The Avengers: INFINITY WAR (April 2018) - Spoiler Warning (Enter at Own Risk)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Incredible.

Sooooo... whos going to get killed?

My money's on Cap and Loki.
Nebula and maybe Vision.

I also think Stark is done after this one or part 4.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Incredible.

Nebula and maybe Vision.

Was it already established a few characters will die? Tom Hiddleston's Loki is the best thing about MCU. Love him.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject:

It’s gotta happen some time but Stark and Cap are the most compelling Avengers, IMO so that would be a HUGE leap of faith. Am I right that they’re eventual replacements are War Machine (yawn) and Falcon (better but not to the Evans level)?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject:

I keep rewatching the bits with Wakanda. Seeing the Wakandans charge into battle gets me so friggin' pumped.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
I keep rewatching the bits with Wakanda. Seeing the Wakandans charge into battle gets me so friggin' pumped.

The Wakandan guards were, by far, the most compelling combatants in BP for me. That scene where they went toe to toe with Killmonger was just stunning visually. Really made the remainder of battle scenes in the film seem a little drab. Really looking forward to them doing work in IW.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Incredible.

Nebula and maybe Vision.

I really hope it's not Cap. Of all the MCU films, his are the only ones that has had consistently good sequels IMO. Johnston's First Avenger movie was really good but pairing Evans with the Russo brothers took it to a whole new level.

I'd like to see them complete a trilogy before retiring the character. A political thriller where they can weave in the Death of Captain America story would be interesting. From his look in the Infinity War trailers, I don't want to see them kill him off without his iconic uniform and shield.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Incredible.

Nebula and maybe Vision.

I really hope it's not Cap. Of all the MCU films, his are the only ones that has had consistently good sequels IMO. Johnston's First Avenger movie was really good but pairing Evans with the Russo brothers took it to a whole new level.

I'd like to see them complete a trilogy before retiring the character. A political thriller where they can weave in the Death of Captain America story would be interesting. From his look in the Infinity War trailers, I don't want to see them kill him off without his iconic uniform and shield.

I agree. Those sequels were awesome and probably my favorite of the Marvel films along with the first Iron Man and GotG. But I think it's going to have to be one of he big guns that bite it. They had a chance to kill Rhodey in Civil War and didn't. It's time for some deaths and they need to stick this time. I think Evans is great as Cap, but his character dying makes the most sense to me.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject:

Kevin Feige says any deaths in IF are permanent; they're not bringing anyone back to life.
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Incredible.

Nebula and maybe Vision.

I agree. Those sequels were awesome and probably my favorite of the Marvel films along with the first Iron Man and GotG. But I think it's going to have to be one of he big guns that bite it. They had a chance to kill Rhodey in Civil War and didn't. It's time for some deaths and they need to stick this time. I think Evans is great as Cap, but his character dying makes the most sense to me.

Toss in Iron Man as well. His salary is getting out of hand and his last few Iron Man movies were meh. There's no need to keep him around.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

I wonder how much all these deaths of beloved heros will effect the rewatch revenue that all these films generate.

I mean, will people really pay again to watch Cap, Stark, Thor and Spiderman get killed on Screen?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:

dvdrdiscs wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Incredible.

Nebula and maybe Vision.

Toss in Iron Man as well. His salary is getting out of hand and his last few Iron Man movies were meh. There's no need to keep him around.

I'd prefer Iron Man but I'm obviously biased. Hate to be disloyal to RDJ whose performance in the first movie made the rest of the MCU possible but his Tony Stark act has worn thin on me.

It wouldn't be easy to replace his dynamic as an actor but it would give the other actors room to grow as RDJ's parts are often among the biggest in every movie. His character often bullies the other Avengers except for Cap. I mentioned it in earlier post but I enjoyed that clip with RDJ and Chris Pratt who looks like he can hold his own as an actor.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject:

I only liked the first avengers movie, the rest have been meh, I am excited for this one.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

I think Captain Marvel will make a cameo in this movie at the end or post credit scenes.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
dvdrdiscs wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Incredible.

Nebula and maybe Vision.

I'd prefer Iron Man but I'm obviously biased. Hate to be disloyal to RDJ whose performance in the first movie made the rest of the MCU possible but his Tony Stark act has worn thin on me.

It wouldn't be easy to replace his dynamic as an actor but it would give the other actors room to grow as RDJ's parts are often among the biggest in every movie. His character often bullies the other Avengers except for Cap. I mentioned it in earlier post but I enjoyed that clip with RDJ and Chris Pratt who looks like he can hold his own as an actor.

Article on Nerdist today says Chris Evans is signed for Avengers 4 then he's done so it looks like he won't bite it yet but probably will in the next one.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
dvdrdiscs wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Incredible.

Nebula and maybe Vision.

Article on Nerdist today says Chris Evans is signed for Avengers 4 then he's done so it looks like he won't bite it yet but probably will in the next one.

Sucks that he wants to move on to other things. Honestly I thought Caps time in WWII was too brief so a future film could do a bit of a flashback.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
I only liked the first avengers movie, the rest have been meh, I am excited for this one.

Civil War was the best Avengers movie. Hoping the Russos didn't go overboard with the hordes of CGI minions like Whedon bu it's gotta be tough to find action scenes for such a large cast and only one major villain to fight.

Hope we see another Avengers movie like Civil War where they're fighting another team of villains or heroes rather than a single world destroyer. I thought the Russo's really pulled that off well in Civil War.

It's a shame about Evans leaving MCU but if they can get back their movie rights owned by Fox and continue doing joint projects with Sony, they'll be in good shape to keep this superhero genre going.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

It was inevitable for RDJ and Evans to leave. Although I think RDJ enjoys it more (the $50M checks help) so he may stick around if they want him to; I think Feige is planning a soft reboot after A4 though.

Spidey/Strange/Cap Marvel/Black Panther are a great group to move forward with though. And they still have Bucky to take up Cap's mantle (or Falcon).

I also see Fantastic Four coming over soon. Im hopeful for X-Men too but I don't there could be much crossover with them considering how huge the X-Men "universe" is on its own.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:

Civil War was the best Avengers movie. Hoping the Russos didn't go overboard with the hordes of CGI minions like Whedon bu it's gotta be tough to find action scenes for such a large cast and only one major villain to fight.

Hope we see another Avengers movie like Civil War where they're fighting another team of villains or heroes rather than a single world destroyer. I thought the Russo's really pulled that off well in Civil War.

It's a shame about Evans leaving MCU but if they can get back their movie rights owned by Fox and continue doing joint projects with Sony, they'll be in good shape to keep this superhero genre going.

It's not just Thanos they're fighting. There will of course be the standard minions. Thanos also has his ”Black Order”. 4 pretty formidable foes... One is seen using some psychic daggers to torture Doc Strange in the latest trailer.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:56 pm    Post subject:

^same magic daggers that Kaecilius and Baron Mordo were using.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject:

Saw Black Panther finally about 2 weeks ago, and re-watched Civil War over the weekend. I'd say Vision is a sure goner, when Thanos comes to take his infinity stone. War Machine, Falcon, look like cannon fodder. I think too that Loki dies, probably giving himself up as a sacrifice. I think by the end of the second Infinity War movie, Iron Man (Iron man too, may want a glorious sacrifice ending) , Captain America, and Thor retire into the sunset.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Disney dialogue predicted:

https://i.imgur.com/YZZ1vdc.jpg
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject:

I loved how the Russo Bros. handled the 2 Captain America movies ... but I am skeptical with this one... one of the things that made the first 2 Avengers movies worked was the witty dialogue/fun banter...

the Russos tend to be a bit serious..
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject:

^i dunno. somehow i don't think jokes would go well with cap, spidey, iron man and whomever else getting killed.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

You can have a serious tone and still be humorous and fun. Winter Soldier and Civil War were two of the best Marvel films to date, imo.

Black Panther helped erase some of the OVERLY humorous stuff we got from GotG 2 and Ragnarok. There were times during those 2 movies it felt like the movie was targeting 5 year olds. Just silly borderline slapstick comedy.

I know it's a COMIC BOOK movie... but you don't have to overdo it with the silliness.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
^i dunno. somehow i don't think jokes would go well with cap, spidey, iron man and whomever else getting killed.

let's see... Joss whedon made it work with the first 2 Avengers.

from the trailers , I get the feeling that the Russos are try some fun banter to go with the serious tone they seem to be working on, but the timing was a bit off...

I do agree that the Winter Soldier and Civil War are awesome... except that the first 2 Avengers hit it off with how a comic book movie should be....
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9
Jump to: