Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 536, 537, 538 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers get two max stars then they will need a new experienced coach, the blunders Luke makes at the end of games, player substitutions and not planning plays for the players will NOT get the Lakers to the next level and will frustrate the stars that are brought in...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

He cost us a lot of games early in the season but started to coach more better as the season went on but he’s still using bad rotations which causes other teams to go on runs, I’m guessing next year with a better roster we won’t have to worry about bad 4th quarter rotations with a healthy and talented roster.

Next year is the real showcase of Luke as a HC
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Luke definitely has his blunders, but I've been thinking recently just how hard it is to be an NBA coach, all the little nuances and items to manage...if I had to manage lineups in a real game my head would be spinning.

Well that's why you have a bunch of assistants to help deal with it. His staff is lacking. He's no Sean McVeigh with the way he went hiring his staff.
mugwump
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject:

Only an alpha coach works for the Lakers, with all the distractions and good weather, easy living found in SoCal.

Alpha coach. Luke Walton will not deliver us to the promised land.

If there is a list of the best coaches in the NBA, the FO should offer any amount and part ownership to getting the best coach here. By any means necessary.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:25 am    Post subject:

mugwump wrote:
Only an alpha coach works for the Lakers, with all the distractions and good weather, easy living found in SoCal.

BS
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject:

Luke seemed to do just fine when he had healthy all star players in GS....he's done a great job given the turn over of players, amount young players were relied upon and the amount of injuries to key players.

Keep in mind one of last years "they are going to be awesome" darlings was the t wolves, they won 31 games last year.

Lukes a great coach for this team an even better coach if we nab 2 top shelf all stars
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject:

It’s funny to hear some guys talk about Luke.

Luke’s been great for us.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:59 am    Post subject:

I’ve moved closer to center on Luke. Didn’t think he did a great job early on in the season. When we started Deng on day 1, I was like oh boy, here we go.

But he made adjustments.

So now the next step in his development (even though I don’t share the sentiment that a coach should get time to develop), is to put a full season together. That will be next year.

I still find myself frustrated by how poorly we are on set plays from out of bounds. But I’m happy with how we have fared defensively overall and how scrappy we have become. A lot of losses but not many blowouts at all.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject:

After they win one of these last two games, that’s back to back 9 win improvements for the season. That’s with having new players both years, no stars being added to the roster, injuries to key players both years and they’ve gotten younger going into each year.

And this is a “developing” Luke Walton. I’ll tske that every day of the week. Coaches shouldn’t be judged on every little decision they make. Nobody will agree with all of them. Coaches should be judged on the performance/improvement of their team and the Lakers have improved a ton throughout both seasons.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject:

This season, we've played the following non-NBA players significant minutes - Travis Wear, Tyler Ennis, Alex Caruso, Gary Payton II, Derick Williams, Nigel Hayes and Vander Blue. That's not to mention Thomas Bryant (who clearly isn't ready for real minutes yet). I'd argue that, at times, by any measure of on the floor talent, we've had on the floor the worst lineups in the NBA.

Counting the loss of Nance and Clarkson and assuming Ball, Kuzma and Ingram each miss the final two games (while deducting Thomas' 17 games played), we've lost a total of 110 games from those 5 players. By comparison, looking at Philly's top 5 players by MPG - Embiid, Simmons, Redick, Covington and Saric - they've only lost 39 games between those 5 players. Also, our starting line up - Ball/KCP/Ingram/Randle/Lopez - has only played 7 games together.

Despite all that, we've won 8 more games than last year with a chance to still win 2 more. I predicated 34 wins this season, and, although that's where we currently stand, given the above, my expectations have been exceeded. I'm officially a Luke fan.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

^^ Big part of the reason our starting line up only played 7 games together is due to Luke having our best player on bench for the first 40 games.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
^^ Big part of the reason our starting line up only played 7 games together is due to Luke having our best player on bench for the first 40 games.

It wasn’t his choice
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

It wasn’t his choice

Where is your proof?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

It wasn’t his choice

Why would that not be his choice
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

mugwump wrote:

If there is a list of the best coaches in the NBA, the FO should offer any amount and part ownership to getting the best coach here. By any means necessary.

Is Ty Lue an alpha coach?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

It wasn’t his choice

The FO thought Randle was a backup center, so he was a backup center.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

It wasn’t his choice

link?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject:

If the FO really thought that then I wonder why they didn't trade him. I was actually pleased with the FO in the offseason for holding on to randle, but maybe they did it accidentally?
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

It wasn’t his choice

I think the FO and Luke were in agreement. This is the only real knock on Luke this season, IMO. Other than somehow turning us into a respectable defensive team, his rotations this year compared to the hockey sub rotations last year are his largest improvement, IMO.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:16 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

It wasn’t his choice

I think the FO and Luke were in agreement. This is the only real knock on Luke this season, IMO. Other than somehow turning us into a respectable defensive team, his rotations this year compared to the hockey sub rotations last year are his largest improvement, IMO.

That and maybe eschewing a shooting coach.

#BannersOverBillboards
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Tania Ganguli

Verified account

@taniaganguli
46s
46 seconds ago

More
Channing Frye gets asked if he thinks LeBron would like to play for Luke. First he asked if he was allowed to talk about that. Then he said “any superstar would like to play for Luke.”
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Tania Ganguli

Verified account

@taniaganguli
46s
46 seconds ago

More
Channing Frye gets asked if he thinks LeBron would like to play for Luke. First he asked if he was allowed to talk about that. Then he said “any superstar would like to play for Luke.”

I've always liked Channing Frye
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject:

“With his own free agency forthcoming, Frye said he has a good feel for the Lakers, despite only appearing in nine games with L.A. after missing a month following an appendectomy in February. He said he would be interested.

“I want to allow them to make the right decisions with bigger-name guys,” Frye said. “I’m a pretty dang good backup, emergency, break-the-glass type guy.”

oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Luke did a great job and I am sure he learned a lot too.

He got all the players to buy in to his system and commit to playing defense.

He has all the young guys playing unselfish ball and committed to working hard and improving their games.

The team played hard all season long and sought to improve even when they were out of the playoffs.

I think he could have committed more to Zubac and Bryant and gotten them experience which with the center position up in the air next year may be important.

He and JR ended up being Okay and Randle did emerge as a all star caliber player. I don't want to be critical but Luke my have been the only guy that could stop JR this year.

He took a young team, got them to play defense and exciting offense and we would have been over 500 if it weren't for the injuries to BI, Hart and Ball.

Need to figure out how to make things click quicker early in the season next year.

Oh yea he handled LaVar pretty good too though I thought that the LaVar kick in the butt helped the team which is was only possible because of Luke.

Overall I am thrilled with the job he did and super glad he is our coach.
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

mugwump wrote:

Alpha coach lmfao

tell me more about the red pill and alpha men please
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 536, 537, 538 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 537 of 818
Jump to: