*** Utah Jazz @ Los Angeles Lakers (04/8/18) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Kudos to Josh Hart and Tyler Ennis for fighting to the end.

Good effort overall by an outmanned, overmatched Laker squad.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Lakers hopefully do not get fooled by Ennis and his once in a million good game, he only shows up when there is nothing to play for... when he was on a playoff team he was riding the bench with Houston.... can’t wait to finally have a real back up PG next year with nice potential options this summer.

thinking of Ennis/Caruso/GP rotation makes me wanna puke

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakers hopefully do not get fooled by Ennis and his once in a million good game, he only shows up when there is nothing to play for... when he was on a playoff team he was riding the bench with Houston.... can’t wait to finally have a real back up PG next summer...

Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
Mitchell might be the next great SG, unfortunately looks like the Lakers got conned by LaVar, no chance Lonzo comes even close to being on Mitchell's level on offense. KAT, Porz, Simmons, Booker, etc. all showed superstar potential early on compared to the Lakers young players. Going to see if they can make up for it in free agency.

Relax. if you notice all the top rooks except Tatum are at least two years removed from college as is Mitchell. Simmons and KAT were the #1 prospects so of course they look the best from their respective drafts. That being said, even if mitchell or Dev Booker are the best young SG prospects ...neither guy looks to me like a #1 on a title team and i dont think even KAT or wiggins is either
.. and i loved KAT in his draft and predicted he was only superstar (Porzy and Booker have shown flashes tho).

Now what u should be concerned with, is Randle wanting superstar (#1) money and he is nowhere close to that ...Ingram can definitely grow in to a #2 on a title team and i think Kuzma and ball could start for one if they continue to develop. Randle and Hart high level rotation/bench guys. Randle should be in the Odom role tbh ...Kuzma the Horry role ...Hart the Fusher role ...Ingram the Pau/Worthy role...problem is we got no one for the Kobe/Magic/Shaq/Kareem to lead them ...and PG13 is not that either ..

Last edited by Killakobe81 on Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

pio2u wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakers hopefully do not get fooled by Ennis and his once in a million good game, he only shows up when there is nothing to play for... when he was on a playoff team he was riding the bench with Houston.... can’t wait to finally have a real back up PG next summer...

This is exactly what happened last year, and the front office got it into their heads that Ennis was sufficient as a backup PG. I like the guy... he seems to try hard... but if he's our backup again next season it will be another big failure.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

defense wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Mitchell might be the next great SG, unfortunately looks like the Lakers got conned by LaVar, no chance Lonzo comes even close to being on Mitchell's level on offense. KAT, Porz, Simmons, Booker, etc. all showed superstar potential early on compared to the Lakers young players. Going to see if they can make up for it in free agency.

Disregard defense
That wins championships

And let’s just say that Mitchell is another Lillard (best case scenario imo). What has Dame ever won?

And Portland has more firepower than Utah. Jazz are still missing a ton of offense.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject:

I’m not gonna try to complain but I can’t hide it, I think Ingram and Ball could have played a long time ago but for whatever reason the Lakers basically decided to be cautious with them which we won’t know why.. until the season is over.... this season could have been more fun .. now a lot of us want it to end.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Ask yourselves why we keep going into losing tailspins when Lonzo doesn't play. Agree he has a lot of work to do on his shot... but defense, playmaking, rebounding, all are high level for a point guard. If he can score with regularity and efficiency we probably only need one elite to compete.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

This is exactly what happened last year, and the front office got it into their heads that Ennis was sufficient as a backup PG. I like the guy... he seems to try hard... but if he's our backup again next season it will be another big failure.

I can’t see any scenario what so ever on Ennis being bought back... Maybeeee as a 3rd string...

Check out this list of potential back up PGs this summer

Trey Burke
Devin Harris
Fred VanFleet
Tony Parker

And much much more...

The only way Ennis is bought back is if we completely don’t do anything this summer and we are looking to get a top prospect next year.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Worthy thinks all the young players are playing in summer league lol

So at least we have that to look forward to
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject:

And as great as Mitchell looks only rook im especially jealous of is Tatum. And Kuzma if we did not have him already ..not discrediting mitchell he is uber aggressive and has improved his range. Just not ready to say he is the next Westbrook or Wade.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject:

No worries, Josh Hart's supporting cast in Lonzo, BI, Kuz will be back next year. We might even get PG13 or Lebron. They are all perfect pieces to build around Josh the Hitman Hart.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I can’t see any scenario what so ever on Ennis being bought back... Maybeeee as a 3rd string...

Trey Burke
Devin Harris
Fred VanFleet
Tony Parker

And much much more...

The only way Ennis is bought back is if we completely don’t do anything this summer and we are looking to get a top prospect next year.

I don't see Burke or VanVleet available for one year contracts and Harris will be 35 and Parker 36. I'd see Quinn Cook or Seth as good options but the Warriors look like they won't let Quinn go and I'm not sure Seth will be available for one year either. I think IT because of his injury might be the most realistic 1 year signing... but sure if we can get one of the younger ones for a year... I'd be happy with that.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
No worries, Josh Hart's supporting cast in Lonzo, BI, Kuz will be back next year. We might even get PG13 or Lebron. They are all perfect pieces to build around Josh the Hitman Hart.

The dream is PG + LeBron
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Trey Burke
Devin Harris
Fred VanFleet
Tony Parker

And much much more...

I don't see Burke or VanVleet available for one year contracts and Harris will be 35 and Parker 36. I'd see Quinn Cook or Seth as good options but the Warriors look like they won't let Quinn go and I'm not sure Seth will be available for one year either. I think IT because of his injury might be the most realistic 1 year signing... but sure if we can get one of the younger ones for a year... I'd be happy with that.

What about Michael Carter-Williams think he is a FA
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Trey Burke
Devin Harris
Fred VanFleet
Tony Parker

And much much more...

We already have the poor man's version of him
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Trey Burke
Devin Harris
Fred VanFleet
Tony Parker

And much much more...

That's DRose level of risk... maybe for the third string.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject:

So... 0-10 from Brook tonight.. was he that bad or was Gobert that good? I didn't see it, I'm watching Wrestlemania.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
So... 0-10 from Brook tonight.. was he that bad or was Gobert that good? I didn't see it, I'm watching Wrestlemania.

Gobert was really good against Lopez then Lopez just started chucked outside shots.

Gobert is really special on D, hes my pick for DPOY.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
MJST wrote:

Gobert was really good against Lopez then Lopez just started chucked outside shots.

Gobert is really special on D, hes my pick for DPOY.

Brolo was bad today.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure the extent of the injuries... but playoff bound or not, I think it's lame that BI and Lonzo are sitting out the rest of the year.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Killakobe81 wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:

Relax. if you notice all the top rooks except Tatum are at least two years removed from college as is Mitchell. Simmons and KAT were the #1 prospects so of course they look the best from their respective drafts. That being said, even if mitchell or Dev Booker are the best young SG prospects ...neither guy looks to me like a #1 on a title team and i dont think even KAT or wiggins is either
.. and i loved KAT in his draft and predicted he was only superstar (Porzy and Booker have shown flashes tho).

Now what u should be concerned with, is Randle wanting superstar (#1) money and he is nowhere close to that ...Ingram can definitely grow in to a #2 on a title team and i think Kuzma and ball could start for one if they continue to develop. Randle and Hart high level rotation/bench guys. Randle should be in the Odom role tbh ...Kuzma the Horry role ...Hart the Fusher role ...Ingram the Pau/Worthy role...problem is we got no one for the Kobe/Magic/Shaq/Kareem to lead them ...and PG13 is not that either ..

Spot on. Agree on all points. PG13 is most likely a good #2 on a championship contender. He needs to be paired with a legitimate superstar like a Lebron or Kawhi. The purpose of free agency is so the Lakers can get that #1 guy to carry the team.

As far as that other poster goes, I personally think Lonzo has shown flashes of superstar potential. There have been games for us where he was the most impactful guy on the floor and hardly touched the ball. I still think the Kidd comparisons are accurate. Just needs to lock himself in the gym this summer.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
I'm not sure the extent of the injuries... but playoff bound or not, I think it's lame that BI and Lonzo are sitting out the rest of the year.

Couldn't agree more. These are valuable minutes for their development that are going to waste. As long as there's no risk of further injury they should be out there. No one is 100% at this stage of the season.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject:

I'm gonna make a prediction:

Anytime Hart & Ennis are the Lakers top two scorers, it will be a Laker loss...
lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Couldn't agree more. These are valuable minutes for their development that are going to waste. As long as there's no risk of further injury they should be out there. No one is 100% at this stage of the season.

It makes the games hard to watch!! I can't remember so many "seemingly" minor injuries turning into months out of the lineup. With Vitti gone, I wonder if it is a total different approach. Whether it's the FO, staff, or the players - it seems that they are far more cautious then I've seen in bball before?!?!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11
Jump to: