Breaking: Active shooter at YouTube HQ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject:

Legitimately did not expect CB to double down - and so aggressively, too. Are you a vegan?!?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Legitimately did not expect CB to double down - and so aggressively, too. Are you a vegan?!?

You gotta know when to hold um, know when to fold um!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Just going by my own personal experiences with Vegans. Unfortunately none of em have been pleasant at all and pretty much psychotic.

What kind of people go up to you during a meal in public and aggressively try to berate you for your food choices? Raising their voice and making a scene. For What??? Screaming they're Vegan and I'm some sort of disgusting person for minding my own business and enjoying my Cheeseburger? Not normal behavior at all.

Then there was what I experienced at Pinks that one night I described. Several other unpleaseant wacked out instances as well, all basically the same all for their Vegan cause. wth is wrong with them?

Worse one was an old co-worker who wouldn't shut up about being Vegan and made lunchtime unbearable, multiple aggravated incidents and tried to get the company to create separate lunchrooms and/or revamp the menu (are you fin kidding me!?). Dude was always on edge and and flat out weird.

Yeah, yeah, I probably have never met a nice normal person who happens to be a Vegan and I'm sure they're some out there whom can change my mind, anythings possible etc...... But that's yet to happen. lol. They've all just been weird angry, aggressive people in my experience.

So yeah... sorry if that's my initial reaction to finding out this mass shooter was vegan, but seriously, I'm just not suprised at all.

Last edited by ChickenBeckerman on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:31 pm; edited 7 times in total
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject:

" People are people. Their diets don't make them crazy or not crazy."

You're saying that a persons diet, eating habits and nutrition doesn't effect their health and well being? And doesn't effect mentality at all? Is that what you're saying?
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Four Aces baby. Make the call.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject:

This thread has taken an unexpected turn LOL.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:

The bad refs never address the initial foul, only the reaction.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Vin wrote:

I'll end my rant.

If a separate thread pops up I'll be happy to share more stories about my nutjob vegan co-worker.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:15 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

This is the biggest load of huey I've seen in a while.

i'm out here getting shaded by CL now
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:53 am    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
Vin wrote:

I'll end my rant.

If a separate thread pops up I'll be happy to share more stories about my nutjob vegan co-worker.

I've known some crazy guys who drink milk and eat chichen.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
she was asking, "Why do people get so angry when they find out someone else is on a vegan diet?"

Actually, people don't get angry that people are vegan.

They get angry at the vegans who feel the need to constantly broadcast it to the world . . . same way cross fitters are annoying.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Speaking of vegans... this happened a week ago. So awesome.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/939141/toronto-chef-eats-steak-in-front-of-vegan-protesters-canada-antler-restaurant

Vegan tears!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Speaking of vegans... this happened a week ago. So awesome.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/939141/toronto-chef-eats-steak-in-front-of-vegan-protesters-canada-antler-restaurant

Vegan tears!

That cop probably wanted a bite of the steak too.....
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
Just going by my own personal experiences with Vegans. Unfortunately none of em have been pleasant at all and pretty much psychotic.

What kind of people go up to you during a meal in public and aggressively try to berate you for your food choices? Raising their voice and making a scene. For What??? Screaming they're Vegan and I'm some sort of disgusting person for minding my own business and enjoying my Cheeseburger? Not normal behavior at all.

Then there was what I experienced at Pinks that one night I described. Several other unpleaseant wacked out instances as well, all basically the same all for their Vegan cause. wth is wrong with them?

Worse one was an old co-worker who wouldn't shut up about being Vegan and made lunchtime unbearable, multiple aggravated incidents and tried to get the company to create separate lunchrooms and/or revamp the menu (are you fin kidding me!?). Dude was always on edge and and flat out weird.

Yeah, yeah, I probably have never met a nice normal person who happens to be a Vegan and I'm sure they're some out there whom can change my mind, anythings possible etc...... But that's yet to happen. lol. They've all just been weird angry, aggressive people in my experience.

So yeah... sorry if that's my initial reaction to finding out this mass shooter was vegan, but seriously, I'm just not suprised at all.

first response to this was it sounds like you know too many people who are insecure

I have met plenty of vegans.
they don't tell me how to eat .. never have

why in the (bleep) Vegan is even a part of this discussion is beyond the insanity of the shooting itself.. *unless some odd chemicals in the vegetables have been found to cause this?

*I just started here.. <<doesn't know why vegan was brought up
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

The Secret Life of Plants part 2 of 4 Cleve Baxter

The Secret Life of Plants part 4 of 4 Russian Experiments
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Four Aces baby. Make the call.

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject:

Fwiw, if you can get a vegan to talk about something unrelated to veganism (or Bernie/Hillary/ stein), they are often gentle and cool people. Btw, I found a really cool hack for identifying the rational vegans: they voted for Hillary. Of being political in this thread, but it’s true. Hillary plus vegan equals unicorn

Last edited by Omar Little on Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

I know several Vegans who fit every stereotype in this thread.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Fwiw, if you can get a vegan to talk about something unrelated veganism (or Bernie/Hillary/ stein), they are often gentle and cool people. Btw, I found a really cool back for identifying the rational vegans: they voted for Hillary. Of being political in this thread, but it’s true. Hillary plus vegan equals unicorn

In fairness to vegans (ugh), the rapid growth of their movement occurred right during the PC/outrage/SJW era and so there’s probably some of that mixed in there as well.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Fwiw, if you can get a vegan to talk about something unrelated veganism (or Bernie/Hillary/ stein), they are often gentle and cool people. Btw, I found a really cool back for identifying the rational vegans: they voted for Hillary. Of being political in this thread, but it’s true. Hillary plus vegan equals unicorn

In fairness to vegans (ugh), the rapid growth of their movement occurred right during the PC/outrage/SJW era and so there’s probably some of that mixed in there as well.

No, that may be your experience, but their movement far predates that. But there is a lot of symmetry in idealism.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

No, that may be your experience, but their movement far predates that. But there is a lot of symmetry in idealism.

I know their movement predates that, but the rapid growth occurred around 2010.

Its arguable the PC/outrage/SJW era spurred growth in veganism (rather than they just independently occurred at the same). Gave folks another thing to yell about.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I know their movement predates that, but the rapid growth occurred around 2010.

Its arguable the PC/outrage/SJW era spurred growth in veganism (rather than they just independently occurred at the same). Gave folks another thing to yell about.

Nah, you’re just recognizing one of many blooms.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject:

The community in which I work is one of the most predominantly vegan cities in the world because the majority of residents are Seventh Day Adventists. An estimated one third of the residents are vegan, and half are vegetarian. These folks are completely indistinguishable from the meat eaters. I think the stereotypes mentioned come from the vocal fringe activists that are not indicative of vegans as a whole.
Certainly not in my experience.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
The community in which I work is one of the most predominantly vegan cities in the world because the majority of residents are Seventh Day Adventists. An estimated one third of the residents are vegan, and half are vegetarian. These folks are completely indistinguishable from the meat eaters. I think the stereotypes mentioned come from the vocal fringe activists that are not indicative of vegans as a whole.

As a recovered seventh Day Adventist, first I’ve heard of them being vegan to any large degree. Interesting. Loma Linda I assume is where you work?
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

As a recovered seventh Day Adventist, first I’ve heard of them being vegan to any large degree. Interesting. Loma Linda I assume is where you work?

Yes, and the community is defined by it's affiliation with the the SDA church, with the University and Medical Center at the center. Almost everything is closed for the weekend (starting Friday afternoon) in observation of the sabath, and until recently, grocery stores and restaurants did not sell alcohol and there were no bars or drive-through fast food.

Health is their primary motivation for a plant based diet, and as a community, they have achieved that goal by being one of the five BLUE ZONE CITIES in the world. I've never had anyone in Loma Linda talk to me about becoming a vegan, but I have been invited to (vegetarian) lunches, morning walks and weekend hikes. Separately, I have encountered the "Meat is Murder" vegan activists and understand the stereotype. But the folks in Loma Linda have a mantra more along the lines of "Plants are healthier, walking is fun so join us and let's live to be 100".
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: