Lamar Odom to start cannabis business
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject:

I guess he can rule out being an assistant coach for his buddy, Luke. Lol.

Wait, can I laugh about that?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
As a strong advocate for marijuana and all of its amazing attributes, I can say from personal experience that one drug only replaces another, and usually not for long. The underlying issues that cause addiction aren’t cured with a couple puffs.

Albeit it’s better than crack, it’s only a matter of time before an addict returns to the original drug of choice.
his original drug of choice was weed. lets never forget him in tears because he was suspended for getting caught the 2nd time and he knew 3rd time caught meant he was out of the nba. if you believe the story he told in that article not long ago posted here. he slipped up and found his way to the coca. But his drug of choice was always the herb.

It's been suggested marijuana is a gateway drug.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
Sounds like a plan!

Some Critical Mass yumm
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
As a strong advocate for marijuana and all of its amazing attributes, I can say from personal experience that one drug only replaces another, and usually not for long. The underlying issues that cause addiction aren’t cured with a couple puffs.

Albeit it’s better than crack, it’s only a matter of time before an addict returns to the original drug of choice.
his original drug of choice was weed. lets never forget him in tears because he was suspended for getting caught the 2nd time and he knew 3rd time caught meant he was out of the nba. if you believe the story he told in that article not long ago posted here. he slipped up and found his way to the coca. But his drug of choice was always the herb.

It's been suggested marijuana is a gateway drug.

to another vortex?

I sometimes wind up on other planets
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

I haven't drank for almost 9 months

Weed is plenty..
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Lamar Odom to start cannabis business

ChefLinda wrote:
rwongega wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Quote:
Lamar Odom is preparing to launch Rich Soil Organics, a line of marijuana products, because he credits cannabis for helping him while he underwent treatment for substance abuse.

I know people will snicker at this, but I've read that cannabis can help people kick an addiction to a drug that, you know, is actually bad for you.

Good for him that he's finding a way to be active and productive in retirement. It's a miracle that he's even able to function after what happened at that whore house recently.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/lamar-odom-marijuana-helped-me-after-rehab/

Mods, feel free to move this to the General Basketball Discussion section if need be.

I don't think he would've kept drugs around with all those children in the Kardashian's....oh you meant that other whore house.

No, not funny. Calling women whores is a sexist slur. Don't do it here. And that goes for the people lol-ing and agreeing. Just grow up and stop reinforcing sexist stereotypes.

One was referring to a brothel and one is referring to how the Kardashians even made it onto the public spotlight. They fit the definition of whores to a T. Unless you'd rather use the word prostitute. Either way, that circus of venereal diseases is what it is.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

It's pretty simple. Don't call women whores.

Really can't believe that in 2018 that has to be explained to someone.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

If I see men being called douchebags and bastards, I'm happy to provide equal treatment and call someone who has sex for money a whore. Especially when I hear women call each other whores.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

If I see men being called douchebags and bastards, I'm happy to provide equal treatment and call someone who has sex for money a whore. Especially when I hear women call each other whores.

You are being deliberately obtuse. The appropriate word would be prostitute. Whore is a sexist slur.

This is a private message board and we get to determine the level of discourse here, not you. I told you not to use the word. This is my last warning. If you keep arguing in bad faith you'll be suspended.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:

Agreed. And the last thing a person with addiction problems should be doing is associating himself with such substances.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

You are being deliberately obtuse. The appropriate word would be prostitute. Whore is a sexist slur.

This is a private message board and we get to determine the level of discourse here, not you. I told you not to use the word. This is my last warning. If you keep arguing in bad faith you'll be suspended.

I have to say, while I respect your right as a mod to do as you please to keep things appropriate, this is WAY over the top (especially given the user involved). The term is part of the language in so many way that are less crass than many derogatory words that slam males which you, nor anyone, else even bat an eye lid at here. And pointing that out is not being "obtuse" at all.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I'm a woman I agree with you.

That being said yes a "Whore" has sex for money because its another word for a prostitute(exchanges sex for money). There's a reason why Lamar OD'd at a "Whore House"

Now if you're calling a woman who has indiscriminate sex for no monetary gain that's a "slut".
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I'm a woman I agree with you.

That being said yes a "Whore" has sex for money because its another word for a prostitute(exchanges sex for money). There's a reason why Lamar OD'd at a "Whore House"

Now if you're calling a woman who has indiscriminate sex for no monetary gain that's a "slut".

The term is also a part of the language outside of the sleazy sex-trade context. It's been a term applied to men and women alike who subject themselves for money or other things . . . such as "attention whore".
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: