The Good, Bad and Ugly of Mitch Kupchak's LA Lakers Tenure
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject:

I'm thinking the "Bad & Ugly" only occurred when Mitch was forced to follow (owner) Jimbo's commands...

I liked the pre-Jimbo Mitch just fine...
Smel Counts
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

The guy had one leg and two arms tied behind his back working for the incredibly dysfunctional ‘Short Buss’ family.

And I know Emplay has quality sources but I’ll believe the “ CP3 trade would have still gone down with an extra first rounder but MITCH was the guy who said no” theory when the people involved actually confirm it on the record.

Plus none of that happened in a vacuum. The ink on the Laker-killing CBA wasn’t even dry when the trade went down and it’s much more plausible IMO that the “Short Busses” finally just told Sterno to go F himself out of pride at that point.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject:

Mitch/Jim worked in concert - they walked away from the deal.

Chris Paul told the NBA, I'm moving to LA, you figure it out.

When LA traded Odom, that was that. NBA/Hornets worked a deal with the Clippers.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Smel Counts wrote:
The guy had one leg and two arms tied behind his back working for the incredibly dysfunctional ‘Short Buss’ family.

And I know Emplay has quality sources but I’ll believe the “ CP3 trade would have still gone down with an extra first rounder but MITCH was the guy who said no” theory when the people involved actually confirm it on the record.

Plus none of that happened in a vacuum. The ink on the Laker-killing CBA wasn’t even dry when the trade went down and it’s much more plausible IMO that the “Short Busses” finally just told Sterno to go F himself out of pride at that point.

They why did they give up those first rounders for Nash???
LakersJunkie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject:

I think it cab be summed up by:

Pretty good draft record

Very good on trades

Not so good on free agents (Deng, Mozgov, Radmonovic, etc. - although getting Metta at the minimum when Ariza was trying to get about double that helped get the chip against the Celtics, bringing back Fisher changed the atmosphere in the locker room, etc. There were a few decent moves there). One thing to point out about some of the free agents we missed out on is that other teams later regretted those signings (Greg Monroe, Deandre Jordan, Melo, Dwight, even Aldridge didn't truly pan out and Ariza was dumped by the Rockets at one point).
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Metta wasn't at the min but the MLE
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: