Poll: Would you trade Bryant and Hart for DLO?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you trade Hart and TBryant for DLO if the Nets called in the off season.
Yes!
17%
 17%  [ 37 ]
No!
82%
 82%  [ 176 ]
Total Votes : 213

cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

I don't think DLO regressed so much as struggled post injury. He was putting up good numbers to start the year. I also see essentially the same player. He can score in bunches, is not the most efficient player and not really a great defender. He is a good passer but forces bad passes and doesn't make enough passes. He seems like a combo guard more so than a true PG and he can't guard the 1 or 2 positions (too slow for 1, too week for 2).

With Lonzo/Hart/KCP the back court defense improved immensely. Hart is a cost controlled 2 way player. Once his 3 started dropping, he immediately become the ideal player for this team. Further he doesn't need the ball to be effective. Hart is simply a better fit for this team.

The trade at the time was disappointing but in the end, they nailed the draft. Lonzo will have to wait and see if he was worth a #2 but Kuzma and Hart were GREAT picks. Bryant may also prove to be very good. Glad the trade happened, don't really need DLO back.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING!!!
How do you come up with this stuff...

I can't tell which side you're on.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject:

DLO.... smh

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject:

Is it safe to say Russell is a bust?

15.6 PPG and 5.2 APG on 41.4% FG and 32.6% from three in 47 games at 25.8 MPG.

Basically an injury-prone, low-efficiency player with an attitude problem who was a locker room cancer.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject:

The trade really hinges on what we spend the cap space on (DLO+Moz).

I don't think you can analyze this in a vacuum, b/c it also includes the JC/Nance trade.

If we spend that cap space well, then it was worth it. If we end up whiffing on top FAs this year and next, not so much.

It's a more complicated question than just "who do you like better, DLO or Hart?"
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

Love DLO when he was here and was upset by the trade, but Hart looks like an extremely high level role player on a championship team who plays elite D, makes the right play, and hits big shots. DLO looks more an scoring minded guard with some flash but little D and health concerns.

In in vacuum, yes I guess that's a fair trade. For our purposed going forward, no. Hart will provide more value than DLO could for where we're headed.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't think you can analyze this in a vacuum, b/c it also includes the JC/Nance trade.

If we spend that cap space well, then it was worth it. If we end up whiffing on top FAs this year and next, not so much.

It's a more complicated question than just "who do you like better, DLO or Hart?"

Yes but the question is: Lakers keeping the capspace from DLO/Mozgov trade AND Nets propose a new trade DLo for Hart/Bryant, would you do it? it's a good tough question
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yes but the question is: Lakers keeping the capspace from DLO/Mozgov trade AND Nets propose a new trade DLo for Hart/Bryant, would you do it? it's a good tough question

Obviously bridges were burnt so it's not a tough question. There is no circumstance that I can imagine where DLO wants to be back and this FO wants him back.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject:

The injury issues are the biggest concern, and the history of course. In a vacuum, of course you do that trade. Even with the injuries, if you remove Okafor from his lineups, his post recovery stats normalize back to the ore injury gains. He’s not a great defender, but then again, he’s not as bad as some claim. And he’s got gravity. The fact that he dragged mozgov, deng, swaggy, and pick a player to better than .500 when on the floor is an underrated achievement.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject:

If we are building our team similar to the Warriors prior to their championship run, the guy that Hart most reminds me of is Andre Iguodala. A guy that can D up with the best of them, run the break and finish and shoot efficiently when needed. Both are low usage, low turnover guys who tend to make the right basketball play. Both are champions too. Low mistake type of players.

D'Lo has upside but that upside isn't as glaring as it once was plus he is about to be overpaid. He helps your team win when he's hot and hitting his shots and playmaking for others. Other games, he loses you the game by turning the ball over, shooting bad shots inefficiently and letting the guy he's guarding go off.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

Look DLO is not coming back to the Lakers, I doubt
Magic trades for him after all that has been said, from
one party and the other.

It really doesn't matter what we think, it's not
happening.

Realistically look to see if;

- KCP is wanted back and at what price tag OR
- depending on the other pieces if they could be interested in a better shooter in Tyreke Evans OR
- I doubt Danny Green, but he's a 3 & D guy OR
- someone from the Draft falls on our lap...
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING!!!
How do you come up with this stuff...

I can't tell which side you're on.

I was a huge Dlo fan, wanted him badly in draft & hated to see him go, but he's gone! Why would someone even think of idea all parties would redo or want each other back, it's not even a year, fuhgedaboudit... It's all about hindsight. It's easier for me to forgive cause I think he may have knee issue but what baller doesn't... His may be chronic & I thought of Brandon Roy.
HC: Riley
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't trade tyler ennis for dlo . Time to move on
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject:

No way in heck. Hart>>Dlo.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't want DLO back under any circumstances. Just don't think he's the kind of player you want on your team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

I do like the direction of the team, so if DLO was considered Jonah and had to be dumped off the ship (with Moz), so be it. But we also dumped JC/Nance too so it's a part of the whole picture but we haven't seen it all together.

If at the end of the day it's just Hart (i don't project him to have an all-star ceiling but will be a valuable role player for us), and DLO becomes a near all-star or all-star player, then yeah.

But still too soon. And kind of ripping off scabs. I thought we were all over the DLO thing!
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject:

Poor shooting... poor assist to turnover ratio... poor defense... I'm trying to think of a player who exhibits these qualities, yet still intrigues people with their potential.

Jamal Murray has similar numbers but his TS has gone up from 52 to 58%... assist/turnover ratio is still bad. DLO's hasn't gone up from 51%

Kris Dunn has been disappointing but at least he's gone from 43 to 49% shooting... better assist/turnover ratio too.

Buddy Hield has gone from 54% to 56% shooting... not much improvement but still in the right direction.

Jaylen Brown has gone from 54% to 56% also

Mudiay has gone from 44% to 48%, though he's regressed with the Knicks

Booker has gone from 53% to 56%... a bonafide scorer though pretty bad passer.

Rozier has improved from 33% to 52%... great progress from scrub to solid reserve player.

Exum has gone from 46% to 58% this season... though only a small sample size this year... someone to keep an eye on.

Marcus Smart... in four years has regressed from 49% to 48% TS

Elfrid Payton... progressed from 46% to 54%... currently struggling at Phoenix though.

Ennis... we know his story

Oladipo has improved from 51% to 58% during his five year narrative... this would be what you could hope might happen with DLO... late bloomer who finally somewhat achieved his number 2 pick potential. Terrible assist/turnover ratio though.

McLemore... started making progress, going from 48 to 55%... but has regressed to 52% shooting... still better than DLO though.

KCP started at 48%... has worked himself up to a career high 56% shooting

Trey Burke has gone from 47% to 56% this season, although only 35 games.

My conclusion from looking at the guards drafted from the last 5 years is that it is still possible that DLO can blossom as he is still young at 22... but it also would depend if his health issues are chronic or temporary. If Lin is able to play next year at a high level... it might help to have a more dynamic playmaker although Dinwiddie seemed to do just fine in his place.

The most worrisome part of DLO is he just hasn't improved in three years... Most of these guys show some sort of upward progression... they begin horribly in many cases but every year their numbers go up slightly. DLO has been stuck on 51% for three seasons now. The thing that makes you wonder is that he's wildly inconsistent... one night he will put up 32 points... a few nights later he will go 1 for 10 from three... those good nights make you afraid to give up because you see the potential... but they are pretty few and far between.

Bottom line, if DLO were healthy and showed signs of improvement... I might take a risk because there are several examples of players who didn't blossom until their fourth and fifth years... but mainly because his health has been iffy... I'd have to go with Hart... he's shooting 58%... he plays defense... he's a better rebounder. There still is precedent for DLO to have a breakthrough year, but if he doesn't show growth by next season then you have to think it's probably not going to happen. Hart might not have the all star ceiling... but he's going to be a good solid vet.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:

I was never a big DLo fan and I was fine with the trade at the time. I feel like he's emotionally stunted and immature. Like when he entered the league he came off to me as a 16 year old kid. He's the kind of player who probably won't hit his peak until 30, if he's healthy enough to last that long. He needs to grow up, become a man, and start taking basketball seriously as a profession if he's ever going to reach his potential.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

I probably hated the DLO trade more than just about anyone here. I still stand by that at that time it was a bad trade because you cannot reasonably expect your late 1st round pick will likely net you a player as good as Hart.
But looking in hindsight Hart has been amazing, and DLO has failed to progress mostly due to injuries.
Can DLO shake off the constant injuries and eventually develop in a player who is more valuable player than Hart+Bryant straight up? Its possible, but obviously who really pull that trade? Would be more fair to give DLO a mulligan for this season and ask this after both players get another season in.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject:

His stats don't really summarize what he's done with injuries this season. His team is absolute trash and he's carried them to some wins and had some really good games, better games than Hart has ever had.

I love Hart, he's hands down the better defender but he's also like the 4th option on offense and basically just a spot up shooter / occasional slasher. He has absolutely no pressure on him and he's exceeded expectations by far. With that said, though, if it was just a Hart v DLo situation then you absolutely take DLo. I'm still in the camp that would love to see a Lonzo/DLo back court and would love to see DLo as a SG which I think is the role he would thrive as. He's not a point guard and he's said multiple times he prefers scoring at the 2 without the responsibility of creating for others.

Hart is great 2 way role player and as much as I like him and would love to keep him DLo is just the superior player and can do way more on the offensive end and his defense is not as bad as people make it out to be.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
Wino wrote:
F NO!

I wouldn't trade Hart for him straight up.

Not sure I would trade Bryant for him straight up, not really sure on that one.

come on man lol

even not trading him straight up for Hart sounds ridiculous for any other team but ours, I just think Hart fits everything we're trying to do for the future.

but lol

DLO was not taking his time on the Lakers very seriously, he was fooling around acting like a punk with Young. On top of that he seemed to NOT want to work within Lukes system.

From there, I haven't seen him do much that really impressed me. He is not a difference maker and never will be.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

He was playing pretty (bleep) good pre-injury.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

Hart IMO is on pace to average around 13-15PPG next year so he will be close to DLOs productivity unless Russell boosts his scoring next year...there is no question who’s more talented but you also have to look who can have a bigger impact on a title team and that’s Hart.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject:

Quote:
and never will be.

Right. Careers are over at age 22. Ask Jules about that.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

Kuzma did fill the DLO shaped hole in my heart after the trade though. So I'm good. Best of luck to the kid. I am still a believer (but I am less passionate than I used to be considering his overall season this year).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8
Jump to: