“Siren” : Real-Time Motion Capture

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject: “Siren” : Real-Time Motion Capture

This is incredible technology. Anyone seen this before? The digital “human” looks entirely life like. Can’t wait to see what they do with this.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/03/22/siren-epic-games-unreal-engine-vicon/
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject:

I don't know. It's an improvement but it still doesn't look quite real to me. The hair was a giveaway.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject:

Looks really cool

those eyes.. wow
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: “Siren” : Real-Time Motion Capture

ringfinger wrote:
This is incredible technology. Anyone seen this before? The digital “human” looks entirely life like. Can’t wait to see what they do with this.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/03/22/siren-epic-games-unreal-engine-vicon/

facial tracking with digital characters started awhile ago but the best game to do it was L.A. Noire from like 8 years ago or so.

^^watch that.

then this from the game called Star Citizen from 2017/2018. the game is still being updated. but this also shows more of a small level of live facial tracking of digital characters.

but due to L.A> noire having better cameras and points to capture obviously its probably still the best at it even if it was close to a decade ago.

but if you want to go back again. GO on ahead and give that Xbox Kinect sensor some love.

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

^ I’ve seen it done in games but the link I shared has two distinct differences.

First, the quality of the CGi.

Second, what you see there was done in real-time.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
^ I’ve seen it done in games but the link I shared has two distinct differences.

what you see in the star citizen game link i posted is also real time.

i was just showing you guys the history of it. obviously the face looked great. but even some games have amazing looking human faces now.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:59 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

i was just showing you guys the history of it. obviously the face looked great. but even some games have amazing looking human faces now.

Yeah, I didn’t know about Star Citizen but it’s still different. The video I linked is full body.

Not saying motion capture has never been done, but more, the degree to which it was done is pretty incredible and the closest to life like that I have seen.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Yeah, I didn’t know about Star Citizen but it’s still different. The video I linked is full body.

Not saying motion capture has never been done, but more, the degree to which it was done is pretty incredible and the closest to life like that I have seen.
full body is the next step. but it could obviously be done since all of the video games nowadays with movement especially sports games has mo-cap or motion capturing studios. where they wear those funny suits with the sensor balls on them. So at some point someone would eventually build a more mobile/smaller version of the same thing which is what this is.

Now you show me something where no funny suit or sensors need to be worn or at least they would not be visible and you can go anywhere without any cameras attached to you. you noticed she had that headset on too while the special cameras were above like in the mo-cap studios. But this is still next level. the cgi looks scary good. They say facial expressions, eye movement/blinking properly, and the physics behind actual hair movement(especially for people with long hair) is what humans use to detect if someone is human. If they can put all those 3 things together. yikes.

oh and look at this.. you add this to your original post ring. oh my.

https://techcrunch.com/2014/08/18/this-real-time-projected-cgi-makeup-is-beautiful-and-terrifying/

me watching too many bad futuristic movies says this tech alone could fool any retina scan or facial scanning tech. Think about it. Or even finger printing/hand print tech. since these things are based on laser/camera scanners. utilizing the proper shadows in the proper areas can change the shape of even ones face, especially to a computer scanner that only truly sees 1's and 0's. if something is too dark, its not there to a computer. its a digital 0.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: