General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 447, 448, 449 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Is Joshua X Wilder a "Superfight?"

Joshua is a decent draw but still on the lower scale compared to the lower weights.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:

Joshua is a decent draw but still on the lower scale compared to the lower weights.

Joshua's draw is in Europe and specifically England. Think Joshua/Klitschko did 1.5M buys in England alone on top of selling out Wembley stadium.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:

hmmm... I guess it would definitely be a superfight then!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
hmmm... I guess it would definitely be a superfight then!

I'm pumped for it. Not a huge boxing fan (more of an MMA guy) but it's always great to see these juggernauts go at it.

If Joshua wins in spectacular fashion, this is going to catapult him to the next level. Guy has everything to be an even more massive star...the looks, the physique, the charisma and the skills.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Joshua called out Wilder. Says Deontay has to come across the pond to get it done.

As he should ... he made 18M (USD) .... Parker made a measly 9M (USD)

Parker has never seen that much cake ......

Who's calling the shots???? Wilder made 2M fighting Ortiz who made 500K, which after taxes is 275K and after paying his camp, hopefully King Kong got outta there with 200K.

They fight when Joshua wants to fight. Wilder has zero say in this. Joshua could fight a stop sign and make 10M (USD) easily

Parker gave Joshua all he wanted. I thought it was closer than the score cards.118-110 twice and 119-109. I had it 116 112 Joshua. Did you score it? If so, how.

117-111 ..... Parker had moments but just thought he didnt do enough and was just overmatched size wise. Ref was pretty brutal but just thought most of the meaningful moments went Joshua's way.

Ill watch it again and probably come up with a different score but Joshua won for sure.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Finally looks like Joshua vs Wilder is unavoidable

Joshua can also use Fury as leverage so Wilder just gonna have to accept his terms

you would think but it's avoidable .... like you stated, Joshua can use Fury as leverage to make Wilder take a lowball number, like 10M but to Wilder, that's a huge payday. Even Uncle Al Haymon can't save his ass. Hearn has all the leverage. Wilder can't ask for 50/50 when he can't even fill up Barclays.

Wilder got on television and said Joshua make the bigger lootage fighting in America .... lol ..... Joshua don't need America. Dude just put 75K+ in a stadium, made 18M in US loot, picked up a fourth belt, the WBO, to add to his WBA, IBF and minor IBO belts. Dude is playing chess with three queens on the board.

He could say, F Wilder, I'm gonna fight Fury and would probably pocket 20M+ because the Brits are that crazy about the dude. They're rapidly approaching the Latinos when it comes to boxing. And no one is making that kinda money anymore. Last one was Floyd. Canelo possibly after PPV numbers but Josh is a tremendously great position.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:

it's a big fight. Wouldn't call it a Super fight in America. Dont think we'll have those for a while. We need another huge draw in the states.

Ali-Frazier I was a super fight. Leonard-Hearns. Hagler-Hearn. Hagler-Leonard. Leonard-Duran I and II. Those were fight that made you say, damn I need this money for my gas bill. Well, we can eat cold cuts and take cold showers for a couple weeks. I gotta pay for this fight.

Dont think Wilder v. Joshua is on that level but it is a fight that's sparked a lot of interest moreso overseas than here. It's possibly a super fight in England because they no longer have to sit back and watch America dominate the sport. They have the multiple belt champ and they follow the pied piper everywhere.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:41 am    Post subject:

It’s time for Wilder-Joshua... it will be a super fight. US v UK, tactical polish v Wild(Er), undefeated KO artist v undefeated KO artist. Can’t wait

Joshua and Parker weren’t aggressive at all, yeah they were tactical but both fought not to get hit, no risk taken at all. Stark contrast to Wilder-King Kong fight. Joshua won’t be able to ‘play it safe’ against Wilder
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:

Wilder vs Joshua will be a SuperFight in the UK. I don't know about the US. If I were a promoter I'd stage the fight in the UK because I believe it will draw more audience there. The US draw will add to totals. Overall bigger payday if fight is held in the UK.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wilder vs Joshua will be a SuperFight in the UK. I don't know about the US. If I were a promoter I'd stage the fight in the UK because I believe it will draw more audience there. The US draw will add to totals. Overall bigger payday if fight is held in the UK.

Yup. It would sell out in Vegas primarily because Hearn would bring over 30k Brits with 15k holding tickets to the venue. It would basically be a home game for Joshua in Vegas. Host it in England on PPV. Rake in the dough and if Parker is leaving with 9M, Wilder’s leaving with probably 12-15M. Joshua would see 25M+. That British Pound is nice.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
22 wrote:
Finally looks like Joshua vs Wilder is unavoidable

Joshua can also use Fury as leverage so Wilder just gonna have to accept his terms

you would think but it's avoidable .... like you stated, Joshua can use Fury as leverage to make Wilder take a lowball number, like 10M but to Wilder, that's a huge payday. Even Uncle Al Haymon can't save his ass. Hearn has all the leverage. Wilder can't ask for 50/50 when he can't even fill up Barclays.

Wilder got on television and said Joshua make the bigger lootage fighting in America .... lol ..... Joshua don't need America. Dude just put 75K+ in a stadium, made 18M in US loot, picked up a fourth belt, the WBO, to add to his WBA, IBF and minor IBO belts. Dude is playing chess with three queens on the board.

He could say, F Wilder, I'm gonna fight Fury and would probably pocket 20M+ because the Brits are that crazy about the dude. They're rapidly approaching the Latinos when it comes to boxing. And no one is making that kinda money anymore. Last one was Floyd. Canelo possibly after PPV numbers but Josh is a tremendously great position.

Can’t disagree with anything here
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Once again Wilders management team is not serving him well Dibella is just doing boxing basics, but who the hell is managing his brand? With his big personality and his record, my god he is the undefeated heavyweight champion of the world with multiple title defenses and leaves the opposition face down in the ring. And you can't market that guy? Come on, the LG community could do a better job than his representation.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Once again Wilders management team is not serving him well Dibella is just doing boxing basics, but who the hell is managing his brand? With his big personality and his record, my god he is the undefeated heavyweight champion of the world with multiple title defenses and leaves the opposition face down in the ring. And you can't market that guy? Come on, the LG community could do a better job than his representation.

He just did an interview with the Breakfast Club in New York and was on the NFL NETWORK last week. They’re trying. Dude is charismatic. May have to go the Floyd route and become a full fledge a-hole to get people to pay to watch him lose.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:34 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

He just did an interview with the Breakfast Club in New York and was on the NFL NETWORK last week. They’re trying. Dude is charismatic. May have to go the Floyd route and become a full fledge a-hole to get people to pay to watch him lose.

That would be a (bleep) shame.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject:

^yeah, I'd rather he stay true to himself. i don't see him doing any better trying to pretend he's something he's not.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject:

There will never be another Ali, there will never be another Floyd.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject:

GGG vs Canelo II is off while Canelo faces doping charges from Nevada St. Athletic Commission.

LINK
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
GGG vs Canelo II is off while Canelo faces doping charges from Nevada St. Athletic Commission.

LINK

LOL
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:41 am    Post subject:

would love to see a Danny Jacobs rematch. but they'll probably get a Billy Joe Saunders or something.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
would love to see a Danny Jacobs rematch. but they'll probably get a Billy Joe Saunders or something.

yup. they should but i dont think it's enough time but it shouldnt be hard to sell. for all the 160 belts and have it in the UK where Saunders is from. It would give them a shot to see GGG. That would be crazy and in front of 70K.

Hate to say it but 70K beats 15K any day of the week.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait for Joshua v Wilder.
Joshua's is a little too stiff and robotic in the ring for my liking. I slightly prefer Wilder's unorthodox approach.
Despite being the superior knockout artist, Wilder would probably be the underdog.

I'm not buying Canelo's tainted meat excuse. And I actually rooted for him when he fought GGG.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

I'd rather watch daniel jacobs vs billy joe saunders than GGG vs one of those. I honestly thought Jacobs vs GGG was an easy decision. Sure Jacobs picked it up at the end but GGG clearly won. Don't need to see that fight again. Saunders needs to fight one more top guy to get a GGG fight.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Well Canelo killed his rep with this.

At this point why don't they just fight somewhere else (if GGG still wants to)?
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:

yup. they should but i dont think it's enough time but it shouldnt be hard to sell. for all the 160 belts and have it in the UK where Saunders is from. It would give them a shot to see GGG. That would be crazy and in front of 70K.

Saunders has a hand injury thats why he postponed the Martin Murray fight until June.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:

Saunders has a hand injury thats why he postponed the Martin Murray fight until June.

I don’t see them ever fighting. Golovkin might as well attempt to move up. Fighting Charlo will be tough because of the networks. That’s why Hearn had Jacobs sign with HBO so there would be no road blocks on a potential GGG rematch.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 447, 448, 449 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 448 of 514
Jump to: