OFFICIAL Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Thread (Resigned for 3 Years, $40 Million)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 180, 181, 182  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Suddenly KCP is a good alternative to a proven 2 way allstar in Paul George lol what?

If they were to play a friendly 1 on 1 KCP wouldn’t even get the ball back if George got first possession.. let’s not get ridiculous here.

Name some players more athletic than KCP who shoot from range as well as him... I've already conceded here that PG is better than KCP... my contention is that at half the price, he might be better value.

Durant, Curry, Harden, Irving, George, Lowry, Thompson, Beal, McCollum, Booker, Tatum, Harris

Hell I’d even say Josh Hart. His 3pt% is already higher than KCP’s as a rookie, granted he doesn’t shoot as many.

I don't know about Beal, McCollum, Harris... Tatum is a little early. Hart is definitely a little early though I'm optimistic.

Interesting though that your list is small and all are all star quality talents.

I think maybe a better question might have been. Name some players who can shoot as well as KCP, and who are as athletic who are not all star talents.

You keep saying “as athletic” as if KCP is a great athlete lol.

As far as non allstar talents yeah, KCP is shooting better than players in that category. This doesn’t tell me he has allstar potential tho. Certainly not after 1 season of this type of 3pt shooting. I still believe he is a poor man’s Bradley Beal. He isn’t able to create his own shot well enough to be an allstar caliber player. Has potential to be a great catch and shoot guy.

I'm by no means sold on him... and you bring up a fair point about his shot creation... but KCP's putting up these numbers on a team with no Wall to pull the defense away. Beal seems to be 40% plus with him... more like below 37% without him. I get what you mean about catch and shoot... but if it were easy than everyone would be shooting 40% and KCP is doing it on a relatively weaker team. It could be a fluke, I admit... but it is no easy feat to shoot that well with such high volume.

Let’s not forget Beal is a year younger putting up 23 a game on 56%TS (60%TS last season) and running the offense in Wall’s absence and has done a pretty damn good job at it. KCP doesn’t have that kind of versatility in terms of shot creating and playmaking for others. Good 3 & D guy but I don’t see him going beyond that. If he could become a better scorer off the dribble then sure- allstar. That’s a big IF though. Especially considering 25 years old 5th season. Just my take..

Fair enough.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope is shooting 46.1 percent from 3 since his 25-day sentence at a Seal Beach detention center ended.

https://twitter.com/billoram/status/977343235239526403
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Of course it begins and ends with Westbrook, he is their franchise player. And if the FO gets their way, everything here begins and ends with Lebron. Your idea that George is starved for shots by WB isn’t supported by the numbers. My point is that instead of paying max for a player at the top of his prime, maybe spend less for a younger player just hitting his prime and use some cap to fill a hole might be a valid idea. For discussion only, I realize that our FO wouldn’t do that, it wouldn’t bring the same media attention that signing George would. After all the tampering and wink winking the media will crucify them if George doesn’t sign. Which would be unfair, they wouldn’t be the reason why George wouldn’t come here.

No. My point is when PG13 led the Pacers he put up unbelievable playoff numbers. Pg13 can’t do so in OKC but it’s not a reflection of him suddenly becoming non elite.

It will be a reflection of him playing on a better team with better teammates. I am guessing that he does put up good numbers in the playoffs this year.
WeDidItReddit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Dude has been lights out from three
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Gotta think hard on bringing him back or he’s gonna end up making us regret it by coming next year with a big Improvement.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

since KCP a man of few words ima just give him one of these

HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

I like kcp, but no Reason to bring him back next year on a long term deal. hart provides much of what kcp gives us.

And if you land PG, you’d have to be a fool to bring back kcp.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
I like kcp, but no Reason to bring him back next year on a long term deal. hart provides much of what kcp gives us.

Something to keep in mind, there is a slight chance that KCPs agent is gonna want his client with the Lakers if there is gonna be some sort of dialogue of getting LeBron with the help of his agent and Klutch sports.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Props to KCP. He's been solid.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:

Something to keep in mind, there is a slight chance that KCPs agent is gonna want his client with the Lakers if there is gonna be some sort of dialogue of getting LeBron with the help of his agent and Klutch sports.

that's not going to happen. that would require PG or lebron taking a paycut to keep KCP, when KCP could probably go out and make more than we can offer (MLE)

we've already don't Klutch sports a solid by taking on KCP for 18M. that was the move to make nice with Lebron's people.

if lebron really wants to come to LA, it's not gonna be contingent on trying to keep KCP.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:

that's not going to happen. that would require PG or lebron taking a paycut to keep KCP, when KCP could probably go out and make more than we can offer (MLE)

we've already don't Klutch sports a solid by taking on KCP for 18M. that was the move to make nice with Lebron's people.

if lebron really wants to come to LA, it's not gonna be contingent on trying to keep KCP.

you literally have no idea if anything your claiming is accurate?
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:

you literally have no idea if anything your claiming is accurate?

it's just common sense.

we've already built the relationship with Klutch. why would we keep KCP (assuming we get PG/LBJ)? Paying KCP would take from the pockets of both those guys.

if we wanted to keep KCP, we could have signed him to a multi-year deal 8 months ago.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject:

Kudos to KCP.

His four point play was really HUGE last night!!
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject:

It's up to KCP to accept that he's a role player and that all he should continue to be is that JJ Redick kind of role.

Whenever he tries to create off the dribble you cringe a bit. Because that's not who he is. It 'occasionally' works, but mostly not.

Him as an off-ball or off the screen sniper ala JJ Redick is where his future in the league is at. If he can accept that and understand how much money that's actually worth in the market then it should work out fine for him.

I'm sure there's many playoff teams(like OKC) would would thoroughly enjoy getting him as a role playing piece in an attempt to put them over the top. It's up to him to look at those offers and accept them or not.

But there will be teams with the space to bring him in as a role playing wing three point shooter. We won't be the only option he has, and because we're probably gonna stall like heck till LeBron and George decide what they're going to do, I see him as a guy that is gonna sign elsewhere before we know what the max guys are gonna be doing.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Didn't make Detroit regret getting rid of him tonight.

But has played well lately.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Kudos to KCP; he's going out with a bang!
KCP was clutch scoring 21 points on 7-9 shooting (5-5 FT's) with 6 rebounds and 6 assists.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject:

14-5-2
39% 3
78% ft

not bad but not worth 80 mil
incontrol__
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Dude's fit fantastically into his role, and been an excellent part of the team. Yeah he makes dumb mistakes at times, takes on too much, and has some silly gambles, but he's been a fantastic part of the team on both sides of the ball outside of his Jail time.

Glad he's proven that he's a very solid player in this league.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

KCP was the man last night, 20 points on 9 shots, 6 assists and tough defense. Let’s keep this guy.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KCP was the man last night, 20 points on 9 shots, 6 assists and tough defense. Let’s keep this guy.

He'll be replaced by Paul George
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

He'll be replaced by Paul George

I wouldn’t
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:06 am    Post subject:

I get KCP is younger than PG13, but Paul seems to be the much smarter player. If all else fails, we might try bringing him back on a similar 1 year deal again, but I think someone like the Knicks or Mavs might be willing to pay him in a multi-year deal, which I don't see us matching . For me, KCP is about even value wise with Clarkson.

2017-18 season

Clarkson 78 games, 23.6 minutes , 14.1 ppg, 2.8 assists, 2.7 rpg, .452 fg%, .346 3pt%, .796 ft%. About $12 million per season

Pope 70 games, 34 minutes, 13.9 ppg, 2.2 assists, 5.4 rpg, .433 fg%, .388 3pt%, .786 ft% $17.7 million this year.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:24 am    Post subject:

Post all-star stats:
16.0pts 6.6Rebs 2.2Asts 47% 44 3%

And has shot over 40% from 3 every month since january 1
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject:

I follow KCPs wife on Instagram (who by the way is very good looking) and they had a full on lakers themed party for their young son.

Man we talk all about wanting this player and that and hating on some of our own players but I sometimes totally forget that these are real people with families who want to make a home here.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
I follow KCPs wife on Instagram (who by the way is very good looking) and they had a full on lakers themed party for their young son.

Man we talk all about wanting this player and that and hating on some of our own players but I sometimes totally forget that these are real people with families who want to make a home here.

Yeah. It's toughest IMO on families who have to uproot themselves to follow the $. But bear in mind, KCP got a friendly $18m deal too that he wouldn't otherwise get. So he's being well taken care of.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 67 of 182
Jump to: