more regulation/OT wins (and that won't change; we have 5 more). Every point is critical.

I'm happy with the 1 point in Winnipeg today. Tough game.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Kings leading 5-1 in Colorado in the 2nd, and Kopitar has a hat trick. He's really showing that last year was a fluke, when he was dealing with an injury. With as good as he is on defense, he should be in the Hart Trophy conversation this season.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject:

4 goals for Kopi
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
4 goals for Kopi

He's now 6th in the league in points, and he's doing this on a team that doesn't score a lot. Oh, and he's one of the 2 or 3 best defensive forwards in the league on an annual basis. He really should be a Hart finalist this season, but the Kings probably have to make the playoffs for that to have any shot of happening.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Snipes wrote:
4 goals for Kopi

He's now 6th in the league in points, and he's doing this on a team that doesn't score a lot. Oh, and he's one of the 2 or 3 best defensive forwards in the league on an annual basis. He really should be a Hart finalist this season, but the Kings probably have to make the playoffs for that to have any shot of happening.

He deserves it IMO. If he was in Tampa's system he would have 120 points by now.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Snipes wrote:
4 goals for Kopi

He deserves it IMO. If he was in Tampa's system he would have 120 points by now.

I think he'd be happier with the 2 SC's (and really should've been a third had there not been a lockout) in a Sutter system.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Snipes wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Snipes wrote:
4 goals for Kopi

I think he'd be happier with the 2 SC's (and really should've been a third had there not been a lockout) in a Sutter system.

Last year was a bump in the road, but it's really looking like Kopi is going to end up in the Hall of Fame.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Snipes wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Snipes wrote:
4 goals for Kopi

Was there a trade with Columbus that season that I was not aware of?
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Snipes wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Snipes wrote:
4 goals for Kopi

Was there a trade with Columbus that season that I was not aware of?

Nope, but we came close.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11
Jump to: