Kevin Durant on why he gets technical fouls

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject: Kevin Durant on why he gets technical fouls

Quote:
"It's just my emotions and passion for the game," Durant said after Friday's practice session. "After winning that championship (last season), I learned that much hadn't changed. I thought it would fill a certain [void]. It didn't.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22970111/kevin-durant-says-yearning-win-another-title-causing-more-technical-fouls

Yeah, it's called winning a championship on a team you first played with. Ring chasing by joining a loaded team in your prime makes it hollow.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject:

So you think the refs call techs on Durant cause they're mad he joined the Warriors

I'm sure if our youngsters became a Championship squad on their own and beat the Pelicans in the playoffs you'd then have the same problem with Anthony Davis that you have with Durant. Or if we'd made the playoffs this year and beat the Thunder in the first round you'd be going "Now don't join us Paul George this off-season! That makes you a punk."

"Winning a Championship with a team you first played with." means nothing nowadays. Winning a Championship period is better than saying "Well I could have won if I went to a better team when I had the chance in my prime, but I wanted to be loyal."

Yep, that same loyalty is what's gotten Carmelo laughed at the past 3 seasons and called "more for the money" than about "winning". "He's loyal" can quickly become "he's selfish" just like "he's disloyal cause he's selfish!" can. One just takes a shorter period of time, but not winning leads to the same conclusion.

If Carmelo goes to the Rockets or the Bulls, he's a coward for leaving the Knicks and his Championships mean nothing. If he stays in a bad Knicks situation and keeps losing, then he's selfish and all in it for the money cause he isn't forcing his way to a winning situation.

It's a 'have your cake and eat it to' media society right now. So the best thing to do is not give a darn what they say or want, and do what is gonna make you the most successful or happy and if 'staying on the team that drafted you' gets in the way of that, then you eliminate it from the equation.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject:

I don't blame KD for leaving OKC....he was drafted by a Seattle team. It must have been a step backwards to move to Oklahoma City (Nevermind the fact that he played college ball at UT, it must have felt like he was playing ball in enemy territory). I bet he's glad to be playing basketball in the Bay Area.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: Kevin Durant on why he gets technical fouls

rwongega wrote:
Quote:
"It's just my emotions and passion for the game," Durant said after Friday's practice session. "After winning that championship (last season), I learned that much hadn't changed. I thought it would fill a certain [void]. It didn't.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22970111/kevin-durant-says-yearning-win-another-title-causing-more-technical-fouls

Yeah, it's called winning a championship on a team you first played with. Ring chasing by joining a loaded team in your prime makes it hollow.

If you give people utopia, its unfulfilling nature would lead people to start trying to break it. Seems he's sort of finding that reality, that overcoming adversity is part of the challenge. Granted he didn't need to stay with Westbrick, but taking the easy way out that was golden state was going to lead to this realisation.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject:

Durant seems like an unstable piece of (bleep) whenever I've seen him speak recently. Like the kind of guy who's one misinterpreted comment away from going into roid rage mode.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Durant seems like an unstable piece of (bleep) whenever I've seen him speak recently. Like the kind of guy who's one misinterpreted comment away from going into roid rage mode.

It's strange, because he always seemed so humble and calm when he was on the Thunder. I can't tell if he's changed or if he was just secretly this much of a douche the whole time.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject:

He sold his soul for gold. What you see is a man without a soul.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

It's strange, because he always seemed so humble and calm when he was on the Thunder. I can't tell if he's changed or if he was just secretly this much of a douche the whole time.

It wasn't secret at all. There were a couple of people on LG including myself who called him out for being a douche while on the thunder

Problem is most people only listen at espn
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:24 am    Post subject:

I think it's pretty simple. He's a prick, and he was overdoing the nice guy act while with OKC because he wanted people to like him at that time. Now, he doesn't seem to give an ish, which I can somewhat appreciate. But he's still a jerk, although that doesn't make him unique in the world of sports. Many all-time great athletes are. Michael Jordan comes to mind in basketball. (Some might say Kobe.) Tom Brady can be an asshat with his temper tantrums on the field, and Dan Marino was like that. Tiger Woods in golf was like that during his heyday, though he had most of the public fooled for a long time. The list goes on and on.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: