2018 LA Angels Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Feb 2002
Posts: 2408
Location: Newport Coast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5plLDuet9A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcfBPS2Hh2w

Remember those scouts that said he wasn't ready for the majors? Yeah.....


That second video is hilarious. He was like, ďI did it...look at me...címon!!!Ē
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 23971

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Makes me wonder if he was just studying the pitchers during spring training and sandbagging.


I donít watch a ton of baseball but dude looks like he has a really smooth swing. Esp for a pitcher.


Spring training is where they make adjustments. I read in a baseball forum and some guys were mentioning how he was pretty bad in spring training over in Japan too.
_________________
All Aboard the Paul George 2018 Train. CHOO CHOO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 20736

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Makes me wonder if he was just studying the pitchers during spring training and sandbagging.


I donít watch a ton of baseball but dude looks like he has a really smooth swing. Esp for a pitcher.


Spring training is where they make adjustments. I read in a baseball forum and some guys were mentioning how he was pretty bad in spring training over in Japan too.


Just read somewhere on Twitter that the exit velocity on his homerun was the highest of any pitcher ever. Crazy.

Hey for your fantasy baseball junkies, how does it work with a guy like Ohtani? Is he designated a pitcher only? Or does he qualify as DH or something so you can play him as a position player too?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 12025
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Makes me wonder if he was just studying the pitchers during spring training and sandbagging.


I donít watch a ton of baseball but dude looks like he has a really smooth swing. Esp for a pitcher.


Spring training is where they make adjustments. I read in a baseball forum and some guys were mentioning how he was pretty bad in spring training over in Japan too.


Just read somewhere on Twitter that the exit velocity on his homerun was the highest of any pitcher ever. Crazy.

Hey for your fantasy baseball junkies, how does it work with a guy like Ohtani? Is he designated a pitcher only? Or does he qualify as DH or something so you can play him as a position player too?


Most leagues have him as two separate players. You can take him as a pitcher or you can take him as a hitter. Of course, you can also end up with both "players", too.
_________________
For #25: Huerter, Jontay, Okogie, DiVincenzo, Holiday, Brunson, Melton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 23971

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Ohtani just hit a freaking missile again. 459' blast. 3 HR's in 3 games...w t f.

*edit* "Only" 449'.
_________________
All Aboard the Paul George 2018 Train. CHOO CHOO!


Last edited by jonnybravo on Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief


Joined: 07 Sep 2001
Posts: 35715
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Must see TV right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 23971

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject:

I'm definitely going to catch an Angels game or two for this guy. Angels have this guy AND Trout? Talk about box office.
_________________
All Aboard the Paul George 2018 Train. CHOO CHOO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 12025
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
I'm definitely going to catch an Angels game or two for this guy. Angels have this guy AND Trout? Talk about box office.


Yeah as you know jb, I'm right by the stadium and can walk to games. I'm going to have to go to more games this season for sure. There's a buzz when he's out there.
_________________
For #25: Huerter, Jontay, Okogie, DiVincenzo, Holiday, Brunson, Melton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 29615

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

I don't expect him to homer every game, so just enjoy the show for now. Angels haven't been exciting to watch the past couple of years, so I can see a resurgence just because of the unique skills he brings to the team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 9951

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject:

I was there tonight. The buzz in the stadium is pretty special.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 20736

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

Havent watched a baseball game in years but fully plan to when he pitches on Sunday.

Anyone know if heíll hit tonight or will they give him the day off?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 15878

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Havent watched a baseball game in years but fully plan to when he pitches on Sunday.

Anyone know if heíll hit tonight or will they give him the day off?


Not in the lineup tonight since he pitches tomorrow
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 20736

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Havent watched a baseball game in years but fully plan to when he pitches on Sunday.

Anyone know if heíll hit tonight or will they give him the day off?


Not in the lineup tonight since he pitches tomorrow


Cool, thanks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 12025
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
22 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Havent watched a baseball game in years but fully plan to when he pitches on Sunday.

Anyone know if heíll hit tonight or will they give him the day off?


Not in the lineup tonight since he pitches tomorrow


Cool, thanks!


Yeah, the current plan is to have him get the day off on the day before he pitches and also on the day after he pitches. If he keeps hitting well though, down the stretch of the season I could see them changing that up. It's a sensible plan, though. It would mean he gets about 300 AB's--roughly half a season's worth--along with making, hopefully, close to 30 starts or so.
_________________
For #25: Huerter, Jontay, Okogie, DiVincenzo, Holiday, Brunson, Melton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 9951

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

7 Ks through the first 4 innings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 1212

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

This kid isinsane. 18 batters retired in a row with 11 strike outs. Kershaw pitching today and Lakers game started but i am watching the Angels. Lol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 20736

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Damn. Perfect game through 6 innings with 11 Ks. Broke Angles record already with most strikeouts in first home start.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 29615

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Perfect game and no hitter gone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 12025
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject:

The hype is real, it appears.
_________________
For #25: Huerter, Jontay, Okogie, DiVincenzo, Holiday, Brunson, Melton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 9951

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject:

That was one heck of an opening week!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 29615

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
The hype is real, it appears.


Yep, and the Angels got him for a bargain.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 40337

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject:

This Otani guy looks very legit, crazy stuff.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cutheon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 7453
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Incredible. I have tickets to Yanks/Angels April 27, hope he keeps it up until then
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Steve007
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 9142

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Damn. Perfect game through 6 innings with 11 Ks. Broke Angles record already with most strikeouts in first home start.


And he did it against a team he already faced a week earlier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SoCaLjAy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jul 2006
Posts: 3451
Location: SoCal of course...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject:

raffi wrote:
I was there tonight. The buzz in the stadium is pretty special.

I was there last night 4/8 and have to agree. He got a standing ovation after Oakland finally got a hit; his performance was that good. He was absolutely dominant. He got a loud applause for every strikeout after the first few. The wave was in full effect.

I sat behind home plate when I usually sit on the third base side so the perspective on the pitcher was awesome. He definitely made quite a few batters look silly; some of them just stood there after striking out like "what just happened?"

I randomly picked last night to go so it was definitely a stroke of luck to get to see this kid's first home outing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB